Kill the hub

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic404583.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By raxel_67 - 5 Years Ago
You tried and you failed. Time to call it quits
By wires - 5 Years Ago
As one of the many "Hub haters" here +1. Smile
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Sorry to disappoint but there are no plans to "Kill the Hub". It will continue to evolve and remain the recommended way to download all your Reallusion software and eventually your content too.
By illusionLAB - 5 Years Ago
In that case... FIX the HUB
By raxel_67 - 5 Years Ago
Ok, officially im done with RL and their crap
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
illusionLAB (2/12/2019)
In that case... FIX the HUB

The Hub is working fine for me but if you are encountering problems, please contact Technical Support. The more feedback we get about issues users are having the quicker we can resolve them. Smile

Thanks.

By dante1st - 5 Years Ago
So far I guess I've been in the minority - I haven't had any issues with the Hub, and actually like having a centralized place to download everything.

Until it doesn't work (crossing fingers)
By BlueyCreative - 5 Years Ago
So far so good, never had any issues with the hub and i like the fact that I can download software with a click of a button. Be great when all content is controlled from there also so i don't have to sift through mountains of pages to find older items i purchased.
Smile BigGrin
By The-any-Key - 5 Years Ago
Never had any issue with the HUB.
Install trials, no prob. Uninstall, no prob. Update, no prob. Go from trial to buy and re-install, sure a restart of the HUB was needed to update to get the bought product (But I hardly call a restart of an app like an issue so, no prob)

I do agree with those who thinks you should be able to download previous version of iClone, CC... as updates can come with a surprise bug that can stop a company from continue developing. This can ruin the trust of the product and also frighten people from updating.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
The HUB might be a nice idea, but one area where it fails is that if you have multiple systems to update you need to download separately for each system.

I moved to a rural area last year and internet is really slow. Fortunately, I can still download software and most patches directly and have to do that only once. 
By 3dtester - 5 Years Ago
I have to mention that in the last months, the HUB seemed to get way better.
It did a good job keeping the RL software up-to-date for me recently.

If it would be possible to integrate the content installs, that would be nice.
But - if i think about the DAZ install manager, RL has to do a lot of work to reach that level...