Death Refuge--Video Progress

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic393899.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By pedrosura - 6 Years Ago
Making a lot of progress on this little movie I am working on. I have about 22 minutes of running time and I have yet to film the most difficult parts. I have already planned all the shots and done a lot of testing. I will be posting here progress because it helps me to stay focused. Producing a movie on anything, specially Iclone is a very laborious difficult endeavor. Only understood by the folks who take the plunge and try it. It is a lot of fun, perhaps too much. 
By jarretttowe - 6 Years Ago
This is fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing this completed!
Only one criticism, and please, know that I am loving the atmosphere -- if you would look really closely at some of your camera motions, sometimes there are some subtly "jerks" as the camera changes direction or angle. I'm not sure what it is. But believe me, if you adjust the camera motions slightly, you will have something that looks really, really fantastic, instead of only really fantastic. Do you have the curve editor?
Hey, thank you very much. Yes, I have curve editor and I will use it. I will wait until I have the whole movie and then clean up stuff like that. Not worth the effort if I end up wanting a different shot. But yes, curve editor is sweet. 

By Peter Blood - 6 Years Ago
Very nice, it's coming along fine.

I do the same. I keep moving forward and then come back for the tweaks while I'm waiting for the voice actors to come together.
I have a lot of voices in my WIP so I'm figuring I'll have the time to do music and sound fx while I'm waiting. (I'm lucky in that I have Shygirl
as a talent coordinator. Things would be much more difficult without her mothering the other actors. They're all volunteers so they're
pretty quick.) Like you my vids take me a long time, mostly because I'm lousy at animating and I change locations a lot causing me
to spend a lot of time constructing sets., they can take 2 years to do. I might have 4 left in me. =) 

Cool pete

By charly Rama - 6 Years Ago
well done guy, keep this way, with some smoothing as said, it'll be really nice
By Rottadamic - 6 Years Ago
Wow, this movie looks very promising, looks great!
Good to hear you will do something about the camera jerking.
By toystorylab - 6 Years Ago
Nice...
Looking forward for more Wink
By thebiz.movies - 6 Years Ago
Looks really good pedrosura!  Good shot selection and editing.  I liked that while most folks (me) try to hide the footsteps youve got a closeup shot focusing on them.  Good stuff.
Peter Blood (11/17/2018)
Very nice, it's coming along fine.

I do the same. I keep moving forward and then come back for the tweaks while I'm waiting for the voice actors to come together.
I have a lot of voices in my WIP so I'm figuring I'll have the time to do music and sound fx while I'm waiting. (I'm lucky in that I have Shygirl
as a talent coordinator. Things would be much more difficult without her mothering the other actors. They're all volunteers so they're
pretty quick.) Like you my vids take me a long time, mostly because I'm lousy at animating and I change locations a lot causing me
to spend a lot of time constructing sets., they can take 2 years to do. I might have 4 left in me. =) 

Cool pete

You said a couple of things that got my attention. First, Where do you get your voice actors? 
You make a good point about the sets and their complexity. I have had to animate scenes on an empty set and then collection clip everything and port it to the complex set. I find that if I make objects and characters invisible they still slow down my computer and makes animation difficult. Do you have that problem as well? This makes the process very laborious. 
 Trying to get the whole movie done so that I can trim it and then go back and fix things to make them look better. I find it useless to overwork scenes to then decide that it doesn't work or you don't like it. 

toystorylab (11/17/2018)
Nice...
Looking forward for more Wink

Thank you, I think I spend most of my time, figuring out, how to hide stuff... lol

By Kevin L - 6 Years Ago
Hello, pedrosura this is looking great love the atmosphere keep up the good work, good luck with your project. 

Thank u Kevin!
By pedrosura - 5 Years Ago
Work In Progress, closer to the end of my work. Still farther than I would like to be. 
Here is a series of screenshots from my project so far. I still have about 5 minutes of shooting to do. I like what I have so far. 
Animating is extremely time consuming. It takes about 2-3 seconds to render each frame on my computer.