Python extension libraries

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic401567.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By RobertoColombo - 5 Years Ago
Hi,

did anybody manage to install PIP as explained here: http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone/script/python/md_docs__python_extension_libraries.html ?

I found following problems:

1. Updated the system PATH variable as indicated in the doc, adding the path "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64"
2. Opened the Command prompt
3. I launched iclonepy pointing to the full path to get-pip.py => Command prompt complains for the space in the path!
4. So, I moved to the 
C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64 and then launching iclonepy from there, pointing sub-path after Bin64, i.e. scripts\Python\get-pip.py
5. The Python script 
get-pip.py starts, donwloads some files, tries to install pip and terminates with an exception

Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\basecommand.py", line 215, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\commands\install.py", line 342, in run
    prefix=options.prefix_path,
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\req\req_set.py", line 784, in install
    **kwargs
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\req\req_install.py", line 851, in install
    self.move_wheel_files(self.source_dir, root=root, prefix=prefix)
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\req\req_install.py", line 1064, in move_wheel_files
    isolated=self.isolated,
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\wheel.py", line 345, in move_wheel_files
    clobber(source, lib_dir, True)
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\wheel.py", line 316, in clobber
    ensure_dir(destdir)
  File "D:\Temp\tmpsre17a7t\pip.zip\pip\utils\__init__.py", line 83, in ensure_dir
    os.makedirs(path)
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\lib\os.py", line 220, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\Reallusion\\iClone 7\\Bin64\\Lib\\site-packages\\pip'

Did anyone succeed to install a Python package using the method described by RL ?

Thanks

Roberto

By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
Yeah, they kind of leave out a step -- you need to do it as admin (so open up an Admin command line).

Then it goes smoothly.

By RobertoColombo - 5 Years Ago
Thanks Mike.
Now I succeeded Smile