Does iRay render Substances?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic404672.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By gordryd - 5 Years Ago
I rendered a scene using iRay (using both Interactive and Photoreal modes).  Most things looked OK, but props that were textured w/Substances were blank in the renders.  Does iRay work w/Substances?  I've done all the GPU memory conservation tricks -- maybe minimizing the textures affects Substance?  I didn't have a lot of time to experiment...
By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
I wonder if you need to "Bake" the substances.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
The Minimal view interferes with Substances, so for Preview rendering you will indeed need to bake the Substances for them to render correctly.

For the "iClone" and "Export" render options it is different, as iClone will temporarily increase the resolution and the Substances will render correctly.
By digitallywired - 5 Years Ago
I am disappointed with the number of issues there are with the iRay plug-in and iClone. I have given up on using it for now.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
digitallywired (3/19/2019)
I am disappointed with the number of issues there are with the iRay plug-in and iClone. I have given up on using it for now.

Well, I'm using it just fine. There are workarounds and you can either wait for perfection, which may never come as with most software, or just work with what's available. Your choice...Wink