Clothing With Morph Creator / Morph Animator

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic400726.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Lord Ashes - 5 Years Ago
In the past, I was able to create CC clothing, add it to a CC character, push it to iClone and then add morphs to the clothing. This was actually the basis for one of my content lines (Morph Line clothing and accessories). I have a skirt and pants in the marketplace store which are based on this concept as well as a number of accessories. The problem is that I have not created such content for a while and have completely forgotten the workflow that I used.

Creating the CC clothing is not an issue. I know how to do that. Pushing the character with the clothing to iClone is not an issue either. However, the Motion tab for the clothing does not have Morph Creator (it only has Morph Animator). It is only available for the whole Character (in which case you need to provide morphs for the whole character). I am sure that in the past I managed to add morphs just for the clothing without having to add the character into my morph object.
I recall having to detach the item to make the Morph Creator available and then re-attaching the item. However, I don't know if that was for clothing or accessories. In any case, the clothing does not have a detach option.

Has the work flow for creating clothing with morphs changed in CC3? Does anyone know how to achieve this? As I said, I have a skirt and pants in my store (as well as accessories) which use this concept, so it is (or at least was) possible.
By Rampa - 5 Years Ago
You should check if you can create the blendshapes for the clothing in Blender. See if they will import when you import the character into CC3. Body morphs will not, but clothing and hair morphs might. They do in CC3 Pipeline, anyway.
By Lord Ashes - 5 Years Ago
Rampa (1/10/2019)
You should check if you can create the blendshapes for the clothing in Blender. See if they will import when you import the character into CC3. Body morphs will not, but clothing and hair morphs might. They do in CC3 Pipeline, anyway.

Interesting idea. So I just add the bendshapes as additional frames in the Blender project? 

By Rampa - 5 Years Ago
They are called shape keys in Blender. Basically, morphs.