1950's Film Noir Crooner Scene Previz

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic435665.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Lord_Dreadmoor - 4 Years Ago
This is one section of the previz for a Film Noir animation teaser I started working on a while back. The plan was for the club scene/singer to be intercut over key scenes from the entirety of my scenes. I originally wanted the whole thing to be realistic and gritty, but then I decided to go a lot more cartoony with it and played around with some alternate designs which I ended up going with (which you'll see when I do my brand launch within the next few weeks), so this version got scrapped. Nonetheless, figured I would share this now so you can see the vast difference when I release the new version, in its entirety.

By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
I've used that set as well, but the aqua color looks better, I think.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3b67b1de-5d25-4e8b-880a-5897.png
Kelleytoons (2/11/2020)
I've used that set as well, but the aqua color looks better, I think.

Nice! I follow you on YouTube, so I'm surprised I don't remember seeing you post that scene. Incidentally, as much as I liked the way that looked in the previz, the scenery I built for the final shots in Unreal Engine are far more apropos. Still a fantastic set for previz though.

By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
I actually never posted this -- it was "From Ukraine with Love" with a certain politician singing about...things.  My singing was pretty terrible, though, and as I continued to work on it it got to the point where I didn't want to kick an old man when he was down, as I was sure he would end up being pretty irrelevant.  As it happens, last week proved me right.  

But I do like the set and the crowd movements look great, and I suspect at some point I'll repurpose it for another something (maybe a better song and different politico :>Wink.

Wouldn't mind seeing your Unreal scene, just for contrast (I'm not about to learn anything new at this late stage in my life, but I do admit that it's tempting to at least try it).
By mark - 4 Years Ago
This is from an Italian iCloner from long ago 2009..it's a bit noir-ish... but it just blew me away as I was just getting started with iClone...to tell the truth it still does!!BigGrin

mark (2/11/2020)
This is from an Italian iCloner from long ago 2009..it's a bit noir-ish... but it just blew me away as I was just getting started with iClone...to tell the truth it still does!!BigGrin

Holy crap, that was fantastic.

By rosuckmedia - 4 Years Ago
Hello, Lord Dreadmoor,
That's very good,
Kind regards rosuckmedia Smile
By mark - 4 Years Ago
mark (2/11/2020)

Yeah and considering how long ago it was kinda blows my mind. Stefano is great. I worked with him on a feature length iClone years ago for a producer here in the US...never got paid as I remember LOLTongueTongue