only 7000 polys

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic389063.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

I was playing around with the new LOD decimator function found in Character Creator 3 pipeline (in the FBX 'export' panel) to test out the end result...
The avatar was then imported into iClone via 3DXChange, 'smoothed' and 'animated' (using the existing project 'default' animation).
See what you think - especially given how 'close-in' up we get .... Convincing - or not?

only 7000 polys ...

By justaviking - 6 Years Ago
For 7,000 polys...  very acceptable in my opinion.
By charly Rama - 6 Years Ago
Good test Sonic, thank you. It's ok for me
By stuckon3d - 6 Years Ago
great way to create extras Wink

By danielswright2311_182877 - 6 Years Ago
Ive been extracting models all day today for my game and some came out great, and others not so good, like displaced textures on the texture map and horrid weight maps, but all in all I'm learning how to prefect it. 

Most I did turned out to be around 7000 polies, works great in game. 
By Postfrosch - 6 Years Ago
Of course, the conversion works well via LOD.
Even the smaller avatars can be used in Iclone for mass sceneries.

Conversion of the fbx with 3dx7 and conversion to non-standard also works without problems. In order for CC3 avatars to automatically assign the bones as a non-standard species at the click of a mouse, you can make a profile yourself (assign bones once by hand - save profile - the next time simply assign by mouse click).

The biggest problem that I see for exporting LOD via fbx to an iAvatar export is the fact that I ALWAYS need the export version of RL clothing even though the avatars will not leave the RL area.
I just want to polycrate my avatars and keep using them in RL.
I can also send avatars created in CC 3 (for example with Assassins and Wizards templates) via iAvatar to IClone 7 WITHOUT the need for the export version of this clone. With the LOD polyreduced fbx files, I MUST now have the export version of the clothes to be able to use them in IClone or to be able to reduce them via LOD at all.

That's something RL should fix.

Greetings from Germany

Postfrosch
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cda74f10-6108-4410-9a1b-fc0a.png