Calibration issue

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic426320.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By animagic - Last Year
I've found that I need really good lighting, so I have placed a LED bar on top of my monitor.

Now I don't know if you move around with your head-cam, so in your case any lighting solution would be different.
By sterlingy - Last Year
For some reason, sometimes when I calibrate, the mouth tracker seems to move to the bottom of the nose. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and how you resolved it, assuming you did?

Cheers,

Sterling
By sterlingy - Last Year
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using a headcam, so that is the setting for me, but I did try both, just in case.

I find it odd because the mouth tracker is dead on and then I hit calibrate and the tracker moves to the bottom of the nose. I also toyed with the angle of the camera on my face to see if there was some visual that was confusing the application. Didn't make a difference.

The other thing is, this doesn't happen all the time.
By 4u2ges - Last Year
In Faceware Realtime for iCone > Settings make sure to select "StaticCam_..." as oppose to "HeadCam_..." profile (that is if your camera is indeed static).
By sterlingy - Last Year
I actually have lighting on my headcam, but I have it disabled. Maybe that's what I need to try. I had attempted to calibrate in a well lit room with daylight, but the problem still happened.

I'll re-wire the lighting tomorrow and let you know if I have better results.
By 4u2ges - Last Year
I see. I do not have a *head rig* and using static camera. But as I was experimenting, whenever I  switch to HeadCam profile and calibrate, sometimes mouth tracker jumps to the nose and nose tracker getting scaled down.
I noticed however it is happening mostly when the distance between face and camera is over 1.5ft. Moving closer seems helping to get tracker in right spots though.
By sterlingy - Last Year
4u2ges (11/7/2019)
I see. I do not have a *head rig* and using static camera. But as I was experimenting, whenever I  switch to HeadCam profile and calibrate, sometimes mouth tracker jumps to the nose and nose tracker getting scaled down.
I noticed however it is happening mostly when the distance between face and camera is over 1.5ft. Moving closer seems helping to get tracker in right spots though.

That is what I am experiencing. My camera is about 6 inches from my face and everything lines up just as it does in the tutorial video series.

What kind of camera do you use?