Get that Ball Rex!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic414720.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
This is a short (1:16) animation about an unfriendly robot and a strange flying ball. You can watch this VR360 video without headset but it will sound better
with headphone (ambisonic mix).

By rogyru - 5 Years Ago
Nice work with the robot and popcornFx. Try to put the video in the thread  , lots of people wont click on external links
By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
Thanks for the tip Rogyru. First time I post a video.      Smile
By nealtucker - 5 Years Ago
Nice job, I like the good use of the sound stage which is something I've been looking into for my project, it really adds an extra pro element rather than everything in stereo or just down the middle,
Cheers
Neal   
By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
Thanks Nealtucker. I also believe that Sound is a really important element in a production. 
By nealtucker - 5 Years Ago
Jfrog, what software did you use for the ambisonic mix? 
N.
By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
I use Pro-tools with a combo of "Dspatial Studio" and Audioease "360 pan suite" plugins.  But there is a free software solution from facebook called "Spatial Workstation". I haven't had success with it and there isn't any forum support, just facebook which is a turn off for me.  But I use the "Spatial workstation" encoder tool (bundeled with the Spatial worstation) when I need to encode the sound to the picture for different platforms.  You can also use both Audioease "360 pan suite" and "Spatial workstation" with Reaper which is a good alternative to pro-tools. 
By toystorylab - 5 Years Ago
Nice... Entertaining and well done Wink

By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
Thank you Toystorylab.   Your feedback is appreciated!

There is some drawbacks when working with 360 videos. Your 4k resolution is splited for the whole equirectangular picture, so basically  you end up watching 1/6 of the 4k total resolution (around 667 pixel resolution). I wish I could work and distribute in 8k to get at least a 720p resolution.   Smile
By mtakerkart - 5 Years Ago
Nicely done Jfrog!! It seems you use some particles ! Wink 
By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
It seems you use some particles

Yes, I actually did this video when the Iclone popcorn plugin was released. I never had time to post my videos so I figured now is a good time.     Smile

Thanks for your kind comment!