Character Creator 3 , Bad eye topology !?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic431512.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By ahmedlagg15 - 5 Years Ago
hello character creator 3 users ,
i want to talk about how bad character creator topology is , and how bad it can be when rigging,
after i finished my character and export it to maya so i can rig it using my fov tool , advanced skeleton 5.
when rigging the face i saw that there is 0 edge loops around the eyes , witch is VERY bad for rigging ,
i thought i did a mistake on character creator , so i go back and check every character , and i find all of them have very very bad eye edge flow.
did i do a mistake , or this is how character creator topology is?
thanks.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
Answering this will require an expert, because I'm very happy using CC characters as they are in iClone...Unsure
By ahmedlagg15 - 5 Years Ago
it wont be a problem if i use it in iclone , but i need it to be in Maya , and animation and rigging must be in maya to keep the workflow right
By vidi - 5 Years Ago
The topology seems to work for CC, or what is the different in respect to maya ? A mesh is a mesh no matter which program you use.
By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS - 5 Years Ago
Lets wait for the CC v3.3 (Q1 2020) which will have a new CC "Base Mesh", perhaps this will be fixed and contains, indeed, proper edge loops where needed (mostly the eyes) instead of those spiral thingies. The mouth should be ok though.

That said for most iCloners that's not an issue, nor for most game developers. Only for very custom pipelines like yours it is.