Project is Complete... but now I need to replace the face... how? (Crazytalk 8)

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic438565.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Mabou2 - 4 Years Ago
Hi all, I have to create 10 people singing the same song.... I have finished the project with one face, now I want to save everything (knowing that I will need to reset the points on the new face) including the music, voice, phonetics, etc. and simply swap out the actor face.

There HAS to be a way to do this, but I can't figure it out... help?
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Hi...

If you have a saved project with the music, voice and facial animation, then all you need to do is load each of the other 9 saved characters one by one into the project and the new characters will replace the original character. The new character will still have the same speech and facial animation as the original character.

Please Note: When you create the 9 other characters you need to save them under Actor > Custom > 2D Actor. Do not save them as a project files as this will just replace the existing project rather than just replacing the talking character.
By Mabou2 - 4 Years Ago
Hi Peter!  Thanks for the reply.  I am a bit bumbly about how all this works still, so this question might be lame.   You mention the other nine characters.  I am working with photos of people that I need to use.  I've animated the lips and everything with the singing for one of the faces I have imported.

Now I need to use all of the animation elements for nine more images (faces) that I need to import.

What would be the workflow to make this happen?

Thanks so much for your time.
Matt

By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
This would be the normal workflow based on your requirements.

1. Create the 10 2D characters one by one and save each one in Content Manager under Actor > Custom tab > 2D Actor (Press the + ADD button at the bottom of Content Manager).

2. Load the first character and build your project by adding speech, facial animation, music and add a background if required.

3. Save this as a Project file in Content Manager under Project > Custom tab > 2D Actor.

4. Now with the saved Project loaded, just load each of the other 9 saved characters from Actor > Custom tab > 2D Actor and they will replace the existing character but will retain the speech and facial animation. When played back the project will be exactly the same but just have a different actor talking.

I hope this helps. Smile
By Mabou2 - 4 Years Ago
YAY!  Who Rocks?  Peter Do.
Thanks so much Peter.
Curious if these instructions are anywhere in the manual or in these forums?  I tried very hard to find an answer and came up short.  I can't be the only person trying to do this, so it seems it would be a good tip to make available and findable.  
Anyway, thanks again, MUCH appreciate.

Matt