OFFICIAL iClone 7.3 Issues Thread

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic384590.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By wires - Last Year
The "Halo" effect around the characters is caused by Glow Maps in the Materials. You need to identify and lower, or remove, each one.
By bexley - Last Year
The TOON Shader has become unusable -- I posed a rant in the Technical issues forum (sorry) but the problem is that outlines are too thick and the NormalThreshold (probably due to the line width) causes spots to appear where they shouldn't (the tip of her nose, for example).  Below is a comparison between 7.3 and 6.5 toon renders -- both made at exactly the same res. as close to the same circumstances as possible:https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/693e4aa8-e638-4128-a642-bf92.jpg
As you can see, the results are significantly different, and the one on the left (7.3) is garbage.

Please tell me this will be fixed.

--Bex.
By CtrlZ - Last Year
lunarny (10/6/2018)
Thank you so much for your post! This makes a lot of sense, as I don’t seem to have any other issues and the work I’ve seen in the tutorials definitely has smoother real-time performance. Time to upgrade my setup! If you or anyone else has a suggestion on a powerful but roadworthy system that works great with iClone and CC, by all means please share. As I mentioned, I’ve been in Apple world for three decades so I’m out of my depth when it comes to knowing what specs will make the program run smoothly. Cheers, Jeff

The 1080ti is what I would suggest the 11gigs of v-ram will come handy but 1070 with 8 gigs is a solid option on a tighter budget?

By swordflasher - Last Year
my content files will no longer open with a double click
my iClone 7 content files will no longer open with a double click. If I go to template or custom projects, actors, motions or props, I have all the headings of my content listed under both template and custom, but when I double click a heading to see the sub-folder thumbnails of my content to open them then nothing happens - the thumbnails do not appear. The files are there, because if I right click I can then find the file and drop it into the scene to open. This started yesterday, had no problems before then. Can you please advise? Thank you.
By Peter (RL) - Last Year
We now have a new temporary update available (the full version is coming next week). Please see the thread below for more information.

https://forum.reallusion.com/385369/iClone-7322051-Temporary-Update-Available
By mr_vidius - Last Year
Dragonskunk (10/28/2018)
Certain characters in Edit Motion Layer have incorrectly angled bounding boxes for their feet at default value.
The bounding box follows the direction of the bone angle instead.
To the following characters:
CC character Natalie
G3 (All)
Dummy
Clone Bones
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/78d9adfe-ece8-4e5b-8554-83a6.jpg

yes.. I'm seeing the same thing too. with exception of the default natilie when her shoes are removed. other than that.. I see the same thing.

vidius

By wires - Last Year
raxel_67 (10/24/2018)
thanks you just saved my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always happy to help when I can. Smile
By bexley - Last Year
Thanks for the tip -- I didn't realise there WAS a feedback tracker! <D'oh!>

--Bex.
swordflasher (10/20/2018)
Can someone please tell me why I can no longer open my content sub-folders with a double-click? It happened four days ago [see post above], and I completed the feedback tracker. The headings are there for all content, but I can only open them by right-clicking to find the file and drop it in the scene.
I could try uninstalling iClone 7.3, then reinstalling I guess, but I'm worried about losing or not being able to re-easily access my bought content, saved projects and custom characters etc.  I'm hoping I've accidentally pressed something that hides sub-folders, but can't see how. Any thoughts please? Thank you.

The problem is likely you have the divider between the folders and the content too far to the right so you can't see the content thumbnails. To resolve the problem just drag the divider (the dotted line) over to the left. This will then display the content thumbnails. Please see section 7 of the page below for how to do this.
By Dragonskunk - Last Year
Certain characters in Edit Motion Layer have incorrectly angled bounding boxes for their feet at default value.
The bounding box follows the direction of the bone angle instead.
To the following characters:
CC character Natalie
G3 (All)
Dummy
Clone Bones
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/78d9adfe-ece8-4e5b-8554-83a6.jpg
By hj - Last Year
Hi Peter

only in "Avatar Custom" and in "Animation Customs" i can not save any thing.
I can save Props
Creating  "New Folders" works only for Projects

my Reallusion "Template" and "Customs" Drive is E: not C:

With CC 3.0 and 3dXchange no Problems. Also with iClone 7.23 no Problems
The Problem started wit 7.3

best
Hans Jörgen

By hj - Last Year
I got the update today
nothing change with my issue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b91fe5f5-4b6b-4d8c-8235-94af.gif

can´´t save any character and can´t create any folder
By theschemer - Last Year
I found a bug. If I take my CC3 character (DAZ Transformed) into IClone 7.3 and try to change the eyes, it crashes IClone 7 every time. So I went back to CC3 and added the eyes and that worked just fine.
TS

added: Once I export the character to IClone with the CC3 eyes, I was able to change them in IClone once or twice and then it crashed. I tried the material only and that worked a few times and that too also crashed IClone 7.
I rolled back
then
I rolled forwards
now it works
I'll see if I restart or load projects and see if it vanishes again.
By raxel_67 - Last Year
New update new disasters... As expected. png export doesn't work as it should, so when are we getting a patch to fix the patch? This has made iclone unusable for me, it is literally a binary brick now
By lunarny - Last Year
Thank you so much for your post! This makes a lot of sense, as I don’t seem to have any other issues and the work I’ve seen in the tutorials definitely has smoother real-time performance. Time to upgrade my setup! If you or anyone else has a suggestion on a powerful but roadworthy system that works great with iClone and CC, by all means please share. As I mentioned, I’ve been in Apple world for three decades so I’m out of my depth when it comes to knowing what specs will make the program run smoothly. Cheers, Jeff
By blaknex7 - Last Year
Hi, I tried downloading iclone 7 via the hub and it keeps telling me: "INSTALLATION WAS CANCELLED, ALL UPDATE PROCESSES WILL STOP" what do I do?
By Postfrosch - Last Year
anyone else can verify this in IC?

Of course you can be helped.

You have activated the function "Hide Inner Mesh".
The program hid the inner mesh under armor skirt
If you take off the skirt in IClone now, the "Inner Mesh" is still hidden. Nim In IClone 7, uncheck "hide inside mesh" and your avatar should be complete again.
Greeting Postfrosch

hj (10/9/2018)
Hi Peter

only in "Avatar Custom" and in "Animation Customs" i can not save any thing.
I can save Props
Creating  "New Folders" works only for Projects

my Reallusion "Template" and "Customs" Drive is E: not C:

With CC 3.0 and 3dXchange no Problems. Also with iClone 7.23 no Problems
The Problem started wit 7.3

best
Hans Jörgen

Hi HJ

If you are still having this issue, please do report it to Technical Support so the issue can be logged and investigated further. Thanks.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
By raxel_67 - Last Year
PNG export is not working properly https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a6f0e3c4-d38a-4a84-a679-91c8.png
By lunarny - Last Year
This is a very helpful thread. Thanks so much for enlightening me on the best system for smooth realtime playback. Looks like a high-end Alienware, MSI or ASUS will be my next purchase.
By hoodTRONIK - Last Year
I just exported 3 animated cameras with an animated character and scene from iClone to C4D.  None of the 3 cameras had their animations, but were keyframed in C4D as if it did.  Is anyone else having this same issue?
By hj - Last Year
Hi Peter

i can not create e new folder
also i can not save any character with iClone 7.3

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0c7e6d9d-240a-41c5-9ee5-0481.jpg

best
Hans Jörgen
By Space Rider - Last Year
Thanks for the reply but that only makes it worse. Shows more of his um Arse, The grey area (pockets disappear and show skin.) 
{That result was from unchecking the Hide inner Mesh on the whole Character itself selected. NOW going directly to the Pants and selecting that in the scene manager unchecking Hide inner Mesh,  that works.
Thank you for the help.   
danmiller (10/9/2018)
I was hoping my issue would be fixed.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3e04e1d2-521e-40a1-baa1-1d78.jpg

Dan... you are going to need to explain more about what you did leading up to that issue occurring. A screenshot with no further details doesn't really help. 

Note: If you reported it previously, please post a link back to your original report. Thanks.
By lunarny - Last Year
Hi everyone. It seems that the responsiveness of the characters is slowing down on my system and I'm wondering if it's my hardware or user error (not surprising if it's the latter, as I'm relatively new to IC and new to PCs in general, having used Apple for 30+ years). When using Motion Live and Live Face or FaceWare the realtime expressiveness of the characters is glitchy and seems to be dropping frames. Sometimes the motion is smooth, but between the smooth sections there's dropout that prevents getting a nice clean realtime performance. Any suggestions? I'm running IC 7.3.2127.1 and CC3. 

Computer: Asus ROG 6771, i7 4720 HQ 2.60 Ghz 8GB RAM.

Thank you!
Dear iClone Users,

It's that time again when we have another new iClone 7 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues.

iClone 7.3 adds several new features and enhancements and also comes a number of important fixes.

Important: If you do find any new bugs, issues or glitches in the 7.3 update, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better. If the issue has been previously reported, please post a link the original report.

Many Thanks as always. Smile             
hj (10/8/2018)
Hi Peter

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0c7e6d9d-240a-41c5-9ee5-0481.jpg

best
Hans Jörgen

Hi HJ

I also can't reproduce this issue. 

Can you tell is if this is only happening for characters? Are you able to save projects, props etc?

Also if it is only characters, is it just CC3 characters or all characters?

Thanks.
By Space Rider - Last Year
When I come to the forum now, iread and stop on a post to coment and then must sign in. I do and I get the darn capta game 10x screens to go through..then sign in and it gives me this message : The following problem occurred...                        The topic or posts you are trying to access no longer exist. These may have been deleted or hidden.  Such a pain in the Arse RL.

NOW, on to the main problem:
 I am in CC3 and morphing the Warrior, all OK, send it to IC 7.3, all OK.
Then I spin the character as I remove some garments and get this.... LOL thanks RL for the Moon shot....LOL anyone else can verify this in IC?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e00ee7db-007d-42a9-bf55-3a48.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0298bd79-c2e2-4b99-8f3f-3f0a.jpg
By animagic - Last Year
Dragonskunk (10/15/2018)
Here's a doozy of a bug for v7.3.2205.1
Only on my desktop W10 64b v1607 

I've found the newer required NVDIA drivers don't work (or don't even install) unless you have at least Windows 10 v1803. So that's not surprising.
By msillmon - Last Year
I am missing the export to Character Creator 3 feature, after I installed iclone 7.3?
Can someone please tell me why I can no longer open my content sub-folders with a double-click? It happened four days ago [see post above], and I completed the feedback tracker. The headings are there for all content, but I can only open them by right-clicking to find the file and drop it in the scene.
I could try uninstalling iClone 7.3, then reinstalling I guess, but I'm worried about losing or not being able to re-easily access my bought content, saved projects and custom characters etc.  I'm hoping I've accidentally pressed something that hides sub-folders, but can't see how. Any thoughts please? Thank you.
By animagic - Last Year
As I am away from home during the summer (staying in cooler Canada), I purchased a laptop to continue to work on my iClone projects (three months without iClone is too much...Tongue).

I settled for an Alienware 17 R5 laptop with 16 GB of RAM and a GTX 1070 with 8 GB of VRAM. There is a version with the more powerful 1080, but people complained of overheating, so I went for its more modest brother.

I can say that it has been working quite well. Dell lets you customize their products, so I made some changes to the base model, such as a larger system drive (a 512 GB SSD). I have a second regular hard drive of 1 TB and the an external hard drive of 4 TB. Between content and rendering, you need large amounts of space!

The external drive is connected via USB 3 and has performed well. There is also a USB-C connection, which is even faster, I believe. I haven't used that yet.

One reason to go for the Alienware is that there is an option to connect an external GPU, so if there is need I can have an additional more powerful card.

I was always quite reluctant to consider a laptop, but I'm quite satisfied with what I've got. My system came to around $2,000, so that's what you're looking at.
By raxel_67 - Last Year
thanks you just saved my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By justaviking - Last Year
@Bexley - Please enter it into Feedback Tracker (complete with your great pictures that demonstrate the problem).  That way the issue doesn't get lost in the forum fog and clutter.  I hope they fix it.
By Kelleytoons - Last Year
Your problem, of course, is that "road warrior" aspect of your needs.  For a laptop you want, essentially, the best gaming computer you can buy.  So, pretty much something like a high end MSI.  It will be pricey, and heavy, and eventually you will decide that maybe it's not worth carrying and you can just park it somewhere and use it there, but it's about your only choice for good iClone performance.
animagic (10/15/2018)
Dragonskunk (10/15/2018)

I've found the newer required NVDIA drivers don't work (or don't even install) unless you have at least Windows 10 v1803. So that's not surprising.

As long as the Nvidia version is the one iClone requires you to have for it to work installs, and it does, I'm good. Just needs a bit of putting it R and D a few times for it to work.

By danmiller - Last Year
I was hoping my issue would be fixed.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3e04e1d2-521e-40a1-baa1-1d78.jpg
By wires - Last Year
hj (10/8/2018)
Hi Peter

***** Image removed to save space *****
best
Hans Jörgen

I can't reproduce the issue using the original release version, I haven't installed the "quick" update patch though.
By 4u2ges - Last Year
I have one issue to report and a question.

Issue
Remove Object Animation no longer properly works for props with sub-props hierarchy. If both the prop and sub-prop were animated at some point and you wish to apply Remove Object Animation (ROA) to the prop, the result is unpredictable.
To have all "freeze" at a given frame, you have to  apply ROA to ALL sub-props first. And for complex hierarchy you have to start from the very bottom and make your way up. Too bad as it takes extra time and very inconvenient.
Is everyone experience the same?

Question
What is "Static Noise (Smooth Color Banding)" in the "Effect" section of the "Project" on the timeline? Looks like something good Smile. But how to control it? The key seems to move to the scrabber if you do Remove Scene Animation.

Both in the video:

Solved! Thank you Peter, I must have moved it by mistake! Much appreciated.
not my laptop W10 64b v1803 
iClone will not show my timeline
MANUAL SAYS:
You can open the Timeline panel in any of the following ways:
  •       Access the Window >> Timeline command from the main menu bar.   
  •       Use the hotkey F3.   
  •       Click the Timeline button on the play bar.
All 3, it's NOPE, NOPE, and NOPE.
Existing projects or a new project. Any workspace.
I'm gonna have to roll back.