Help with wightmap

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic423349.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By facr73 - 5 Years Ago
Hi.

Can someone help me on how to make the weight map for this clothe https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-afghan-burqa-for-genesis-8-females?
I really really appreciate some help because I am starting going crazy.

Thanks.
By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
I don't have that (a bit too new -- I usually wait a few months) but in looking at it I'm not sure there's going to be anything really good you can do.  First things first, though -- make sure you hide ALL the mesh of the figure underneath (not needed and no way you'll ever come away with no collision problems).

After that the basic issue will be self-collision -- the material will also have some issues with the ground.  And remember that all you really need is some deep dark black at the very top to pin things into place (after that you'll have to play around with collision shapes to get something usable.

It will be a challenge.
By facr73 - 5 Years Ago
Thanks Mike for the reply.

Yes, It's too new, As I dont't have the DAZ membership, I used the Thankyou Offering with the 30% discount. I was looking for this item some quite a while.
Back to topic. The skin weights also are tricky. But It can be managed. The weight mapping is another story. I did hide all the mesh and add a strong black at the top, but the results were weak.  The flow of the burqa is really bad beneath the arms and not good at the rest. 
But you have said one thing I din't do: activate the self collision (I forgot that) and try that later.
But if you one day get that cltohe and do a nice job with it please share :-).

I wish it could be possible to do the weightmaps by painting the mesh like we can do with skin weighting.

Greets.
By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
You might show a video of what you come up with so far and perhaps we can give you some other tips.

I looked through my collection but couldn't really find anything similar to even try (I have a blue man burka thingee for the guys, but it's not a sheet wraparound like this thing).  My gut tells me to try painting this with 3DCoat and you might have better luck with trouble areas.
By facr73 - 5 Years Ago
Hi. Mike.

I have uploaded 2 videos where I use a weight map from a trial version of 3dcoat (left) and a custom weight map (right).
The Burqa was exported from DAZ and I used the CC3 transformer tool.

In the next video I used the "Original" option for skin weighting.

In the following video I used the "Dress" option for skin weighting.

Each option used in the transformer for the skin weighting doesn't work as expected. If used "original" the arms are not weighted and if weighted later the results are the same as bringing as Dress/Default.
As seen in the videos,
I think this outfit will be very hard to work with :-(. Next I show a picture how the Burqa looks in CC3.  

3DCoat seems a very nice program to do the weight mappings and you are very good explaining it in your videos. I will consider get it later but the results with the Burqa weren't encouraging.

Greets.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f332da52-f34b-4ddb-a598-56a7.png

By Rampa - 5 Years Ago
an you post the UV map?
By facr73 - 5 Years Ago
Yes I can.

Attached.

By facr73 - 5 Years Ago
Well,

I have tried and tried and I can't get the sking weights right neither the weightmap.
I give up. If someone has a cloth like this or get the same object from DAZ and get it right please share.

Thanks.