Hey everyone - I need help (Read the message below)

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic426160.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By souwrit.ray2009 - 5 Years Ago
Hi everyone, I am Souwrit Ray from Kolkata, West Bengal, India

I have been using three reallusion products which are iClone 7 (with 3DxChange), Character Creator 3, and Crazy Talk 8. I shall soon purchase the Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline tool.

I have been fascinated with animation movies all my life and want to create animation movies of my own, and I found all these potentials in iClone and Character Creator. I also have DAZ Studio for transferring some specific Characters and its props for usage in iClone via CC3.

Now I need some help.

You all may have seen the James Bond Movie DIE ANOTHER DAY. In that movie there is a scene where Halle Berry comes out of the sea all wet and drenched.

Well I would like to recreate that scene in iClone, but there are a few problems.

Problem 1 - There are no wet skin maps in the Reallusion Content Store or Marketplace. I have some Wet Skin Maps on DAZ, but they cannot be used in CC3 or iClone as I don't know how to transfer them into CC3/iClone.

Problem 2 - Having wet Skin maps is not enough. i need to show the water and its droplets rolling from the body of the character
(Which is only possible in Photoshop and DAZ not in CC3/iClone)

So, can anyone who is an expert in using these tools (iClone and CC3) help me out? Please Let me know.

I am awaiting for your replies and 
solutions (or tips and tutorials).

With regards,

Souwrit Ray
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
Quick response as I have to go: You can try using a video texture of raindrops going down a glass window in the Blend channel of the skin. I have used that to show raindrops gliding down a car's surface.

You might also be able to do things with particles in addition. I leave that to the experts.
By raxel_67 - 5 Years Ago
You can tweak the roughness maps, lower the brightness, that can give a wet like look. And animagic's suggestion sounds interesting
By souwrit.ray2009 - 5 Years Ago
Thanks a lot. The result was exceptional
Here is a frame from the scene 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/54d42583-213c-4ddd-9c96-1aec.png