Frame rate and formats...

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic413124.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By brianlucas - 5 Years Ago
Hi
I downloaded the trial version before I decide to buy. I've found a couple of things that are kind of weird. First, I don't see a way to change the frame rate. The program seems to have only one frame rate: 30fps. I've also found that even though there's a flap for custom projects, it won't let you change the format. It looks like it's locked on HD and that's it. I have to say that the program has some features that I like, but as a pipeline for production I don't see it will work. I'm coming from Moho Pro and Toon Boom Harmony. If I'm mistaken and there's a way to change frame rate and format resolution, I' appreciate that someone here let me know how to do it.

Thanks
Brian
By barrysampson - 5 Years Ago
Hi Brian, 

If you're coming from Moho/Harmony you'll find things are very different with CTA...

You can set the format under Render > Render Image or Render Video. During the production phase it just changes the blue bounding box, so you can switch resolutions at any time. During production the frame rate is 30fps, but it can be changed for export on the same render settings - as long as you are exporting as an image sequence, AVI or popVideo. 

I've seen other threads here where people have had problems because they are bringing 24/25fps content into CTA. If you want to do all of the work in one tool, personally I think CTA is hard work compared to Moho, Harmony etc. If you're comping your assets in an external tool (e.g After Effects, which is what I do) then I think it's a breeze to use once you get used to it. 

Barry

By brianlucas - 5 Years Ago
Thanks so much, Barry.