Price change of 3DXchange7 pipeline in wake of Unreal Link announcement

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic434073.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By PenelopeFlynn - 4 Years Ago
When the free Unreal link for Indies announcement came out I was thrilled and all the way in. However when I looked at the requirements to get the link it appears that one must have in addition to iClone7 a copy of 3DXchange7 Pipeline. Rolling back over a year ago, I was one of the unsophisticated who earlier purchased the Reallusion bundle with 3DX 7 Pro and Character Creator 3 (both without pipeline) not aware that they differed from Pipeline and that they had extremely limited capability without pipeline (as I needed to import characters from Poser). So, I ended up having to pay for the upgrade to Pipeline from Character Creator 3. I wasn't happy, but i lived with it. Okay, so with the announcement regarding the Unreal link, I said "Huzzah! This is what I've been waiting for! What the Hey. I'll rob Peter to pay Paul (even though I am post-Xmas and coming up on Valentine's day cash-strapped) and resigned myself to paying the $349 to upgrade. However today when I prepared to purchase I found that  the 3DXchange 7 pipeline price had increased to $399. I know this must be in error because the Bundle  with iClone7 only costs $499 and the iClone7 member upgrade price is $149. So $499 - $149 would be $350. I know the price was $349 when I looked earlier this week. When did the Add On price for 3DXchange7 Pipeline rise? I just feel like I'm being nickel and dimed just to get the promised functionality that we all believed was promised by Reallusion. I am feeling very disenchanted. 
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Hi...

Sorry to hear you feel disenchanted.

Generally you will always save money buying a bundle over buying individually. Regarding 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, when no sale or promotion is running, $399 is the normal member/upgrade price ($499 is the full price). During sales like over the holidays the price of most products was reduced which is why you likely saw a cheaper price for a while.

If you have questions about current discounts, please feel free to contact Customer Support who will help you get the best deal available.
By PenelopeFlynn - 4 Years Ago
Thank you for your prompt response. I have not had good experiences with RL customer service in the past, so I think I'll just bide my time, watch for how others are faring with the link and based on those results maybe if another discount or sale arises I'll revisit the issue, at that time. Again, thank you.