Baltar's Pitch

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic413111.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By pedrosura - 5 Years Ago
Hello,

I am sharing here the first Scene of a movie I am working on. In this Scene, Baltar finds the main character, Gordon Blake at a bar in some unimportant desolate planet, and he pitches him the idea of leaving retirement to go hunt and kill an evil man, Kaiser Novae. Gordon Blake is a retired Bounty Hunter who has turned to gambling to spend the last days of his life. What Gordon doesn't know is that Baltar has a powerful secret motivation for Gordon to join his quest. It turns out that according to Baltar, Kaiser has enslaved a young girl Gordon had freed before while he was a Bounty Hunter. When Gordon finds this out, he is enraged and decides to join Baltar's group to go hunt and kill the man who has taken this girl as a slave. 

The idea behind this movie is to blend a Western movie  idea with Scifi and Fantasy elements to create an space adventure with a western theme. 
While working on this project I learned how difficult it is to have two characters talk to each other and make it "realistic" enough for the scene. 
This movie is going to be about 45-50 minutes. Obviously, a lot of work but a lot of fun. You almost have to be insane to try a project like this. 
Comments are always welcomed. If you think it is good or it sucks, express your opinions, we all have them. Can't promise I will do anything regarding feedback or suggestions because it is possible that I will disagree with them. But, its always great to hear them. 

Notes: format is 1920x800, I convert the movie to 24 frames per second. Talking characters have 3 point lighting separately on each one, the bar is from the "Cantina Bar' Star Wars "A New Hope" Episode IV, there are no LUTS applied but I apply my own set of color correction, brightness, contrast, etc... together on Sony Vegas, I have temp music but will be creating music for the release.First episode was created on Moviestorm and can be found here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Df64fQh8us
Foul language, nudity etc... Not for kids...

By ultimativity - 5 Years Ago
Great job. Love the tones you created. Also, how did you accomplish the scene where the main character recalls himself walking with the woman? Desaturate?

Nathan
Yeah, decolorize, de saturate..I think I also put some black and white... Thank you...
By HowardV - 5 Years Ago
Seriously good work Pedrosura - wasn't expecting to watch the whole 10mins but got suckied in. Some sood voice acting here and nice writing - Baltar is a compelling character. Good luck with the production - admirably ambitious. What are your plans for the film when it is finished?
By Skuzzlebutt - 5 Years Ago
good job
the lighting and pbr texturing need more cowbell
seems flat to me
just my opinion though

Thank u HowardV
I am really glad that you liked it, I was concerned about having a 10 minute scene with dialogue without people tuning out. I am almost relived that you said you were sucked in.
Also, I am not a a professional writer or actor, so its great that you liked it. I did the voices for this episode but for future episodes I will bring others onboard.

I have completed 45 minutes of the movie so far and I have about 5 more minutes to go. I have about 50% of the sound effects and about 30 % of the music.

But guess what, if people cant watch the first 10
minutes they won’t watch the next 10... so I am very happy u said that..
Thank you for the feedback..
Hey Kipster,
Thank you for the feedback.. how would you improve it? This will show me what you mean much better.?
By vlado - 5 Years Ago
Hy predosura, good work, and lyp sin. I love the PBR Colors.
Vlado,
Thx, cool you liked it
By Peter Blood - 5 Years Ago
Excellent. I really liked it. Gordon sounded like Woody Harrelson. 🙂

Cool pete
Hey Pete,
Thank you..I was trying to make a character with a voice similar to clint Easywood’s bur knowing that later I may make some flashbacks where Gordon is younger. Next time Ill try Woody and see if I get Clint.. lol
By toystorylab - 5 Years Ago
I seem to have missed this one...
Very nice! And great work with the voices...
By 3dtester - 5 Years Ago
Very special video. The long dialogues made me want to quit, though.
I liked the memorial overlay. Was hoping for more of them.
Sorry, just my thoughts. It is very well done, pretty persuasive.
But a bit difficult to watch, especially if english is not your native language.

Thank you for your comments. I don’t like doing dialogue because its really hard and people could get bored watching. The movie will be about 45 min long and without this part it would be hard to
Understand the character and his motivation.
But I value all comments, thank you for watching
By charly Rama - 5 Years Ago
good work here , congrats