Going from CTA3 to CA4

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic432306.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By twright240 - 4 Years Ago
I am a bit of a newbie here.
I currently have CTA3 on my PC and I was interested in now installing CA4.
Do I have to uninstall CTA3 for CA4 to work?
I was hoping to keep CTA3 on my computer for a while as it remembers where my past projects are.

Thank you.
Tom

By jlittle - 4 Years Ago
You can keep both version on your computer without issue.
They each have their own directories and install folders.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff this information.
I will give it a try this up coming Monday.

I am hoping to put just the .exe files on the C drive and the rest on the D. I don't think I was entirely successful in this regard when I tried to install CTA3 a while ago. Anyways I will give an update as to what happens.

Also I will be having a closer look at your tutorials.

Thanks again,
Tom
By jlittle - 4 Years Ago
Tom,

I've installed the exe's on my C drive and the Custom and Template files on an ssd drive.
During install just give the path you want to use. They can be anywhere you want them.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for describing how you manage your files.

From your suggestion I will keep an eye open for where it gives one file location options. I will be attempting to do the install tomorrow. 

Thanks again,

Tom

HI Jeff,

I was able to install CA4 while leaving CCTA3 where it was on the computer.
Also as you said I was given the option to put most of the CA4 file types in the drive and directorys where I thought best, or at least where I could find them easily again.

So thanks for helping me with my initial questions.

There is one thing about the install that I am now wondering about.
With the my purchase of CA4 in the last few days of 2019 Reallusion included a bonus pack or material, which I thought I installed OK. But now I am not sure.  When I go to the content template manager there are a fair number of characters or actors with a red stripe or banner in the upper right hand corner. When I click on them instead of loading them in the work space it takes me to the Reallusion store website.

Anyways we can't solve everything in one day, and I can manage without those extra items for now.

Again, thanks Jim for helping me to get started.

Tom
from Canada
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Hi Tom

You can find download links for the CTA4 resource packs and bonus packs on your Reallusion Account > Registration page. Just click the "Download" link for CTA4 to find them. If you download and install the bonus packs you will have all the content shown in Content Manager.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info on the bonus files. I will give what you sugest a try.
Tom