Movie Progress-Death Refuge

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic422760.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By pedrosura - 5 Years Ago
After work induced time off, I am working on my little project again. I am creating the music for the movie. I'm at 60% there. Sound effects are finished and the movie is finished. After that I will have to Mix the Sounds, Eq, Balance, etc.. and that will be the end. 

In this scene, Gordon goes to a brothel to meet "his party". Sort of a play on the Bar Cantina scene from Star Wars. 

Comments or questions are always welcomed. 

There is nudity and foul language. R Rated

By toystorylab - 5 Years Ago
Yo, nice...
Curious about the final product Wink
Thank you. I am done with the movie/shooting/editing. Sound effects are done. The music is taking me a long time but is fun. Still hard to believe how long this takes. My respect to anyone who makes an Iclone movie
By Peter Blood - 5 Years Ago
Nicely done. And I commend you on the time and effort involved. Mine can, and usually do, take about 2 years to finish.
It can be a grind, especially in the last scenes of animation. Music, FX, and the rest are much easier on my brain than animating.
But then, I don't make my own music so that could be the reason why.

Cool pete
This took me about 2 years, as well. Agreed...Animating is the hardest and most tedious. im starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. lol
By Lamias - 5 Years Ago
I respect anyone who makes a full length movie as well. IClone is a great tool, but when it comes to animating without using MoCap, things get really difficult and tedious, as you mentioned.

I really hope more iCloners start making complete movies, and good for you for making one. If I could make one question: The colors on the scene look a bit de-saturated, a bit washed out (in my opinion). Was that intended?

Will definitely watch the movie, it looks very promising!!
By Walvince - 5 Years Ago
Great job ! This kind of big project seems rather rare. How long will it last ?
Hey, Thank you... it's 45 minutes beginning to end. 
Lamias (9/20/2019)
I respect anyone who makes a full length movie as well. IClone is a great tool, but when it comes to animating without using MoCap, things get really difficult and tedious, as you mentioned.

I really hope more iCloners start making complete movies, and good for you for making one. If I could make one question: The colors on the scene look a bit de-saturated, a bit washed out (in my opinion). Was that intended?

Will definitely watch the movie, it looks very promising!!

Yes, there is some desaturation and color correction. I really wanted to stay  away from the typical cartoon Iclone movie look, just wanted it to look more like a 70s film. 
By Lamias - 5 Years Ago
I understand. It made me think of older films, so I think the color correction achieved it's purpose!
By Grumpsalot - 5 Years Ago
"damn that's good" And a lot of time and effort. Very fun take on the cantina scene. I think you have things well covered and I look forward to the end of the tunnel Smile
Wow! Great, at least I got something right!!
I think the space shots look better with the look plus I wanted it to look like a 70s cowboy movie.. I feel better that you said that.
By nealtucker - 5 Years Ago
It's a good feeling when you get to the end, My project took a year and it was only 15 mins but I had to learn so much plus I did everything my self apart from some of the voice acting.
pedrosura (9/16/2019)
This took me about 2 years, as well. Agreed...Animating is the hardest and most tedious. im starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. lol

Making a movie is the greatest Film University... lol