Iclone7 animation Export

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic439375.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By thedavidwblock - 4 Years Ago
Can anyone please explain how to export animations that I've created in iclone7.  From what I can tell, you need  3D XChange.  This blows my mind.  I can export in Character creator but not in iClone7.  If I could some how get the animation back to Character Creator, I could export there but apparently that's locked down.  I don't have 3d XChange nor will I spend an other 500 to get it.  Your product descriptions are so misleading.  I would have never purchased anything had I known I couldn't export animations.  That's just something a person assumes a modern 3d tool would do.  Someone please show me that I'm wrong about this.      
By 3dtester - 4 Years Ago
iClone doesn't allow you to save out a motion file?
Usually you add the saved motion files in the CC3 FBX export dialog.
I think you only need CC3 Pipeline for that to work.

By bossdeff - 2 Years Ago
I literally just bought Iclone 7 with CC3 2 months before they released CC4 & iclone8, didn't know i would need 3Dechange. Now they have discontinued 3dxchange with iclone8. 

lol i really feel loved..

By Peter (RL) - 2 Years Ago
thedavidwblock (3/31/2020)
Can anyone please explain how to export animations that I've created in iclone7.  From what I can tell, you need  3D XChange.  This blows my mind.  I can export in Character creator but not in iClone7.  If I could some how get the animation back to Character Creator, I could export there but apparently that's locked down.  I don't have 3d XChange nor will I spend an other 500 to get it.  Your product descriptions are so misleading.  I would have never purchased anything had I known I couldn't export animations.  That's just something a person assumes a modern 3d tool would do.  Someone please show me that I'm wrong about this.      

You can export animations created in iClone 7 using Character Creator 3 Pipeline. It isn't locked down.

On the FBX Export panel just select Custom in the "Include Motion" box (F below) and load the motions you want to export.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6482f78a-d578-40a3-841d-88c3.jpg