Posable Daz Wings

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic397484.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By darkrepast - 6 Years Ago
I've got a bunch of different wing props in Daz. I'm able to import them with a character into CC3 but they appear to be stiff and unable to move. 
Is there something I'm missing? Should I import them with 3DExchange and then attach them later?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
You'll have to be a LOT more specific -- there are many different ways for folks to create wings.

Some of the Daz wings have morphs -- you can import the morphs and use as usual.  Some are rigged -- in those cases XChange is best but you may struggle with the rigging (I know I have on many occasions).

If you let me know which wings in particular you're trying I can be more helpful.
Sure.

I've got the Cyber Wings by Midnight Stories.
I've got the Feathered Wings by 3D Universe.
I also have the Raw Seraphim Wings by RawArt.
They have morphs and such. 
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
Actually, none of those sets have any morphs.

They have fit and adjustments and "posing" controls, which aren't the same thing (it's a little deceptive in that they do appear where you might expect to see a morph, but only a morph has a button on it that allows you to see the parameter settings -- pose and fit controls just have sliders).

Now, you *can* create a morph, but it's a royal PITA (just because of the way Daz works -- sorry).  I think you're better off bringing them through XChange rigged as they are, although that's also a PITA (I really hate posing things with bones inside of iClone, but that's just me.  Perhaps you don't have that same issue).  At least that way you can save a motion file (morphs are really better for things that change kind of incrementally -- hard to explain, but if a ball is squashed flat that makes a good morph, but if that ball moves up and down you really can't "morph" it in that manner well).
Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it!