Render turns my kids into the Crypt Keeper!!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic412705.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By SpaceCore - 5 Years Ago
I have zero idea what is going on here. This glitch does not show up in the preview window, only in the final render. Any ideas on what could be going on? I removed all expressions from the face, tried it with a different character and tried it in a different scene. Same result.

Oddly enough, it does not happen on the kids with their CC2 bodies, only the adjusted CC3 kids. Is there anything I can do outside of returning to the CC2 bodies? As the bent elbows on CC2 looks pretty ghastly too. I will try to take mesh smoothing off the CC3 kids and update with those results. As I am hoping it is simply a glitch in the Mesh smoothing process and not a glitch with CC3 and the child morphs. 

https://youtu.be/uaVNpicxzEU

After a full battery of testing, I have realized it is the mesh smoother for CC3. Converting CC2 to CC3 and leaving it that way gives me no issue. If I smooth the mesh with subdivision or tessellation, it does that to the face during the render for some reason. So that is my work around, if anyone else runs into this weird "Momo Glitch"
By mark - 5 Years Ago
That is so weird. Just curious if it happens with "Depth of Field" turned off?
That is a great question!!!  I have noticed that DOF can create some .... strange .... anomalies from time to time, but did not think about a character mesh deformation being a possibility. I will see if I can go back to test it this weekend and let you know. 
Definitely nothing to do with DOF!!!  HAHAHAHAHA... I tried it on a different character in a different scene and cant wrap my head around what could be going on. The mesh smoother did not provide too huge of a difference for my needs. At least the base of CC3 does not have this problem, because they are SO MUCH BETTER than CC2 at the joints and elbows.