Fbx to Iclone clothing and shoes issues.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic439007.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By tbseo - 4 Years Ago
I'm trying to import an fbx character to iclone. 
The character is already wearing a bikini and high heels but when I drag and drop into 3dexchange the bikini is too small and she pokes through alot. 

I can't figure out how to fix this. I also would like to seperate the clothing but "make sub prop"  is greyed out. I can't seperate it or even delete it. And I'd like to get rid of the high heels and put her feet on the floor. I think I at least remember seeing that in a tutorial somewhere but I'm still trying to find it. 

I was able to convert it to a non standard character and adjust the T pose using tutorials but the rest has me stumped. 

By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
You're unlikely to be able to separate her -- as an obj there *might* be a chance, but your only hope now is to take her first into Blender or some such and see if you can remove her clothing and then import her.

By tbseo - 4 Years Ago
Thanks. That's what I'm finding.  I've exported her from Maya but the export options are turning my hair grey. 

I did a test (with the clothes) and I think I got her into 3dexchange from Maya. 

Ive been messing around with the expression editor and I'm noticing there's no morph to move the eyes.  I can set everything else though ( I think). 
Any idea what that's about?
I also noticed there are sliders for the bikini top and bottom and when I set them at 100 the clothes fit. 
By tbseo - 4 Years Ago
I remapped the eyes (not really in my skillset) and now I can set them in the expression editor. But when I get the character in iclone and have her look at something her eyes go in the opposite direction.  
I think I dated this chick. Doze
By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
Yeah, it's tricky sometimes getting a non-standard character to work properly.  Unless they are a Genesis one (which 3DX recognizes and which now CC3/Transformer makes 3DX obsolete) you will nearly always have *some* issues.  My best luck is with either animals or robots, as then the eccentricities aren't so much a problem.