Start Project 2 where Project 1 ended

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic397108.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Buggane - 6 Years Ago
I've just finished an 1800 frame project with several avatars and props moving about etc. I now want to start a second project where the first one ended (frame 1 positions in Project 2  the same as Project 1 frame 1800). I'm sure I have been able to do this before but am afraid my 63 year old brain cells are not playing ball on this one and searching the forum hasn't helped. A gentle nudge in the right direction would be most helpful. Many thanks
By animagic - 6 Years Ago
1. Make sure nothing is selected in your scene.

2. Right-click on an empty space in the scene, then select "Remove Scene Animation".

3. From the available options, select "Keep Last Frame", which will remove all animations but keep the project state in the last frame.

4. Save as a new project.

Here is the relevant manual page: http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_7/ENU/Pro/Default.htm#iClone_7/Pro_7.0/05_Project/Removing_with_Status.htm.
By Buggane - 6 Years Ago
Thank you very much, will give that a try. Just when I think I am getting the hang of things my mind seems to turn to "is it time for tea and crumpets?"
By animagic - 6 Years Ago
Buggane (12/8/2018)
Thank you very much, will give that a try. Just when I think I am getting the hang of things my mind seems to turn to "is it time for tea and crumpets?"

I think it's always time for tea and crumpets...Wink

I'm more of a coffee and scones person, but it's the same idea.
By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
I do this frequently when I break one large scene into several smaller scenes. Not sure if this works for ya, but I make the scene very long. Say I need 5000 total frames for scene 5. But like you I want the first part to be 1800frames, part two to be 1800-4000 and the last part to be 4000-5000. Make one scene, set the project length to 5000 frames and animate it up to frame 1800. In the timeline there is a button to set the last frame. Scrub to frame 1800 and click it. Viola! Your scene is 5000 frames long, but your project is only using up to frame 1800. Save that as scene 5a. Then save the same project as scene 5b and again use the timeline buttons to set the start of the scene at frame 1800 and the end at 4000. Resave as Scene 5b. The old animation is still there but it won’t play when using the timeline play function. When pressing play is will start at frame 1800 and end at 4000. Do the same for frames 4000-5000, then plop it in a non-linear editor for a final edit. Hopefully that all makes sense.