Render Video of all cameras in a scene

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic432714.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By edwardjaywang - 4 Years Ago
Hi, I am trying to write a script using the iClone Python API that renders videos for multiple cameras in a single scene.

Currently, I have several scenes and, for each scene, I have 7 cameras(These cameras have the same names across all the scenes). Each scene is in a different project. I would like to write a script to render all the cameras in all of these scenes.  

Right now, I run a python script that loads each project file, checks for errors, and then calls RLPy.RGlobal.RenderVideo(). I found this function being used in the Batch Render example. However, the RLPy.RGlobal.RenderVideo() function only renders 1 of the 7 cameras. Right now I think the camera that is rendered is the one chosen in my main viewport, but I have not found a way to change the camera that is rendered.

My question is: Is there a way that I can programmatically change the camera that is rendered or render all the cameras?

Thank you!
By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS - 4 Years Ago
From the current state of the iClone Python API, the only way I see to do what you want is to:
- Load a Project
- Get the list of Cameras
- Delete all the Cameras except the one you want for rendering.
- Render the Video
Repeat for each Camera..
By edwardjaywang - 4 Years Ago
Ah! Thank you so much!

Do I need to create a copy of the project before I delete the cameras? Or is there a way to reset the cameras, or store the cameras in a variable and then put them back in the scene?