Please help? need to export hi res from cc3

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic436286.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Rampa - 6 Months Ago
holocule (2/18/2020)
thanks i just presumed that we might be able to do it as there is a subdivide function, ah well never mind, but that means having re-rig the character when we subdivide ? 

Think of the sub-division as the hardware equivalent of normal smoothing. It is just a GPU trick, and so only in the realtime render. The underlying geometry does not change.
By holocule - 6 Months Ago
thanks i just presumed that we might be able to do it as there is a subdivide function, ah well never mind, but that means having re-rig the character when we subdivide ? 
hi can anyone Please help? need to export hi res character from cc3 to fbx, but everything i have tried ends up with the base mesh res, and i need a res of bout 100k, does anyone know what i am doing wrong thanks
there just doesn't seem to be a way to subdivide without losing the blendshapes or the rigging? have tried maya and cinema4D and both screwed up the rig on export of subdivide, coz i am trying to subdivide to a higher mesh for UE4?
By vidi - 6 Months Ago
if you want subdivided version  , you need a another 3D Programm 
By Peter (RL) - 6 Months Ago
Character Creator 3 will allow you to export lower res versions of a character but you can't export higher res. As Vidi already explained you will need to export the character from CC3 and then do the subdivision work in a 3rd party 3D Modeller such as Maya, 3DS Max etc.