Face Key Editor closes when clicking on the timeline.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic431978.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Unrighteous - 5 Years Ago
As far as I know this only happens for Face Key Editor. It closes when clicking on the timeline. This is incredibly inconvenient as if you want to adjust frames or move to a different frame it will close and you have to open it again each time.
By garylearntech - 5 Years Ago
Hi Unrighteous: some more information about your setup might be useful - it's not happening for me.  I'm using CA4 Pipeline v4.11 on macOS 10.13.6.

Using the Reallusion "Ruby S2" character on an otherwise empty canvas, I can click in the timeline or drag the playhead to set a new position and the Face Key Editor remains open and useable.
Hey, thanks for the response.

I'm running windows 10 and CA4 Pipeline v4.11.

My apologies, I did a bit more testing, and there's a few important things I left out. The Face Key Editor only closes when you're in either the "Transform or "Deform" tabs of the Face Key Editor; Morph and Template will stay open. Also, clicking on the timeline is actually fine, the problem occurs when clicking on any track below the main timeline (the main timeline doesn't have keys).

I can't find Ruby S2, but with Martha_F opening different track categories (Transform, Motion, Face, etc) closes the Face Key Editor, and clicking on any of those tracks to edit keys also closes it. What I mostly do is go into the "Face" tab, and use "Face_Transform" under "Face Motion." Trying to edit the keys here closes the Face Key Editor.

Thanks again.
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Unrighteous (12/28/2019)
As far as I know this only happens for Face Key Editor. It closes when clicking on the timeline. This is incredibly inconvenient as if you want to adjust frames or move to a different frame it will close and you have to open it again each time.

Hi... You can drag the Play Head (3) to move to a different frame and this will not close the Face Key Editor.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba335e5b-dc24-4599-a758-0ac5.jpg
Yes, I'm aware of that. If you look at my second post I give more detail on the issue and acknowledge that it's not clickling on the timeline that closes Face Key Editor, it's clicking on the tracks below the timeline. This is still a major issue as I can't edit keyframes without closing Face Key Editor.