iClone 7 - 2019 Roadmap

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic403268.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Tony (RL) - 5 Years Ago
iClone 7 Roadmap for 2019

For 2019, Reallusion will refocus more iClone team members toward the development of iClone 8.  In the process, iClone 7 will still see the release of many exciting new features.  For the year ahead, you can look forward to the following activities:
  • More effort will be spent on supporting developers who wish to work with the iClone Python API in a push to extend iClone's native functionalities.
  • Besides adding new professional mocap profiles, popular consumer level mocap devices will also be supported by Motion LIVE 2.0 including Kinect and SteamVR.
  • We will advance our efforts for streamlined game engine pipelines; Especially with the inclusion of Unreal Live Link which allows the Unreal Engine to render live motion from iClone.

Open iClone Ecosystem with New Python APIs and Plugin Marketplace

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e68aaaf8-79cf-4492-936b-2723.jpg

iClone 7 is evolving into an OPEN program with robust extensibility.  Case in point is the Motion LIVE mocap plugin built with the iClone 7 API which is a prime example of external technological integration with iClone.  Creative developers can now easily augment animation tools and add custom devices to iClone with Python scripting. More>

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c38849ab-d98a-48ab-8aee-84ef.jpg

The first version of iClone’s Python API was launched at the end of 2018 and in just one month, we’ve already seen some impressive plugins made by developers.
Check out some interesting samples:

To better support plugin developers, both Plugin Developer Center and the Plugin Marketplace will be ready for developers to upload, share, and even sell their plugins.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f1adb10e-661a-4f43-9b0c-6908.jpg

Additionally, more Python APIs will be released for each quarter, such as particle control, render parameters, physics interaction, data in/out and mesh edit. Along with the new APIs releases, more creative applications of the plugins will be made possible.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/696ef4c1-5b73-4ed2-b510-1f2c.jpg

Moreover, to encourage more outstanding developers to join the iClone OPEN ecosystem, a Plugin Design Contest will be held in 2019. Reallusion will provide a highly competitive reward for the developers who can build the most creative yet practical plug-ins.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5510ee2c-9cdf-43aa-b92f-cb0a.jpg

Motion LIVE 2.0 with IK Driven Mocap and Animation Trigger

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6814d2cf-6f91-4e37-ba72-cecc.jpg

The IK Driven design allows a relatively simple Mocap device, such as Leap Motion, Kinect or SteamVR (VIVE, Oculus hand controllers)  to naturally drive a character’s arms and upper body movements. It can effectively facilitate applications like virtual host, live broadcast, as well as fast animation production.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf15bdf-38e9-42f5-a0d8-c35f.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4404d9d7-585b-4fb3-a035-c1f3.jpg

Stream iClone Animation to Unreal by LIVE LINK

In 2019, real-time connection between iClone and Unreal will become a reality. Via Live Link, iClone will be able to synchronize character motions directly to Unreal for unmatched real-time render quality and cut out the tedious task of manual importing.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6551a202-3537-4003-8d57-580a.jpg

Film Level Facial Animation, Facial Hair, and Face Creation Plugin

Besides the functions mentioned above, 3D characters will be greatly enhanced with muscle detail and animation realism. We will also include facial hair, facial morph with wrinkles, as well as Joint Controlled Morphs (JCM) in iClone. The highly anticipated Photo-to-3D Face Plugin will be part of the plan in 2019. 

Please also check out Character Creator 2019 Roadmap.

Looks to be another exciting year for all of us!

Please stay tuned for more to come! Smile
By mtakerkart - 5 Years Ago
First!!!   

WOOOOW!!!!! Very impressive!!!! The particle effect part is very intriguing.... If you can explain what it is BigGrin

Bravo !!
By The-any-Key - 5 Years Ago
Many great things here. As a game developer everything looks very promising.

The VR steam looks very nice if it works well. 

"Live Link" sounds like my next plugin "move with Unity"
But mine is for Unity and only allow record animations from Unity to iClone :-)
By RobertoColombo - 5 Years Ago
Great!

IMO Python API for "Mesh Edit" is a game-changer, if I correctly interpret it as the possibility to transform mesh vertex and faces.
It opens a huge amount of possibilities.

Cheers

Roberto
By drbernie - 5 Years Ago
Very impressive. Reallusion is a company with vision.

@ Tony (RL): Can you please be more specific about Physics and Human IK?

By SeanMac - 5 Years Ago
Good to hear about the link to Unreal - I hope your Roadmap will not be attacked by the Unrealistic.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
Great, but...

What I'm missing is plans for further development of the Iray plugin, which has had a good start, but is far from done. I would like it to be kept up with any new developments in Iray, other than with Indigo, which was sort of left languishing at Indigo 3.x.

Also, will Open iClone invite development of access to other render engines? It's good to see the interfacing to game engines, but don't forget the filmmakers...Unsure I know some on the forum don't see the need for it, but I would like ALL user scenarios to be considered.

EDIT: Also, don't forget improving the native renderer...Rolleyes
By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
animagic (2/1/2019)
What I'm missing is plans for further development of the Iray plugin, which has had a good start, but is far from done. I would like it to be kept up with any new developments in Iray, other than with Indigo, which was sort of left languishing at Indigo 3.x.

It's good to see the interfacing to game engines, but don't forget the filmmakers.

+1 and +1 and +1

In the CC3 Roadmap, I added "Sub-surface Scattering (SSS)" as an important feature.

Several "game engines" support some form of SSS, and that should be added to CC3 and the iClone Native Renderer.

Reallusion must continue to care for their native renderer...  Performance improvements... quality improvements... feature enhancements... (Nvidia Hair Works, anyone?)
By Postfrosch - 5 Years Ago
I'm afraid that everything that has nothing to do with "games" and "gamebases" will be forgotten.
Who is interested in RL even the few oldies who want to make films as before?
The Gamers are the future and bring the money for RL

Greets Postfrosch
By akuei2 - 5 Years Ago
Erm  ... road map. I'm in doubt!

By akuei2 - 5 Years Ago
animagic (2/1/2019)
Great, but...

Also, will Open iClone invite development of access to other render engines? It's good to see the interfacing to game engines, but don't forget the filmmakers...Unsure I know some on the forum don't see the need for it, but I would like ALL user scenarios to be considered.

Iray & Indigo are good brother(you know my meanSatisfiedRolleyes
By akuei2 - 5 Years Ago
The 2019 road map look weak .. However, open python is good start.

By Dr. Nemesis - 5 Years Ago
Some of the things I was asking for last year:

Python scripting
Wrinkle maps
Unreal Live Link

The current Python implementation is a good start but I’m looking forward to the coming extended functionality.
Wrinkle maps will be great if I keep the renders in Iclone but if not, Live Link is what I hoped would facilitate my move to Unreal as a render engine.

Thanks, Reallusion, for what I’m hoping will be a great year.

By wildstar - 5 Years Ago
justaviking (2/1/2019)
animagic (2/1/2019)

It's good to see the interfacing to game engines, but don't forget the filmmakers.

+1 and +1 and +1

In the CC3 Roadmap, I added "Sub-surface Scattering (SSS)" as an important feature.

Several "game engines" support some form of SSS, and that should be added to CC3 and the iClone Native Renderer.

Reallusion must continue to care for their native renderer...  Performance improvements... quality improvements... feature enhancements... (Nvidia Hair Works, anyone?)

i am a bit dissapointed with roadmap. but important to ppl from comunity undestand. SSS in game engines are a trick with shader programing.  you can see a lot of examples on unreal, unity and toolbag 3 renders. its was what i was talking about on my post. a great need of iclone is get a powerfull shade upgrade, ppl do that with shader programing and selling it on asset store on unity like this one i using on unity ( unity have poor PBR shaders by default like iclone ) just its must be a iclone feature not cc feature , if reallusion put a transmissive slot folowing the substance pbr standard. will be nice so we can create our SSS. i repeat is all about telling stories and stories need nice characters we need close characters and see it dont look like ceramic dools and iray for sure is not a option

the same goes to dinamic hairs, its all about shaders . shaders are a important core in realtime enviroment.. 
i used this asset on my matrix animation ... 
this scrip get the objects and transform it on shader is a amazing trick , and fast, i can see the simulations at full 60 fps on viewport with lot of screen space effects on post processing stack
By Faktengag - 5 Years Ago
Hi, nice to read "Kinect" again after a long time.
I like to read more about it, more news please.

Thanks Fred
By thedirector1974 - 5 Years Ago
The roadmap looks impressiv, but for me, as an film maker, there is nothing much to looking forward to. I am a creative person. I write stories, I direct movies, I edit movie for living and I am certainly not a technical geek. So everything with game developement and phyton scripting is way beyond my scale. I am here to use the techniques to make good movies. And I am not alone, I think. So for all those people, who basicially using iClone as a tool to make films, this roadmap may be a kind of disappointment.
What thrills me is the "shared link" to the Unreal engine. I understand this in that way, that I can transfere my scens to Unreal and render with there engine power? If that works, I am happy to use that. On the other hand I suppose we won't see any improvement with the internal renderer anymore ...

It's two sided medal here ...

Direx
By Rampa - 5 Years Ago
These are major landmarks. We will certainly see many smaller improvements aln the way. For instance; go check out how much faster you can render from iClone now using the fullscreen option. Study the image carefully as well, even in Preview mode.
By Rottadamic - 5 Years Ago
thedirector1974 (2/1/2019)
What thrills me is the "shared link" to the Unreal engine. I understand this in that way, that I can transfere my scens to Unreal and render with there engine power? If that works, I am happy to use that. On the other hand I suppose we won't see any improvement with the internal renderer anymore ...

I am also wondering about this.
Can Rl explane what/how this works?
By TonyDPrime - 5 Years Ago
Last year's roadmap was more in my interest zone, but I am but one user here.  I know many have wished for Python, so this year will be their year.
I know that there will be many interesting things to come from Python implementations mentioned here, I hope it will be enjoyed by the community.

The live link thing to Unreal sounds interesting, I've seen the Maya to Unreal link videos and I was always like, "why the F does Maya have that and not iClone?!...."
Well, now we will!

I can't really get too caught up in wishing for any major realtime visual enhancements because I know that will come with iC8 in 2020!
By sonic7 - 5 Years Ago

@Faktengag >>> " .... Hi, nice to read "Kinect" again after a long time .... " <<<
Yes, totally agree! Low budget indie film makers look like getting a new lease on life from their Kinect hardware! That, along with iRay, will offer amazing possibilities for their film's final 'look'. Such film makers will be able to do pretty much everything with ● iClone, ● an editor/compositor ● their imagination. This is really, really great! ... Well done Reallusion!

By AutoDidact - 5 Years Ago
The focus on the game engine side of things is understandable
considering:
The live link to Unreal will be awesome for filmaking
Bravo Reallusion!!!.
By eternityblue - 5 Years Ago
i REALLY hope the 'mesh edit' means Alembic import becomes possible. 
oes the unreal link works?
drbernie (2/1/2019)
Very impressive. Reallusion is a company with vision.

@ Tony (RL): Can you please be more specific about Physics and Human IK?

Hi drbernie,

Human IK - we will allow you controlling all the parameters in the Edit Motion Layer, such as IK effector and reach target.

Physics - similar to Human IK, all the physics parameters can be controlled.

mtakerkart (2/1/2019)
First!!!   

WOOOOW!!!!! Very impressive!!!! The particle effect part is very intriguing.... If you can explain what it is BigGrin

Bravo !!

Hi mtakerkart,

Particle effect API means you can control parameters for both iClone particle and PopCorn particle, such as spread, velocity, etc.

animagic (2/1/2019)
Great, but...

Hi animagic,

We'll launch Iray v1.11 next month, but so far don't have other update plans of Iray plugin in 2019.

Render API means we will expose all the Render parameters in the iClone, such as render size, export range, etc.

justaviking (2/1/2019)

Hi justaviking,

We have a plan to increase character related visual quality, like skin, eye, and hair, but NV Hair Works won't be included in this year.
thedirector1974 (2/1/2019)

Hi thedirector1974,

Based on our internal tests so far, we can stream iClone's character animation data into Unreal Engine, but streaming other kinds of data still need be examined further.
Particle effect API means you can control parameters for both iClone particle and PopCorn particle, such as spread, velocity, etc.

Thank you soooo much Tony . Can't wait !!
eternityblue (2/15/2019)

Hi eternityblue,

We already have the alembic API but it's an experimental function now, meaning its usage might be changed in the future.
ow, I see my question lost a part, so here again;
how does the unreal link works?
and do you need the export version of iclone to use this?
By eternityblue - 5 Years Ago
Oh please please please get this done soon. It would be great to be able adjust the colors on video channels like we can image textures too, that would be really helpful for Alembic.
Tony (RL) (2/20/2019)
eternityblue (2/15/2019)

Hi eternityblue,

We already have the alembic API but it's an experimental function now, meaning its usage might be changed in the future.

By charly Rama - 5 Years Ago
Hello everyone,

Really sorry if I missed something but MOCHA is not at your plan anymore?

Edit : I saw the answer, no more, what a pity. 
how does the unreal link works?
and do you need the export version of iclone to use this?

It seems to be in early testing according to Tony(RL)
 so I doubt RL will talk much about
its specifics until it is more finalized.

Here is an example of the  Autodesk Maya Live link to Unreal being
demonstrated by Epic games

Thanks, Now I know what it is
That Live-Link thing looks very cool, did you notice the out-of-sync frame rate for the transferred animation and the rag-doll physics going on, I wonder if it will 'import' a motion verbatim, framerate and all, or if it will try to incorporate the motion in at whatever framerate there is going on. 
Or, maybe the choppiness of the avatar with the weapon was due to the data streaming from another outside source.

At any rate you can see that users of a Live link to unreal will not be insulated
from having to learn into use the Unreal engine interface & tools.

Which means leaving the comfort bubble of Iclone.

Just as those of us exporting to external programs had to learn how to use 
our  external applications.
By Dan Miller - 5 Years Ago
Postfrosch (2/1/2019)
I'm afraid that everything that has nothing to do with "games" and "gamebases" will be forgotten.

Greets Postfrosch

I’m focusing on film but doing it with a game engine. Film makers would benefit from Unity’s Cinemachine.
By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
danmiller (4/29/2019)
Postfrosch (2/1/2019)

Greets Postfrosch

I’m focusing on film but doing it with a game engine. Film makers would benefit from Unity’s Cinemachine.

If all the complaints here about getting stuff from both CC3 and iClone into Unity are to be taken seriously, thanks but no thanks.  Unless we have a TRANSPARENT solution (i.e. export from iClone the entire scene and it will render in Unity) then a whole lot of us will remain forever in iClone's universe (and thus hope RL doesn't forget about folks who aren't interested in game engines).

I’m focusing on film but doing it with a game engine. Film makers would benefit from Unity’s Cinemachine

I'm very curious and would like to know your workflow. I tried both unity and UDK only for particles. I don't know wich kind of movie you make but
mine are with lot of particles more than 4 characters talking with action moves, etc....
My conclusion : because I must to learn UDK or Unity from scratch and because both of them are not build for movie production (try to make dynamic water reacting
with object or animating particles behavior inside sequencer)
It's impossible to produce for a one man band with descent delay.
I'm going back to Iclone and try to find a way for having variable velocity thrue life and Velocity inherit.
For the camera moves in Iclone have a look of this new plugin :

Nothing more for my need. 
By Dan Miller - 5 Years Ago
mtakerkart (4/29/2019)
I’m focusing on film but doing it with a game engine. Film makers would benefit from Unity’s Cinemachine

I'm very curious and would like to know your workflow. I tried both unity and UDK only for particles. I don't know wich kind of movie you make but
mine are with lot of particles more than 4 characters talking with action moves, etc....
My conclusion : because I must to learn UDK or Unity from scratch and because both of them are not build for movie production (try to make dynamic water reacting
with object or animating particles behavior inside sequencer)
It's impossible to produce for a one man band with descent delay.
I'm going back to Iclone and try to find a way for having variable velocity thrue life and Velocity inherit.
For the camera moves in Iclone have a look of this new plugin :

Nothing more for my need. 

This is all new to me, including movie making. It sounds like you have already been down this road and found it to be a dead end. I have yet to discover that. As for my workflow, still trying to figure that out. My pipeline is CC3 - iClone 7 - Unity - DaVinci Resolve 15.
Maybe we need to start an iClone filmmakers support group...Tongue

The convenience of staying within iClone cannot be overstated, at least for the way I work (lots of trial and error...Unsure ). 

What I have changed for my last movie is rendering at 24 FPS (following some of discussions here). I also render without effects (including things like camera shaking, LUT, blur) and delegate that to Vegas.
RL -  
ONE thing that will blast iClone easily up the next level...either:

1a) Take that water plugin"icWater.dll" and expand that into a material-type somehow, giving us realtime reflections...The tech already is built into iClone for surface-to-surface reflections;
or
1b) work the realtime RTX/DXR reflection ability into the realtime renderer.

By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
I agree with doing both of these (don't settle for one or the other).
By sonic7 - 5 Years Ago

......... Maybe we need to start an iClone filmmakers support group...Tongue ........
@JOB !!!! How could I have missed this !!!  lol ....... Smile

(Actually, it seems we have a lot on common - I too am a 'Vegas' person [for better or for worse], I guess it's just a workflow I'm *used to*)
You're further along than myself.

A *recent* and refreshing 'resurrection' of VUE software made me realize the incredible *similarities* between iClone and VUE........
I've always been impressed with E-on VUE's take on 'water' ......
RL - Looking at Octane, Unreal, and Toolbag, versus iClone....
Let me simplify how to make material workflow awesome for iClone 8

(1) SSS emulation
(2) Fresnel/Falloff emulation
(3) Specular channel for PBR Metallic material  -keep Specular functioning so that Metallic+Roughness's specular-shine can be increased/decreased, per an independent Specular texture map if desired
(4) Optional Independent Displacement (so that it need not be linked to bump, and can be used together with an independent bump input)
(5) Channel sub-channels - Give each Material channel option for sub channels (ie allow for 2 Blend texture inputs as part of a 'Master Blend', ie allow for 2 Bump sub-channels, say for combo of a 2 Bumps, or Bump+Normal texture) 

Keep same menu style, add more independent texture input channels and sub-channel option for each.  Maybe go Node-based workflow, but not necessary.
(PS - Substance Power Tools does NOT allow you to do any of these things in iClone, natively)
If RL continues with Iclone don't care for me for a new render BUT
-Access to the Plant and trees for custom vegetation
-Better terrain creation
-LOD for object, character (unavoidable for better realtime performance)
-Update Particles for velocity (turbulences,inherit velocity)
I've railed against UE4 as of late because of the hair thing...
AND the fact that the 'good' character renders you see are high quality busts, not in game characters...
because all the in game characters are pretty weak compared to the demos of Super-Mesh-Polygon-Haired Siren people will show as somehow the benchmark of what Unreal can do.  

But let me rail against Marmoset Toolbag....
IT DOESN'T HAVE A NORMAL/BUMP MAP INTENSITY SLIDER.
Can you imagine importing in a model, going to adjust the Normal map intensity, and learning you have to do that in Substance Painter???!!!!! 
What in the name of 3D is going on with these apps these days!
In my day you just adjusted the slider for the Normal map strenth....Like in iClone....
or Octane
Or UE4
Or Unity
Or Blender
Or 3DS Max
Or Maya
Or C4D

But no....Marmoset is special...NO NORMAL MAP SLIDERS.

PS - This is Blender Level stuff right here...to omit a Normal Map strength slider.  Don't anyway DARE defend this. 
By mrbrush - 5 Years Ago
I agree. There are a lot of improvements to be made with the basics and general usage. Reflections for one. There is a long list.
In the past 2 weeks-
24 tutorial videos on CTA4.
That is a pretty solid info base for the CTA user base to work from.

And by this random logic, we will also see 24 improvements to iClone visuals!
Great news everyone !!!
By imaginationseven7 - 5 Years Ago
The Roadmap is looking great I been watching Reallusion for the last ten years and it getting better every year I finally purchase iClone 7 Animation Pipeline for video game development maybe 2 years ago and before I was spending anywhere from $800 - $1000 for a model with texture rig and animation now for the last two years maybe $250 for each model or less plus i can add my own unique animation without having to pay artist huge money life saver for a independent developer.

I been watching CC3 and its looking amazing I'm ready to upgrade but I want to get   iClone 8 Animation Pipeline with  iClone 8  3DXchange 8 Pipeline Character Creator 3.
My wish-list for the next reiteration of iclone would be to focus on a cinematic exporter to make a easy transition from iclone to unity for cut scene in game or even build converter the builds the controls in iclone and ports to unity like invector https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/invector-stealth-kill-add-on-135495

The main issue I been having with game development is cloth physics on unity3d i purchase GPU cloth tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhyvihy3_Xw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHN9PtEc8JI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SF9eVcVDgA
this asset depreciated so it not sold on asset store anymore plus its doesn't work in 2018 or 2019 but the hair tool still works
Then I purchase OBI cloth physics it great tool it just not working with my iclone or daz3d G8 model but still doing test 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffuH_3DS0Is&t=24s

The last test I been running are the alembic exporter to unity3d still no luck I know it work with Marvelous designer so with a little tweaking to the plugin it may port perfectly like  Marvelous designer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdWa9cFHBcc&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXA3S2RrJs

My wish list would be to work on a cinematic exporter for unity3d and some type of physics exporter if that alembic or your physics bakes the mesh and gives it a blendshape that give simulation that it has a cloth physics and exports out fbx..

thanks for your time excited to see what new feature Iclone 8 brings to the table 

IRAY map baking...
With an auto apply process...
PLEEEEEEEEEASE

Would be AWESOME. 
We need this very badly. 
Right now iClone backgrounds SSUUUUUUUU..........FFER....

THX!

By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Please do remember to also post all your feature requests in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant departmental teams and you may get feedback from the team there. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions getting priority.

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

Thank you. 
By jodelles.com - 5 Years Ago
im anxious to have someone develop 3d camera … meaning using VR to help record angles and shots in iclone and not just  see how they look after rendering into an output 360 video.  
I see that blog image shows that Unreal LiveLink will have cam and lighting linkage?....that is pretty cool!

Blog Unreal Live Link

By Bassline303 - 5 Years Ago
TonyDPrime (7/7/2019)
I see that blog image shows that Unreal LiveLink will have cam and lighting linkage?....that is pretty cool!

Blog Unreal Live Link

Yeahhhh , SuperCool  :-)
imaginationseven7 (6/8/2019)
The Roadmap is looking great I been watching Reallusion for the last ten years and it getting better every year I finally purchase iClone 7 Animation Pipeline for video game development maybe 2 years ago and before I was spending anywhere from $800 - $1000 for a model with texture rig and animation now for the last two years maybe $250 for each model or less plus i can add my own unique animation without having to pay artist huge money life saver for a independent developer.

I been watching CC3 and its looking amazing I'm ready to upgrade but I want to get   iClone 8 Animation Pipeline with  iClone 8  3DXchange 8 Pipeline Character Creator 3.
My wish-list for the next reiteration of iclone would be to focus on a cinematic exporter to make a easy transition from iclone to unity for cut scene in game or even build converter the builds the controls in iclone and ports to unity like invector https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/invector-stealth-kill-add-on-135495

The main issue I been having with game development is cloth physics on unity3d i purchase GPU cloth tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhyvihy3_Xw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHN9PtEc8JI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SF9eVcVDgA
this asset depreciated so it not sold on asset store anymore plus its doesn't work in 2018 or 2019 but the hair tool still works
Then I purchase OBI cloth physics it great tool it just not working with my iclone or daz3d G8 model but still doing test 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffuH_3DS0Is&t=24s

The last test I been running are the alembic exporter to unity3d still no luck I know it work with Marvelous designer so with a little tweaking to the plugin it may port perfectly like  Marvelous designer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdWa9cFHBcc&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXA3S2RrJs

My wish list would be to work on a cinematic exporter for unity3d and some type of physics exporter if that alembic or your physics bakes the mesh and gives it a blendshape that give simulation that it has a cloth physics and exports out fbx..

thanks for your time excited to see what new feature Iclone 8 brings to the table 

You can use unity cloth physics with iclone characters just convert the metric system from cm to metter inside unity. Iclone use cm when export from iclone( on 3dxchange you can chose the metric system ) import iclone characters in unity in cm make impossible to work with native unity cloth
By robmbaker - 5 Years Ago
I would strongly advise the development team to be very cautious "opening" iclone to 3rd party developers to be able to add plugins by the truckloads - This IS a double edge sword ;;; it can provide progress and certainly bring great tools on one end
On the contrary fragment the program and add a million more variables to a creative field that has a million tricky variable to begin with
- Compare unity to unreal
No comparison. (in my opinion)
To developers who dont live and breath code and who aren't brilliant scientists; good problem shooting - Unity can be an absolute nightmare of never ending conflicts. Compile errors among countless other issues that never cease to ruin your creative flow. Unreal works. The dev team at unreal has, it seems evident, have leveraged the progress and pace of the development of the engine very carefully, spending as much of their focus trying to prevent overly ambitious growth from ending up fragmenting the platform and leaving it a never ending bug hunt. Unity has just as many issues with a gazillion 3rd party assets, plugins - whatever you can imagine - that are - for instance, no longer supported - but still available inspiring devs who are learning the ropes, to buy - waste money on ; plugins and assets that will create nightmare problems with their projects. Unity devs just cant keep up with the wake of fragmented versions of their platform and many many of the components that range from being useful to useless to - will crash your project. And now instead of trying to make their platform more solid they are pushing forward and releasing even more versions of their software and even more options - ie now how many render pipelines? why we just need one that works without issues and bugs and incompatibility issues
Iclone7 so far has seemed to be very intuitive and solid - please keep it that way. It just seems that its much better for the platform to have its limitations vs have 7 trillion variables that leave inspired devs googling all day to find a fix to some tricky variable thats stopped the creative flow in its tracks.
By robmbaker - 5 Years Ago
As from what Ive learned going back and forth between cc iclone 3dxchange Unreal Unity and Daz - and Hitfilm  (yes Im a little overwhelmed lol)
Id really like to see a 100% dependable import export system from iclone [to unreal] for starts
3dx is limited to 2 gigs - which means you cant import larger environments - pls beef up 3dxchange to be able to handle bigger files that would be great
CC setup is great for importing to Unreal directly from cc
The Unreal live link looks amazing but $700??? - that's outrageously over priced in my opinion when traditional import export methods have always sufficed and considering its essentially only an extension of iclone - that we already paid for
But sending models and animations from iclone to 3dx to unreal seems to only work consistently when you're exporting characters that came from iclone or cc; seems characters that came from wherever else then thru 3dxchange to get to iclone - that you want to eventually send to unreal - seem to have a variety of surprise problems on unreal import
I cant be certain because the support and tutorials seem fragmented between the old versions of iclone/3dx/cc vs new methods vs numerous way to import export - need a current roadmap
I love iclone Tho - The great thing about it is clearly that it streamlines character creation and animation process and makes it FUN! - but then seems to choke up on various import export issues and then youre stuck trying to get things to work for hours if not days...
Please give us a 100% dependable solution to avoiding all the compatibility-import/export issues without having to spend another $700 Please
I am looking at the live link - but I think what we need is less variables - not more - every huge leap forward usually is just another can of worms introducing another million variables for us to have to sort through - for instance the live link looks great until you get to the part where you want to export video (HINT) idk but could that stage be any more cumbersome and confusing lol? How about you guys code in a record button so that we can just hit record - and it just records? 
Personally Id rather spend say $500 on just quick tech support vs $700 on live link - if it were available ........just to avoid the never ending variable and get progress back underway quickly  - instead searching the web for days to try to get thru the variables or instead of "expanding" on my platform - likely just leading to even more variables that'll slow me down even more
RL - give us an iPhone/iPad controlled camera...
With look-at feature....!
OMG - this would be glorious

Unreal has one, but it is very wonky and can't directly interact with the scene....
But in iClone!  you could have look-at....
Would be AMAZING! 
TonyDPrime (8/26/2019)

Unreal has one, but it is very wonky and can't directly interact with the scene....
Would be AMAZING! 

Only if it's also released for Android. Otherwise I don't want them to waste time...Tongue
animagic (8/26/2019)
TonyDPrime (8/26/2019)

Would be AMAZING! 

Only if it's also released for Android. Otherwise I don't want them to waste time...Tongue

RL - Yes, make it Android too if possible!!!  Unreal can only do with iOS. 
But it can be many of the old ipads, so get a `$100 one on Ebay in meantime!
RL - with an iOS device-controlled camera, you guys could really perfect what Unreal has introduced.
Unreal's is missing several things, if ever considered for implementation, please add:

1) an ability to rotate with a right-thumb control, as an augment to only rotating by moving yourself in geo-space  
2) a pinch-zoom camera-zoom - they already have a navigational Left-controller that let's you 'move' the camera itself forward, but it does not emulate, say, if you were recording video with a phone and 2-finger pinch-zooming in on a target
3) an ability to let the phone app record your audio...this live vocal could so enhance the playback

This combined with iClone's look at....OMG....would bring the whole thing to life.  
PLUS - you would have all of iClone's camera and camera-timeline tweakabilities...

Here is Unreal's,

but imagine if I was talking behind it narrating what I was seeing, live, and imagine I could pinch zoom in on things also. 
And then! imagine I could combine it with traditional iClonic camera movement, in a plotted-sense, after the fact, where I could simulate a walk throughout the whole environment. 
Because in the case of Unreal's, you're really stuck with the live-take as far as movement goes.  Meaning you have to re-do if you flub something. 
And yes you could audio dub over it, but to have the ability to capture a live spontaneity would be awesome.

It's not that Unreal's is bad, no....it's very good....
But I know iClone has so much to offer this paradigm!.....
I want to be sedated until you release it!....

In iClone you could stitch together multiple points of view easily too.....
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU%$%$%$%$%$%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME WANT!
@Tony: What this could also do is bring back Director mode in a new way, something that has been requested occasionally. Machinima, here I come! w00t
animagic (8/26/2019)
TonyDPrime (8/26/2019)

Would be AMAZING! 

Agreed.

animagic (8/27/2019)
@Tony: What this could also do is bring back Director mode in a new way, something that has been requested occasionally. Machinima, here I come! w00t

Director mode?....What the....

(AFTER READING)

OMG!
YES - WE NEED DIRECTOR MODE AGAIN.  I HAVE NEVER USED IT, BUT SOUNDS AMAZING! 
BRING IT BACK IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
By DavidinLA - 5 Years Ago
On my wish list for iClone are

- Make the search function faster please. I have a phone game I play every time I start an asset search because two minutes seems to be the norm. I know you can do better. Daz's search results are immediate.
- Let us easily make our own directory structure for assets.
- Have a Daz type installer that installs all of our content at once. I dread installing new items and I really dread the thought that I'm going to have to install many, many times when I upgrade my computer.

Thanks for listening.
DavidinLA (8/29/2019)

- Have a Daz type installer that installs all of our content at once. I dread installing new items and I really dread the thought that I'm going to have to install many, many times when I upgrade my computer.

Make a backup of your content and simply copy it over to your new computer. That's what I do, and it has worked over the years.

However, even though I'm not a great DAZ fan, I do like their installer, which allows for keeping installation files. 
By DavidinLA - 5 Years Ago
Thanks that's good advice about the content. I thought I had read that you can't do it that way but I'll give it a try before submitting to the reinstall. I don't like the DAZ interface and haven't even tried to use it for animating. I find DAZ a great resource for getting additional assets to port over to iClone.
By dante1st - 5 Years Ago
DavidinLA (8/29/2019)
On my wish list for iClone are

- Make the search function faster please. I have a phone game I play every time I start an asset search because two minutes seems to be the norm. I know you can do better. Daz's search results are immediate.
- Let us easily make our own directory structure for assets.

Thanks for listening.

I find that it's much faster to just search using Windows Explorer instead of within the program itself.

By evert.korner - 5 Years Ago
As a modeller I really miss a integrated custom character workflow with all the possibilities of Iclone and CC. As long as the custom designs - and that involves mainly non standard characters - are not integratable with the iclone standards, animation developers are stuck with what Iclone prescribes. And in my opnion that is what obstruct Iclone in being a dominant animation solution for the proffesional industry
I would like to ask RL for this - a way to bake the Look-At-Camera animation to keyframes in the timeline.

After contemplating this for  awhile, I now view that it is NOT a bug that Look-At-Camera cannot export out. 
Because, really, the Look-At-Camera is a proprietrary piece of iClone's own internal animation suite.  All it does is internally anchor one object to another, while the 2 are moving.
Thus, it does not generate keyframes which conform to specs that would be included in an FBX export out.
In a way, it's like PopcornFX.  It doesn't really have any thing to be exported out.

BUT...
In marketing and showcasing iClone's animation transferability to other engines, a typical interested animator will not be making the distinction whether or not it really is a timeline keyframed element. 
Rather, they will assume that it's an animation, just like any other animation, that should be exporting out.  And when it does not, it will feel like it is an issue or a bug.

What I would like to propose is that we are given a formal way, in iClone, to bake the Look-at-cam to key frames. 
Currently, any export out of Look-at-Camera results in unusable jittery eyes.
It also can NOT currently be exported out to 3DXchange as an iMotion or iMotionPlus, as it is also jittery.
So, the big deal here is that this part of iClone is not usable in Unreal, Unity, Octane, C4D, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, etc.
But, if we could bake it in, it would then solve all the export problems and we could just use the keyframed animation in outside engines.
Which, would be amazing.  As the Look-At-Camera animations in iClone rule.

Please consider this.  For the Love of Indigo.

Thanks, peace, and wealth. 
And health.
And stealth.

By andrew.genaille - 5 Years Ago
Hi,I’ve been looking for I formation on the stream VR motion capture, ive decided to buy an Occulus Quest and was going to pay for a subscription for a 3rd party program in order to creation motion capture. That depends now on how long before the streamVR that you guys have coming gets here.Is there a time it might show up?
By Ryan Hayle - 5 Years Ago
Any update in regards to Motion LIVE 2.0 with IK Driven Mocap (along with SteamVR and leap motion 4.0)? Is it still coming this year?
By jodelles.com - 5 Years Ago
I am looking forward to moving animations etc via VR esp oculus quest or steam vr…. would be amazing to see the world in VR as I created as well .   I think this could be done quite weell and be very popular 
By FallenNInja - 5 Years Ago
Since this year is near ending and we are behind on the roadmap can we get an update on the upcoming features or will this have to wait till early next year?

I'm exited for Motion Live 2.0
evert.korner (9/27/2019)
As a modeller I really miss a integrated custom character workflow with all the possibilities of Iclone and CC. As long as the custom designs - and that involves mainly non standard characters - are not integratable with the iclone standards, animation developers are stuck with what Iclone prescribes. And in my opnion that is what obstruct Iclone in being a dominant animation solution for the proffesional industry

its easy and fast create any kind of character using out programs. i am a autodesk mudbox/3dmax user and i have a lot of examples to show you and give some help if you want. 
the problem is iclone enviroment (cc 3dxhcange and iclone ) works a no regular way to create things. but its very acurracy and fast workflow. 
evert.korner (9/27/2019)

its easy and fast create any kind of character using out programs. i am a autodesk mudbox/3dmax user and i have a lot of examples to show you and give some help if you want. 
the problem is iclone enviroment (cc 3dxhcange and iclone ) works a no regular way to create things. but its very acurracy and fast workflow. 
By oisilener1982 - 5 Years Ago
Please allow us to create custom hairs within Character Creator 3
Well, the Headshot plugin is a start to create custom hair:
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/headshot/#auto-mode

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6f032a1d-f723-4d8d-af92-af64.jpg
By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
It is almost time to post the 2020 Roadmap.  Smile
By oisilener1982 - 5 Years Ago
The-any-Key (12/20/2019)

Is there a ready made Donald Trump Hair? If there is none then what is the easiest way to create. ThAnks in Advance
oisilener1982 (12/20/2019)
The-any-Key (12/20/2019)

Is there a ready made Donald Trump Hair? If there is none then what is the easiest way to create. ThAnks in Advance

Sorry, is a beginner when it comes to hair. But I guess import an image on him via the headshot plugin and do some sculpting with Zbrush is a start.
By imaginationseven7 - 4 Years Ago
I was wondering has a Roadmap for 2020 been made I been doing some saving in 2019 trying to buy one of the mocap suits so i decided to wait until info on iclone 8 or livelink for unity3d maybe get a nice packaged deal but sorry if it seem like i'm impatient just excited to get started with cinematic scenes in unity3d 
By alhimi5000 - 4 Years Ago
please help   ... 0xc000007b   
I bought a device
Asus ROG G703 RTX 2080 Core i9-8950HK
But iclone doesn't work
Gives a wrong message  .  0xc000007b   
iclone   not work   0xc000007b   
Asus ROG   G703 RTX 2080 Core i9-8950HK
-------------
Is the computer with these specifications suitable for work on? iclone
Is the screen card suitable?  G703 RTX 2080
thank you

By animagic - 4 Years Ago
alhim5000, please don't ask the same question multiple times in different forums. It will not help in getting you an answer any faster. 
Thank you
I'll do it
I was hoping to find someone with the same problem to have an answer or help
By Rampa - 4 Years Ago
alhimi5000 (1/24/2020)
please help   ... 0xc000007b   
I bought a device
Asus ROG G703 RTX 2080 Core i9-8950HK
But iclone doesn't work
Gives a wrong message  .  0xc000007b   
iclone   not work   0xc000007b   
Asus ROG   G703 RTX 2080 Core i9-8950HK
-------------
Is the screen card suitable?  G703 RTX 2080
thank you

It may be that you have an old driver. There was a broken driver version a while back.

Please update your graphics drivers to the current release. You can find the latest driver here:
Make sure you choose the custom install, and then check the box for a clean install on the following page of the installer.

thank you
Rampa
Still the same problem
I have downloaded Driver  
GeForce Game Ready Driver -WHQL    * NVIDIA RTX 2080
(441.87-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql )
+
(440.97-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql )
But it does not work with 
------------
iClone v7.71
Character Creator v3.2
-----------
And it gives an error message (  0xc00007b)
----------------
And you try I have downloaded Driver  

NVIDIA Studio Driver -SD  * NVIDIA RTX 2080
(441.66-notebook-win10-64bit-international-nsd-whql )
Does not accept and gives a message that the device does not match
-----
I need to work on these programs
3ds Max 2020  /  Works well
DAZ Studio Pro Edition 4.12.0.86  /   Works well
iClone v7.71   dont work / error message (  0xc00007b)
Character Creator v3.2   dont work / error message (  0xc00007b)
Is the screen card suitable?  Asus ROG G703 RTX 2080 Core i9-8950HK

What is the difference between And what is appropriate
NVIDIA Driver rtx 2080   ( SD Studio Driver ) vs ( WHQL Certified )
Once again thanks for the attention