What's New in Headshot Plug-in 1.0 & 1.01

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic427324.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Miranda (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Headshot Plug-in for Character Creator

Headshot, the AI-powered Character Creator plugin generates 3D realtime digital humans from one photo. Apart from intelligent texture blending and head mesh creation, the generated digital doubles are fully rigged for voice lipsync, facial expression, and full body animation. 

Reference Pages and Learning Materials:
  • Webpage
  • Online Manual
  • Tutorials
    • Available Now: Auto Workflow, Pro Workflow
    • Coming Up: Preparing Photo, Quick Guide, Utilizing Sculpt Morph, Texture Adjustment
Dec 24th updated: Patch v1.01 has been released. (Release Note)

Headshot supports two AI modes:

Pro Mode
It includes Headshot 1000+ sculpting morphs, Image Matching and Texture Reprojection tools. The Pro Mode is designed for production level hi-res texture processing and ultimate face shape refinement.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/105e1d26-bc77-469e-8918-5e5c.png

Auto Mode
It makes lower-res virtual heads with additional 3D hair in a fully automatic process.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/47ab71ac-c669-4f13-8893-3f78.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c6145f01-0f40-44fe-91e4-4153.png

Sculpt Morph

Headshot provides you with an easy way to adjust a character’s face contour and fine details, allowing you to quickly achieve the look you want. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8a9bff67-ce33-4224-91d1-905e.png

Headshot Morph 1000+

Besides the on-screen sculpt morph design, there is an advanced way to tweak 3D heads to be accurate as photo as possible. 

Headshot Morph 1000+ is the world most comprehensive facial morph system designed to achieve the scan-level head model accuracy. It gives all possible facial shape controls for Headshot Image Alignment and Sculpt Morph system. More than 1000 head morphs are categorized in logical structure and natural order; Users can use them to approximate all possible human facial varieties regardless of races. Each morph is aided by visual icon, intuitive naming, and search function for quick user access.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5421c2d5-c342-4541-b22b-1056.jpg

The great new is, users who purchased Headshot Plug-in will get Headshot Morph 1000+ as a bonus!  >> Know More

By wires - 5 Years Ago
Excellent, we can finally use CC to create full characters without having to jump between a bunch of Apps just to make a Face.

Thank you Miranda and the rest of the Dev. team. CoolSmoooothSmile
By theschemer - 5 Years Ago
Downloading now. This is what I have been waiting for. And the Hair Tool is so much needed! The old way I could make a face that sort of looked like the picture, but then I could never find the correct hair to finish it properly. This is going to be great!! Thanks Reallusion for making this happen and for the Early Bird Special pricing.
TS
By facr73 - 5 Years Ago
This is a fantastic plugin. And I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I would like to suggest something for future updates of the plugin.
Although sliders are easy to use, I would prefer having gizmos near the location where we are changing the face. It would be more precise and more intuitive. I am thinking something like Allrightrig for Unreal.
See an example here:

By djafararboncana - 5 Years Ago
Guys i have installed Character creator 3.02 version and also the headshot plugin trial version
when i open the CC3 software i cannot see the Headshot interface as i can see here in the video.

What happened ? should update the CC3 to 3.2 version in order it work?
By theschemer - 5 Years Ago
Yes. Always use the latest version and make sure you download the resource packs too. There were some issues in the original ones so they fixed them although there wasn't much of an announcement to reinstall them.
By charly Rama - 5 Years Ago

facr73 (12/3/2019)

Although sliders are easy to use, I would prefer having gizmos near the location where we are changing the face. It would be more precise and more intuitive. I am thinking something like Allrightrig for Unreal.
See an example here:

I totally agree with you. gizmo is really really more precise. Please, expressions will be better
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
djafararboncana (12/10/2019)
Guys i have installed Character creator 3.02 version and also the headshot plugin trial version
when i open the CC3 software i cannot see the Headshot interface as i can see here in the video.

What happened ? should update the CC3 to 3.2 version in order it work?

The Headshot plugin requires version 3.2. If you are using version 3.02 then you need to update. 

Apart from Headshot there have been lot's of great new additions to Character Creator since 3.02 so you are missing out if you use an outdated version.
facr73 (12/3/2019)

See an example here:

Thank you for the feedback. The team will consider this for future inclusion. Smile
Hello everyone,

The Headshot 1.01 update has now been released. Please find the Update tab in Reallusion Hub, and download the patch.

There are two changes in this update.
  • Enhanced: The default male eyelashes now conform more closely to the geometry.
  • Fixed: Auto Mode hair wont appear in the Iray render.

Thanks!

By ph.bensaid - 5 Years Ago
Hello from France,

I have installed  the last version of Headshot plugin on  the last version of Character Creator (3.21...) and me too, I can't see where is the plugin when I open CC.
As you told, I installed CC pack too before and verified all was updated.

Thank you for your advices.
ph.bensaid (12/25/2019)
Hello from France,

I have installed  the last version of Headshot plugin on  the last version of Character Creator (3.21...) and me too, I can't see where is the plugin when I open CC.
As you told, I installed CC pack too before and verified all was updated.

Thank you for your advices.

Do you see Headshot under Main Menu > Plugins?
No, only " Character Creator and  Iclone autosetup".
By nealtucker - 5 Years Ago
Headshot missing for me too after the latest update!
So I deleted it using the Hub, then downloaded it using the Hub but it will not instal using the Hub, so I deleted it again using the Hub and downloaded it from my account and re-instaled it where it asks for my licence key so all seemed good but it still does not show up in CC?
Has anyone found a solution to this or the steps needed for a clean instal which is probably what is needed?
N.
Hello,

I tried again to install again Headshot Plugin by downloading again the entire plugin without deleting it and using the Hub and It works!

Try to do it!

Thank you
nealtucker (12/26/2019)
Headshot missing for me too after the latest update!
So I deleted it using the Hub, then downloaded it using the Hub but it will not instal using the Hub, so I deleted it again using the Hub and downloaded it from my account and re-instaled it where it asks for my licence key so all seemed good but it still does not show up in CC?
Has anyone found a solution to this or the steps needed for a clean instal which is probably what is needed?
N.

Hi Neal

Do make sure that Character Creator 3 is closed down when installing the Headshot plugin. If you had CC3 open during install please try to install the plugin again with CC3 closed.

If you then continue to have this problem please contact Technical Support. Thanks.