CC3 NEEDS A NEW RIG!!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic435413.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Siverse - 4 Years Ago
WE NEED TO START A CAMPAIGN TO SORT OUT THE Shoulder rigging and appearance editor, FOR AT THE MOMENT THE WAY THE SHOULDERS DEFORM TO MORPHS IN CC3 IS TOTATLLY UN-USEABLE!!! they just look so UNNATURAL AND CC3 REALLUSION, TRYING MAKE OUT THEIR PROGRAM IS MAKING THINGS LOOK REAL, THEN SORT THE BLOODY SHOULDER RIGGING OUT PLEASE! COZ THEY LOOK SO UNREAL!!!
AND... just wondered now with the new human texture editor whats going to happen with the updating of the appearance editor so we can use substance materials, for this is the reason i bought cc3 in the first place, with out the appearance editor and use of substance, it's not much good, plus the shoulder deformation of the cc3 characters is atrocious and NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED STAT! which is an extreme put off from using cc3 characters! please keep your program the best it can be and address these painful issues, have attached a shoulder comparison between Daz and CC3 with the exact same character, but mouth and deformation, breasts corrected in CC3 EVERYTHING LEFT UNTOUCHED. thanks

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2abc314a-e915-4b80-8eb9-7cde.jpg
By animagic - 4 Years Ago
No need to shout...
By Rampa - 4 Years Ago
You might find it useful to start with a CC1_Substance base, so you can use the Appearance Editor. You can then convert it to a CC3 base and Digital Human shaders.

By Siverse - 4 Years Ago
YEAH THERE IS COZ NO ONE IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR YEARS, JUST MAKING MORE PLUGINS, TO MAKE MONEY, INSTEAD OF REFINING THE PRODUCT WE ALL PAID FOR, AND THE REASONS WE PAID FOR IT, THEIR PROMISES ARE EMPTY THEY DON'T KEEP THEIR WORD! THAT'S TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY FROM A CUSTOMER POINT OF VIEW!
By Rampa - 4 Years Ago
You should also check your shoulder morphs. Try typing "shoulder" into the morph panel search. You can probably get those shoulders looking much better with some fine tuning.
By animagic - 4 Years Ago
Like Rampa indicates, you have to be willing to do some work.

The reason for the delay in the Appearance Editor has been explained numerous times. It will need to be compatible with the Digital Human Shader. Now you may call that nothing, but I disagree.
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
holocule (2/10/2020)
YEAH THERE IS COZ NO ONE IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR YEARS, JUST MAKING MORE PLUGINS, TO MAKE MONEY, INSTEAD OF REFINING THE PRODUCT WE ALL PAID FOR, AND THE REASONS WE PAID FOR IT, THEIR PROMISES ARE EMPTY THEY DON'T KEEP THEIR WORD! THAT'S TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY FROM A CUSTOMER POINT OF VIEW!

Do you really think that writing in all caps (shouting) is going to make a difference to your post being seen? It is quite possible to make your point without all caps and large fonts. Writing the way you did is more likely to get the thread deleted than get listened to so please refrain from doing it again.

Regarding the actual point you are shouting talking about, we do have a new CC3 character base coming which has many improvements, including to the shoulders (more to come on that in the coming days). In addition the HD Skin Generator (aka Appearance Editor 2) is also still scheduled for release this quarter.
By Room101Studios - 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (2/11/2020)
[quote]

Regarding the actual point you are shouting talking about, we do have a new CC3 character base coming which has many improvements, including to the shoulders (more to come on that in the coming days). In addition the HD Skin Generator (aka Appearance Editor 2) is also still scheduled for release this quarter.

Does this mean CC3 is going to be getting a new mesh? If so, is this going to change the topology or rig alignments?

I'm only asking, 'cos I'm working on clothing and I'm wondering if I'll need to put it on hold.

By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Room101Studios (2/13/2020)

Does this mean CC3 is going to be getting a new mesh? If so, is this going to change the topology or rig alignments?

I'm only asking, 'cos I'm working on clothing and I'm wondering if I'll need to put it on hold.

No need to put anything on hold. All existing clothing will continue to conform and work with the CC3+ Base Mesh. Smile

You can now find more information about the new base mesh in our 2020 Roadmap below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/435689/Character-Creator-2020-Roadmap