CC3 Crashing every time I try to use InstaLOD reduce poly

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic386114.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Naniizar3d - 6 Years Ago
Title says it all. Cannot get these cloths reduced by any means. It will get to importing reduced mesh, hang and then crash.
By Kareeem - 6 Years Ago
CC never crashed when I reduced polies of clothes. Actually thats the tool which is the most stable and fast in my experience. Although I always reduce every object seperately and dont use the "reduce wearables" function. I like to have more control...
Maybe try that also. Hope that helps!
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
arolsouls (10/11/2018)
Title says it all. Cannot get these cloths reduced by any means. It will get to importing reduced mesh, hang and then crash.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

I would first check you have your graphics drivers updated. This is very important.

If it then still happens, please contact Technical Support using the link below and supply your dxdiag.txt file. They will then be able to check for any system related problems.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
By Justin Dooley - 6 Years Ago
Tried this today, Crashes every time.
Tried it on a full character export.
Tried it on a single object.
Tried it with recommended settings,
Tried it with % based reduction
Tried it with poly limit based reduction. 

All crashed. while running the latest GeForce drivers 417.01 11/26/2018
By daniel.astillero - 4 Years Ago
Same problem here. Latest GForce drivers. I stopped using CC3 because of this.
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
daniel.astillero (2/29/2020)
Same problem here. Latest GForce drivers. I stopped using CC3 because of this.

Have you tried reducing the polys by object rather than everything at once? Does this still cause a crash?
By RLord321 - 4 Years Ago
Mine will crash if the poly count is about 75 or 80K.  My workaround is to select a few objects at a time and then reduce them.  Try this instead of selecting all of them.
By linus10111 - 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/2/2020)

Have you tried reducing the polys by object rather than everything at once? Does this still cause a crash?

I recently came across a beard, which came as a single object. I don't remember its exact number of polys, but it was almost 2 million. CC3 crashed when trying to use instaLOD.
How do I go about reducing the high polycount without crashing CC3?
By sonix.squad - 3 Years Ago
SImilar issue. I am reducing polygons on hair imported from Daz that is over 1mil.
Even if I use the Element reduction method and select 1 section rather than multiple to work on it still hangs.

By 4u2ges - 3 Years Ago
@sonix.squad

For anything DAZ, I'd certainly recommend DAZ Decimator. It's a bit expensive, but well worth it.
Not only it's fast and stable, but the main advantage is preserved morphs.
CC LOD would wipe out hair tweaking morphs (that is if you transferred them with hair).
By sonix.squad - 3 Years Ago
4u2ges (7/27/2021)
@sonix.squad

For anything DAZ, I'd certainly recommend DAZ Decimator. It's a bit expensive, but well worth it.
Not only it's fast and stable, but the main advantage is preserved morphs.
CC LOD would wipe out hair tweaking morphs (that is if you transferred them with hair).

The thing is, the LOD tool was working fine till very recently on the exact same task (1 million+ count). I had actually reduced the count considerably already but wanted to have another pass at it from scratch and now it just hangs.
I have raised a ticket with support on this.
PreLOD reduction

PostLOD reduction