Blurry play back after render

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic417866.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By debbie harmon - 5 Years Ago
Hello, I am having issues with my video being blurry during play back.  I am rendering either in wmv or mp4.  Then I drop the video into my Vegas pro 15 time line.  The video is blurry in some spots during play back.  Any way to correct this?
By raxel_67 - 5 Years Ago
Is the video blurry when you open it directly in a media player? Or does this happen only in vegas? In the render settings are you using the highest quality? If i recall correctly the max value should be 8. This sounds stupid but are you using dof? Or the blur postfx?
Thank you for responding to my post.  I have the max value set at 8 mega pix.  I do not know what dof or postblur is. Yes it is only blurry when placed on the Vegas time line.  How can I correct this?  Thanks 
By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
What's the resolution of the video?
I was rendering at 24 fps and I upped it to 60fps and I see a major difference.  I'm using 1080 HD with best render solution checked in Vegas Pro 15.  What should I be rendering it at resolution wise?  Thanks
By sonic7 - 5 Years Ago

It's preferable to render at the same resolution that you used rendering out from iClone. So if you used 1080p (say 1920 x 1080), then use the same in Vegas. Also it's preferable to render out as png sequence which will give you better results. If you have to render out as wmv or mp4 it's more critical you match your frame rate, so whatever frame rate you used in iClone is best matched in Vegas. If you don't match them, and you've got *smart resample* switched on, then Vegas will created morphed frames in an attempt to target your *new* frame rate - and that can give a *blury look* because it's a compromise. So yeah - try to make iClone and Vegas frame rates the same - and maybe even switch *OFF* Smart Resample. (in project properties).