Its been a while.. A few questions about Iclone 7

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic391359.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
I have ICLONE 6 but want to upgrade to ICLONE 7. Do I have to uninstall ICLONE 6 to install 7?   Can I use 3DX Pipe;ine 6 and Character Creater 1.5 with Iclone 7?? 

Looking to make animation as easy as possible....more precisely combat fighting between mecha machines like you see in the anime Gundam or the more popular Transfromers.   I have seen some software such as Faceware, Popcorn,  and Mix Moves.  Don't know how Mix Moves is different from blending already made motion files that I have seen before in ICLONE.

Looking to find tutorials on how to make introduction scenes like you see in the movies.   But mainly motion fighting scenes using files such as Ninja, and Explosive fighting pack that I have bought before.  I want to know if there are any other files like them.

I heard talks of Iclone 8 in the works.  If so when that does come out?  should I wait? 

By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
No one except RL knows when iClone 8 will come out, and they aren't telling.  But since they are still working on 7x (and they have told us that) it is quite likely it will be a long time coming (read: a year or more).

You can keep iClone 6 installed and still use it -- you can use as many versions of iClone as you have at the same time (well, you can only really use one at a time unless you have multiple mice and a lot of arms :>Wink.

You won't want to use CC 1.5 -- AFAIK CC3 is free with iClone 7 (or at least bundled with it) although for maximum effect you'll want Pipeline (see the differences listed).  XChange 6 *can* work with 7 but not transparently (IOW, you can't send things back and forth with one button press).  You'd be better off upgrading it as well, but that's up to you.

By mr_vidius - 6 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (10/28/2018)
No one except RL knows when iClone 8 will come out, and they aren't telling.  But since they are still working on 7x (and they have told us that) it is quite likely it will be a long time coming (read: a year or more).

You can keep iClone 6 installed and still use it -- you can use as many versions of iClone as you have at the same time (well, you can only really use one at a time unless you have multiple mice and a lot of arms :>Wink.

You won't want to use CC 1.5 -- AFAIK CC3 is free with iClone 7 (or at least bundled with it) although for maximum effect you'll want Pipeline (see the differences listed).  XChange 6 *can* work with 7 but not transparently (IOW, you can't send things back and forth with one button press).  You'd be better off upgrading it as well, but that's up to you.

gee wiz Kellytoons.. you know that I clone 8 will be out long before they finish 7. look at 6! they had all sorts of stuff lined up for that. but instead of finishing it. they made 7.
and the same thing will happen to 7 too. they will release 8 and then line up stuff for that.. then go to 9.. etc.. Whistling

vidius

I'm not sure what you mean by "finish" -- software is NEVER finished.  Oh, I suppose when it finally dies, but just like a person, until they die, they are never finished.  It keeps changing, hopefully improving, and version numbers help keep track of where they are at.  Most major version releases are different enough from the previous version to justify that numbering, but they didn't "stop" iClone when they stopping making point releases for 6, they just moved on to 7.

So in that case you are right -- when 8 comes (in a year or so) they won't be working on 7, but it won't be "unfinished" -- it will just be the way station of iClone at that time.  To say that 6 is "unfinished" would be like saying 7.3 iClone is "unfinished" -- it's not all that can be done with it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do what 7.3 should do.

Now, if you are complaining that resources which might have worked in previous versions no longer work -- RL is actually one of the better companies in this regard.  Honestly, I wish they WOULDN'T support old resources, because they just look crappy.  We need to move forward but RL makes it possible to stay firmly in the past if that's what you want.
By justaviking - 6 Years Ago
a) To Genao87 - Please do not be distracted by any thoughts or discussion about iClone 8.  As Kelleytoons said, it is not on the horizon at all.  It showed up recently in some random 6-month old post that got replied to.  Do not let that distract you.

b) I, for one, am happy to delay "major releases" as long as possible.  As long as Reallusion keeps giving us point-releases (71.. 7.2... 7.3...) I'm happy because they are free.  I have seen Reallusion provide some "major" functionality in point-releases (a.k.a. Patches) that other companies might have made us pay for.

c) Lastly, it looks like you got good advice here already.  I concur about CC1 and iC6 and Pipeline.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
By Delerna - 6 Years Ago
Justavikings B comment.
Oh yes I totally agree, I for one will be stick with iClone7 for a few years even if they bring out iClone 8 next year.
iClone7 is giving me plenty for what I need so hope they stick with improving/fixing this one for a deacent amount of time.
Going from iClone6 to 7 so quick was a concern for me but I am glad I did it now.
But I am stating to feel we might as well have monthly payments with auto upgrades the way things are going....and I won't be in on that.
Maybe I am doing an over comparison with that but its getting closer and closer to it in my thinking
By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
Thanks for the response guys.  It is good to hear that Iclone 7 is here to stay for some time. I didn't want to buy it and just a few months later Iclone 8 was introduced.  I guess I have to get pipeline.....is there a coupon code seeing that I have Iclone 6 to lower the price??  I could not find anything on it. 

I see that IRAY render is now available for Iclone??   is it worth it?    More interested in the Faceware and Handware.  So I just install this plugin and it would animate the character's face and hands just by looking at me?   Not talking about the Iphone version.  I dont need any more extra hardware?   

By animagic - 6 Years Ago
genao87 (10/29/2018)
Thanks for the response guys.  It is good to hear that Iclone 7 is here to stay for some time. I didn't want to buy it and just a few months later Iclone 8 was introduced.  I guess I have to get pipeline.....is there a coupon code seeing that I have Iclone 6 to lower the price??  I could not find anything on it. 

I see that IRAY render is now available for Iclone??   is it worth it?    More interested in the Faceware.  So I just install this plugin and it would animate the character's face just by looking at me?   Not talking about the Iphone version.  

You would get the so-called member price because you already have iClone 6, so whatever you see after you log into your member account is the price you get. There will be sales at times also. I don't know if they do anything around Black Friday, but it is good to check.

There is only on version of iClone 7 (equivalent to Pro during iClone 6 times), which will include the basic version of CC3. The Pipeline version of CC3 is an extension of that. Pipeline also includes the Iray plugin I believe.

It is worthwhile to study the comparison table and ask further questions: https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3d-character.html#edition-comparison. I'm sometimes confused also...Unsure

Iray will be available for iClone 7 at a later date (end of the year or so). It is the same plugin as used for CC so it does not require a separate purchase. You can buy it separately or save a bit when bundling with CC3 Pipeline. You could wait on Iray and see the results of those who have it already for when it is available for iClone. You certainly need a powerful PC to use it. Multiple GPUs help as well.

I bought Faceware for an introductory price. It is now quite expensive, I think. I have had fairly good results, using a Logitech 920 webcam. What helped was adding a LED light bar on top of my monitor to improve lighting. 

According to reports here on the the forum the iPhone (which uses FaceShift) gives better results. I don't have it, so maybe others can chime in.
A couple of things -- when we say "pipeline" here we are referring to the CC3 pipeline, NOT the XChange Pipeline.  Unless you intend to export your stuff back out of iClone into something else, you don't need XChange Pipeline.  But I would highly recommend CC3 Pipeline if you have any Daz stuff (or might buy Daz stuff).  There are a few other things it also does that the free version does not.

And, yes, I have both the Faceware and the iPhone "Faceshift" and the iPhone is far superior.  I don't even use Faceware anymore.  The prices are comparable (Faceware costs as much as buying the iPhone AND the Faceshift) so it's more a matter of which one you prefer (plus you get an iPhone :>Wink  You do not need phone service for that iPhone, and the new ones are a bit less expensive.  You may also be able to use one of the new iPads -- we'll know more on Tuesday when they are announced (they ought to be even cheaper, which makes using one of them a far better solution than Faceware).
By wires - 6 Years Ago
CC3 Pipeline does not include the Iray plugin, this is a separate purchase - although it is included in a "Bundle" offer that is somewhat cheaper than purchasing both separately.
By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
Thanks for the replies guys.  This makes it more clearer now.   I figure the Iray would kill my computer.  I respect the Iclone's current render.   But seems Iray is somewhat superior in terms of the animation quality I am looking for.  Seems I have to work quite a bit of overtime in my job to get a good powerful computer.

Kelleytoons (10/29/2018)
A couple of things -- when we say "pipeline" here we are referring to the CC3 pipeline, NOT the XChange Pipeline.  Unless you intend to export your stuff back out of iClone into something else, you don't need XChange Pipeline.  But I would highly recommend CC3 Pipeline if you have any Daz stuff (or might buy Daz stuff).  There are a few other things it also does that the free version does not.

And, yes, I have both the Faceware and the iPhone "Faceshift" and the iPhone is far superior.  I don't even use Faceware anymore.  The prices are comparable (Faceware costs as much as buying the iPhone AND the Faceshift) so it's more a matter of which one you prefer (plus you get an iPhone :>Wink  You do not need phone service for that iPhone, and the new ones are a bit less expensive.  You may also be able to use one of the new iPads -- we'll know more on Tuesday when they are announced (they ought to be even cheaper, which makes using one of them a far better solution than Faceware).

whoa,  good thing you posted this.  so there is a CC Pipeline!?!   damn.   was thinking all this time was the Xchange Pipeline.  Currently I dont intend to export stuff...dont want to go through the time to learn another software.  Okay so to get this straight about Faceshift....I get a Iphone if i buy Faceshift? Or i have to buy them separately?  Cool on the IPAD,  going back and forth which would be better. 

Yeah, I did worry that you were getting confused about the use of "pipeline".  I kind of wish they hadn't used that term for the CC3 standalone version, but they did so we live with it.

CC3 Pipeline offers a few things that could be *extremely* useful to you (or anyone, really).  Honestly, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it, but that's just me.  The biggest, IMHO, is the automatic conversion of Daz figures and clothing into CC3 avatars and clothing.  Now, you might say "Well, I don't HAVE any Daz stuff so I don't care" but Daz is such an enormous resource it's kind of like saying "well, I'll never need any more clothing or avatars ever with iClone".  Daz itself is free, and the resources are nearly always MUCH cheaper than anything RL offers.  Plus they are like 100x more comprehensive.  So if you want, say, some wild west costumes, or a werewolf there really isn't any other place to go, nor no better price (particularly if you are a Platinum member, which I recommend).  Pipeline does allow you to bring in other OBJ clothing (much of which is free) from anywhere, or even to design your own, so there's that as well.  And it allows you to edit such stuff precisely and usefully.  As I said, it's pretty short-sighted not to have it as a tool in your toolbox.  In terms of learning CC3 is pretty much like a souped up version of CC1/2 (and bringing in Daz stuff is a one button press solution).

Face Live (that's what RL calls it -- I tend to call it Faceshift because that's the Apple technology they are using and it's a nice complement to the "Faceware" moniker) is a $100 plugin that works with Live (you'd need Live either way, with Faceware or with Faceshift) and just like with Faceware YOU have to supply the hardware.  The difference is the hardware is more expensive, but Faceware itself (the software) is much more expensive, so it's pretty much a wash (as it stands right now, Faceware is around $2-300 more than an iPhone/Face Live combo would be anyway, although it also depends on whether you have a decent webcam to use with it).  Today we'll know about the iPads and if they come with Face ID (which is the strong rumor) you may be able to cut that cost further (or not -- depends on their cost but it's certainly possible there will be one that's less than $900).
By dante1st - 6 Years Ago
I hope iClone 8 is not anytime soon.....for completely selfish reasons.

I don't know how I would explain "in story," why my character in my series looks different. Here's what I mean:

Once IC8 comes out, we inevitably get a new batch of characters that look even more real than now (as well as improved motions). So now, similar to me with CC3, I'll be stuck in a position where I have to figure out, do I come up with a storyline reason as to why my main character (seen below), is now a COMPLETELY different looking girl? (that would be jarring, similar to when you recast a character on a sitcom). Or..............do I just continue using my "outdated" character, sacrificing the advantages that would be afforded to me in the new avatars.

This is actually what I'm going through right now with CC3. I would LOVE to use the new CC3 models, but I have to put story continuity first. I just wish there was a way to keep this same face, but still get the new 4K skin. (converting cc1 to cc3 does not get you new skin, it just converts bones/muscles, etc). But, since the jump from CC2 to CC3 isn't nearly the gap as IC7 to IC8 will be, it's not that big of a deal for now.

I guess I could do a story where she gets seriously injured, and has to get plastic surgery.

iClone 8 is not even being hinted at.  I am totally confident it will not be a factor in 2019 at all.
A year from now we can ask if it's on the roadmap.
By AutoDidact - 6 Years Ago
"CC3 Pipeline offers a few things that could be *extremely* useful to 
you (or anyone, really).  Honestly, I don't know why anyone wouldn't you (or anyone, really).  Honestly, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it, but that's just me........................As I said, it's pretty short sighted not to have it as a tool in your toolbox."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps you should qualify those assertions with : "for those who will always render final output from iclone".
Please understand ,I think CC3 is a brilliant strategic move on the part 
of Reallusion.

And its puts RL in the postion to capture many of the disgruntled poser refugees when they announce their upcoming partnership with the Renderosity  Content marketplace in the coming weeks

However as an animated filmmker with 6.5 full pipeline with 
3Dxchange I have to concede that CC3 Duplicates alot of what I already 
have with my Iclone /Daz studio/Maxon C4D&Newtwek Lightwave 3D production workflow.

I dont render stills  in Iray and if I did, I already have it free in Daz studio.

I can already decimate My Daz figures & content  down to low poly with the Decimator plugin for Daz studio.

I have the Daz optitex plugin and the "Dyncreator" script from 
renderosity that converts my custom model dynamic clothing to optitex format for cloth simulation, as it is much more reliable than the native daz "Dforce" 

I am a Daz Genesis content developer, and make my own custom Sci fi genre Daz clothing and rig it with three mouse clicks in Daz studios "transfer utility" without the poke thru issues you see with the weight transfer feature in the  CC3 videos from RL. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7cf268f6-f246-41dd-9459-9833.jpg

I use Iclone & Endorphin to Create and retarget motion to my DAZ figures in Daz studio, which are are always exported in either MDD or Alembic with full mesh fidelity,Daz JCM's etcfor final renders in C4D or Lightwave
thus CC3 is  actually not needed in my particular case.

Nope, don't need to qualify this at all -- you (as you often do) are trying to hijack this thread, which was the original poster asking about using iClone 7 and NOT for anything which you do.

My own advice -- if you want to talk about your own workflow, start your own thread.  Or stick to the topic.
By mr_vidius - 6 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (10/28/2018)
I'm not sure what you mean by "finish" -- software is NEVER finished.  Oh, I suppose when it finally dies, but just like a person, until they die, they are never finished.  It keeps changing, hopefully improving, and version numbers help keep track of where they are at.  Most major version releases are different enough from the previous version to justify that numbering, but they didn't "stop" iClone when they stopping making point releases for 6, they just moved on to 7.

So in that case you are right -- when 8 comes (in a year or so) they won't be working on 7, but it won't be "unfinished" -- it will just be the way station of iClone at that time.  To say that 6 is "unfinished" would be like saying 7.3 iClone is "unfinished" -- it's not all that can be done with it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do what 7.3 should do.

Now, if you are complaining that resources which might have worked in previous versions no longer work -- RL is actually one of the better companies in this regard.  Honestly, I wish they WOULDN'T support old resources, because they just look crappy.  We need to move forward but RL makes it possible to stay firmly in the past if that's what you want.

i think you know what i was talking about.. as for the older stuff.. i guess we are going to have to disagree on that. depending on what the older stuff is.. texture is the key. i personally made the older stuff look as good as the new stuff by making a few changes to the textures/materials.. but  i'm not afraid of a little "cheesy". i like cheesy. like the special effects done in movies many years ago. compared to today.. it's cheesy. i personally am pleased that RL supports the older stuff. I spent a ton of money on that stuff, supporting the content developers, and making my life easier by them creating it for me. RL made a good business move by supporting the older stuff. as DAZ, and Poser have been doing.   and you know my friend.. the older stuff looks better than the newer from time to time. that is my professional opinion of course. and one after spending many, many years in the film making industry. no one in their right mind throws a 65 mustang away because the new one looks better. one just gives it a new paint job and it's often worth more! but hey, if you don't want your old content anymore.. just upload it and i'll take it off your hands, unless it's stuff i already have LOL!

vidius.

wires (10/29/2018)
CC3 Pipeline does not include the Iray plugin, this is a separate purchase - although it is included in a "Bundle" offer that is somewhat cheaper than purchasing both separately.

Thanks, Gerry. I realized that later, but failed to update my post...Blush 
Kelleytoons (10/30/2018)
Nope, don't need to qualify this at all -- you (as you often do) are trying to hijack this thread, which was the original poster asking about using iClone 7 and NOT for anything which you do.

My own advice -- if you want to talk about your own workflow, start your own thread.  Or stick to the topic.

EDIT: I had a funny (I thought) remark here, but I don't want to cause a further deviation of the topic...Unsure
By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (10/30/2018)
Yeah, I did worry that you were getting confused about the use of "pipeline".  I kind of wish they hadn't used that term for the CC3 standalone version, but they did so we live with it.

CC3 Pipeline offers a few things that could be *extremely* useful to you (or anyone, really).  Honestly, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it, but that's just me.  The biggest, IMHO, is the automatic conversion of Daz figures and clothing into CC3 avatars and clothing.  Now, you might say "Well, I don't HAVE any Daz stuff so I don't care" but Daz is such an enormous resource it's kind of like saying "well, I'll never need any more clothing or avatars ever with iClone".  Daz itself is free, and the resources are nearly always MUCH cheaper than anything RL offers.  Plus they are like 100x more comprehensive.  So if you want, say, some wild west costumes, or a werewolf there really isn't any other place to go, nor no better price (particularly if you are a Platinum member, which I recommend).  Pipeline does allow you to bring in other OBJ clothing (much of which is free) from anywhere, or even to design your own, so there's that as well.  And it allows you to edit such stuff precisely and usefully.  As I said, it's pretty short-sighted not to have it as a tool in your toolbox.  In terms of learning CC3 is pretty much like a souped up version of CC1/2 (and bringing in Daz stuff is a one button press solution).

Face Live (that's what RL calls it -- I tend to call it Faceshift because that's the Apple technology they are using and it's a nice complement to the "Faceware" moniker) is a $100 plugin that works with Live (you'd need Live either way, with Faceware or with Faceshift) and just like with Faceware YOU have to supply the hardware.  The difference is the hardware is more expensive, but Faceware itself (the software) is much more expensive, so it's pretty much a wash (as it stands right now, Faceware is around $2-300 more than an iPhone/Face Live combo would be anyway, although it also depends on whether you have a decent webcam to use with it).  Today we'll know about the iPads and if they come with Face ID (which is the strong rumor) you may be able to cut that cost further (or not -- depends on their cost but it's certainly possible there will be one that's less than $900).

the hardware Live....that is Apple Technology.  is it that headband that you wrap around your head and plug it to your computer?   

Alright CC3 Pipeline it is.  When the conversation happens to CC avatars,  does it shrink the pixel size/count and keeping quality?   Daz Studio files are huge compare to Reallusion.  Though with Iray being one of the target products that I want,  might not matter that much since Iray is going to force me to get two video graphic cards such as NVIDIA Titan X.     

@Genao87,

CC3 helps reduce polygon count from Daz to levels that are more "game and iClone friendly."

Regarding dual graphics cards, remember that the VRAM (video graphics card RAM) does not "add" when you have a second GPU.
8GB + 8GB = 8GB
For gaming, iClone, and most other things, it simply puts a copy of the same data in both cards, so they can co-render the same scene.  So even with two Titans, which will make Iray rendering great but does not help iClone, many large textures can still potentially consume all your available VRAM.
As Dennis said.

And the "Live" portion of iClone is a waystation for consolidating all your mocap devices in one place (and doing it in realtime inside of iClone).  The "Face Live" for the iPhone is a plugin RL sells and then you just "look" at your iPhone X and it captures your face motions (again, in realtime with an avatar mimicking you).  You can also add all kinds of other capture devices, like body suits and the Leap controller for hands.
By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
@justaskviking so two VGA cards doesn't help render faster at all.  damn i guess that will always be the case.   so what is the best VGA to get?  i have seen people comment that some older cards process faster than newer ones despite the newer ones have more video ram.  looking at people's signatures i see quite a few Titan X cards.    still thinking about 2 VGAs just because of the Iray but man thats a lot of wasted money on a 2nd card.  might be thinking of getting a faster hardrive to help speed things up.    good thing i created this thread,  at least it open up the gates to get Daz products.  

@KellyToons    i gotcha now.   i just need the Iphone X with the Face Live plugin to capture facial or torso body movements.  seen some scenes from users capturing face, hands, and torso movement with the Iphone X/Face Live. character interactions was done way faster.    thinking of getting the capturing devices for the hands.  will make hand animation much faster.  

I want to be REAL clear -- the iPhone X and Live Face plugin ONLY capture the face for iClone.  Face only.

To do the body you will need either a body suit (like the Perception Neuron) or some kind of other process (like using Kinect with the various software that can use it).  Hand motions require the Leap controller and that plugin for iClone.  And for any of the motion capture plugins for iClone you also need the Motion Live software (an additional plugin that manages all the other plugins).

I know it sounds complicated, but it isn't when you break it down -- the Motion Live is the Hub for the other software, which is needed to manage all the hardware devices that can capture face/body/hands.

(And I'd recommend an nVidia 1070 at the very least.  Right now it's the best price/performance ratio for actually running iClone 7.  Anything less is silly -- but more is always better).
By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
looking back at it,  the head was the only thing animated on the videos.   so in summary i need the Motion Live software,  Face Live plugin,  and the X Iphone.    did i get right?     also was looking for the news about the Ipad but could not find any.  

If you want to go the Face Live route and IF you ONLY want to capture the face, then, yes, those are the items you would need.

Motion Live is the general Hub for doing live animation inside of iClone (note that you can animate outside of iClone using tools that produce BVH files for the body, for example, and then import them, but Motion Live is what controls the actual animation of an iClone avatar inside the program natively).  Then you need whatever plugins you want to control whatever you want -- there is a plugin for the Leap Controller to capture hands, a plugin for the iPhone X to capture Face, and a plugin for the Perception Neuron to capture the body movements, to name just three (there are others).  And then you also need the hardware to do whatever you want (so a Leap controller, or an iPhone or the PN suit).

The new iPad Pros came out Tuesday and contain the cameras that should allow them to run the software to capture the faces for Face Live, but there is no word yet from Reallusion on whether this is possible or not yet.  The prices, however, aren't all that different from the iPhone X -- the lowest priced iPad Pro now is $899, IIRC, and for $100 more you can get the iPhone XS.  The only real advantages either way is not price so much as usage -- if you want an iPad (and assuming it will be supported) then the iPad Pro would be the way to go.  But the iPhone XS does have one distinct advantage the iPad does not -- you can head mount the phone so you could conceivably run a capture of both the face and body (assuming you ever go down that route).  I can't imagine doing this with the iPad (for one thing you wouldn't be able to see a damn thing other than the iPad staring at you in the face, so you'd be likely to run into walls and things).
By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
thank you so much Kelly Toons,   man,  still thinking of getting two cards just for the IRAY render.    but i am looking at roughly$3000 for a new PC,  Iphone or Ipad/plugins, and ICLONE.   
let me try to master more of animation.   one question,  can any of the animation products from DAZ Studio,  can they be used in ICLONE.  
Nearly 100% of the Daz content can be used in iClone, either imported via XChange (for environments and larger props) or, for avatars, clothing, hair and hand props, imported through Character Creator 3 Pipeline (both processes are easy-peasy and I have a ton of tutorials showing how).  I use a LOT of Daz content inside of iClone (my zombie video posted here was 100% Daz content, including all the zombies and characters, and the destroyed mall).

Also, since I wrote that response to you we now know that all the new iPhone Xs work with Live Face, including the $750 iPhone XR, which would be the way I'd go given it's the cheapest (by far - you save about $250 over the next cheaper solution).
By jarretttowe - 6 Years Ago
To save money and still get great performance, look at the 980ti. I run one plus a 1080ti — for iclone of course two is better, but I’d rather have mocap hardware than multiple gpu. Unless you are rendering in iray. Unfortunately that’s going to be pig slow for animation no matter how many cards you have.
jarretttowe (11/10/2018)
...for iclone of course two is better...

Sorry, but "No."
iclone does not support multi-GPU configurations.  It will only use one card.

Iray can benefit from two GPUs, but the iClone native  renderer does not.

By genao87 - 6 Years Ago

Thank you for this.   Good thing to hear.  Seeing as Daz is now in the equation...this opens up some new avenues seeing it is just a huge library.  I was thinking of installing Daz Studio but it takes forever to animate I heard...just rendering can take hours.   Now that DAZ Studio products are in the mix..I better buy a good powerful PC.  The thing I am mostly scared of is when Iclone 8 comes out (I know is not anytime soon)...but I don't want to find out or be told that my PC can no longer hack it again and have to get a new more powerful computer..which is in the state that I am now....costing me a few grand.   

@Jarrettowe....you saying with two cards...IRAY will slow you down considerably???  Thinking of getting a 1080 TI card from NVIDIA then...but that sucker is like almost $700.   thought it would be cheaper seeing as they have the RTX version which I was told was superior.   

As far as PC specs go, do get a card with as much VRAM as possible while it is still in your price range. Currently, a GTX 1080 Ti would be the most cost effective, which has 11 GB of VRAM.  I have a GTX 1080 and you would think 8 GB would be enough, but I have run into limitations with both iClone and CC open, which is something you might do.

The RTX cards are expensive and at the moment have no particular benefit for iClone. They also seem to have stability problems. Any card that supports DX 12 (as all modern cards) will be future proof for a while as DX 12 features have not yet been implemented in iClone as far as I know.
By genao87 - 6 Years Ago
animagic (11/11/2018)
As far as PC specs go, do get a card with as much VRAM as possible while it is still in your price range. Currently, a GTX 1080 Ti would be the most cost effective, which has 11 GB of VRAM.  I have a GTX 1080 and you would think 8 GB would be enough, but I have run into limitations with both iClone and CC open, which is something you might do.

The RTX cards are expensive and at the moment have no particular benefit for iClone. They also seem to have stability problems. Any card that supports DX 12 (as all modern cards) will be future proof for a while as DX 12 features have not yet been implemented in iClone as far as I know.

I see thank you.   Do you know of any website that I can buy NVIDIA cards cheaper than from the official site?   I dont trust Ebay that much and Amazon has the prices more expensive than NVIDIA themselves.