create clothes from obj files

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic409547.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By evidanse - 5 Years Ago
Hi there !
I can not create clothes directly from obj files as I did before with CC3 !
the first suggested way is to make it from fbx files, as in CC2 !!!
I can create from accessory but the result is not so good !

Can you help ?

Thxhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4361029f-cd64-4fd0-aa7d-ee02.jpg
By Postfrosch - 5 Years Ago
You have to use "Accessory" now
to import clothing for the CC 3 from * .obj.

Greets Postfrosch
By emanicus - 5 Years Ago
I am confused... I just saw couple of video training from Reallusion showing importing OBJ files into CC3 from "create cloth" option in menu... is that feature gone now? Why? When?
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Since version 3.04 you now have to use Create > Accessory and not Create > Cloth, Hair, Acc.

However, the process is exactly the same as before and nothing has changed apart from how you access it.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/23/2019)
Since version 3.04 you now have to use Create > Accessory and not Create > Cloth, Hair, Acc.

However, the process is exactly the same as before and nothing has changed apart from how you access it.

It has been a somewhat unfortunate decision to call it Create > Accessory...Unsure

This question has been asked before and will continue to be asked. Of course, we will be happy to respond, but renaming the option would even be better..Tongue

Adding to the confusion is that Kai in recent webinars/tutorials was still on CC 3.03, which has the previous option naming on the Create menu.
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
animagic (4/23/2019)
Peter (RL) (4/23/2019)

It has been a somewhat unfortunate decision to call it Create > Accessory...Unsure

This question has been asked before and will continue to be asked. Of course, we will be happy to respond, but renaming the option would even be better..Tongue

Adding to the confusion is that Kai in recent webinars/tutorials was still on CC 3.03, which has the previous option naming on the Create menu.

Thanks for the feedback.

Agreed this is causing a little more confusion than expected. We will be looking at ways to make the process clearer going forward.