Audio recorded is not synced with Live Face even using ethernet adapter

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic425035.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
The video says it all:

By Scyra - 5 Years Ago
Hi, Mike! I just got the ethernet adapter as well. I'm getting some really amazing results during my Preview rehearsals. I haven't yet successfully output it to do the Collect Clip, or whatever (only gave it one half-hearted attempt)...to be honest I don't know much about iClone yet. I had to disable the PC wifi and  of course put the phone on Airplane Mode to get it working right, but are you at least getting good results during the Preview?
By 3dtester - 5 Years Ago
That's trange. Normally i would say the Ethernet connection should work better than Wi-Fi.
However, since it is an external adaptor, there might be a problem with the device latency introduced by the driver / OS.
If you didn't upgrade to the latest iOS, it may be worth trying (make a backup first).

Oh, I'm ALWAYS on the latest of any OS, especially iOS.

I just think this is a "iClone recording audio" thing.  It just may take that long to translate into visemes.  I don't think the ethernet connection with the phone helps or hurts in this regard.  I actually even posted a tutorial/video about this a year ago when doing it via wi-fi, but I thought ethernet would change things.  It doesn't.

It would be interesting to hear from the devs but, alas, that's unlikely.
Scyra (10/20/2019)
Hi, Mike! I just got the ethernet adapter as well. I'm getting some really amazing results during my Preview rehearsals. I haven't yet successfully output it to do the Collect Clip, or whatever (only gave it one half-hearted attempt)...to be honest I don't know much about iClone yet. I had to disable the PC wifi and  of course put the phone on Airplane Mode to get it working right, but are you at least getting good results during the Preview?

You don't need to disable your PCs wifi -- if the iPhone isn't receiving wi-fi the PC state has no effect one way or the other.
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (10/20/2019)

It would be interesting to hear from the devs but, alas, that's unlikely.

Hi KT... I will pass on your feedback and video to the dev team so they can check the issue. I'll update again when I have more information.
Thanks, Peter.  It would be nice to get some feedback from them.

Overall, though, after recording some very long passages I am pleased with using ethernet to connect.  The sync (once adjusted, as I do here, by 20 frames) does hold even after three or four minutes, which was NOT the case using wi-fi.  So I think I'll just use this as my standard connection now.  

Doing a manual adjustment isn't at all difficult or onerous but because most folks won't understand it they will get poor results without a clue as to how to fix.  At the very least it should be addressed in the manual.
By argus1000 - 5 Years Ago
Hi Mike,

In settings, on my iPad Pro with a depth camera, I have the Wifi options and everything works. I can capture with Live face and Motion Live. No problem. However, I can't get the USB connection to work (apparently you need the cellular hotspot option for that).

And I don't have the Ethernet option in settings either. How can I get this option to show up. It doesn't say in the manual. Thanks.
https://mocap.reallusion.com/iclone-motion-live-mocap/LIVE_FACE-Ethernet_Connection_Guide.pdf
By AllenLee (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Hi Mike and everyone,

I checked the MotionLive. This is really a problem.
In fact, the recording function of Motion Live is based on the recording device in the PC.
So it doesn't matter how the iPhone is connected to the computer.

This problem is actually caused by the delay time when MotionLive enables your computer's recording device.
The latency of each computer may be different, it may be 40ms, 60ms or 120ms.
(different recording devices may also affect the latency.)

The delay time should be measurable and the delay time can be the start time of the vimeme clip.
I will fix this problem in the next version of MotionLive.

Allen Lee
Thanks, Allen -- but would you please either let someone (me?) test this or at the very least make sure the new release is commented enough so we know when it changes?  I ask because I've got my workflow defined now and if/when it changes I don't want to be surprised <g>.
By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
@AllenLee(RL),

Thank you for the informative reply.  It's great to hear you think it can (will) be fixed.

I agree with Kelleytoons' suggestion that someone be able to beta test the fix.  Right now, he has a workaround which is relatively easy to perform, and it would be sad if the "fix" broke the workaround.

Why would it be sad if the workaround quit working?  Because there are so many different system with different versions of windows and different drivers and different pieces of hardware, it might be difficult to have a flawless solution that works on everybody's system.  That is why, a) It is important to have several normal users test it on their systems at home, and b) There still might be a need for Kelleytoons' workaround sometimes.

Hopefully the fix will be great, and will work perfectly 99% of the time (or more).

Thanks again for your great reply in this thread.  Good luck with the fix.  Smile