Iray won't render (message needed?) ......

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic414419.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By sonic7 - 5 Years Ago

Not 100% about this - maybe someone can confirm if it's an actual problem....
So here it is .....

● I attempt to do an *Iray render* (from within iClone) - but nothing happens - no splash screen - nothing. (even though the 'preview' WILL work)
● I try another scene - but again Iray refuses to start up. (though again the 'preview' WILL work)
● I restart iClone - but no - same
● I reboot - but no - still the same
● So install a Macrium Reflect C-drive Image of my system from a couple of weeks back - but again - same problem! (Crazy I thought!)
● OK - let's go back further (I'm SURE it should work the way my system was 1 month back) - so I install the Macrium of 1 month ago - but STILL no go.
At this point I realized it MUST be a 'setting' ------- and then it hit me ------ the *FOLDER* that Iray was pointing to (to render to) no longer existed on my D-drive .....

That's it !!! - simply having an invalid render path caused Iray to sit there *dead in the water* !!!
Now *if* this is not just me - but rather an actual reproducible issue, maybe a *message* could pop up saying "Invalid Save Path" or something similar?

Anyway - just thought I'd mention it so that others could perhaps verify this ...... Smile

Edit.
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Thank you for the feedback.

This has been confirmed a defect and will be fixed in a future update.