Preserving morphs exported from Daz to CC to Unity

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic422266.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By yosofun - 5 Years Ago
I've exported blend morphs from Daz ... but when exporting to Unity from CC these blend shapes appear lost? Help! 
By Scyra - 5 Years Ago
There are a few things that cause Morphs/Blendshapes to get deleted. I will list what I can think of. Note that Daz figure (body) morphs will never come over—the Transformer process removes those.
  • Using Polygon Reduction
  • Importing anything as Hair will cause it to lose morphs
  • Mesh/Material merging (probably...)
By yosofun - 5 Years Ago
Hmm so the morphs are iPhone X animation ready ones. The transformer tutorials show hair import - have had to fudge with it so many times I'm almost out of trial runs. 

3 trial imports right - would love to get a working model exported Daz->CC-> to try to work with in Unity for use with ARKit2 iPhone X face

- Don't import hair 
- Don't poly reduce (actually this is one of the main draws of CC to have it turn Daz into game ready models) ... is there some sort of other way? Does using the LOD reduce have the same damaging effect? 
By Scyra - 5 Years Ago
I replied to your other thread. Let me clear up a couple things here.

Importing hair as Type: Hair (instead of cloth/accessory) causes the hair to lose its morphs. You can retain hair morphs if you import hair has Cloth or Accessory (and can even then convert it to "Hair" and it will retain the morphs. But this is probably a moot point because hair tends to have so many polys you are going to reduce it and lose those hair morphs anyway. If you want hair to move around in Unity just use the Dynamic Bone asset.

Polygon Reduction, which deletes morphs/blendshapes, is only for Cloth/Accessory/Hair/Gloves/Shoes not for the body/figure. CC3 to Unity is going to give your character 68 facial blendshapes whether you export as CC3 Base, Game Base, or with Insta LOD—those facial morphs will remain and be unaffected by the reduced polycount of the character. The only problem is with LOD that prevents the teeth from being linked to the Mouth Open blendshapes (looks really bad when they open their mouths).
By yosofun - 5 Years Ago
Okay I am going to move this to the other iPhone X thread since the end result I would like is blend shapes.. If I don't need to preserve morphs from Daz and CC can export blend shapes, that's fine too (I assume that is what you are trying to explain in the other thread but not getting it to work yet...)