Nomore facial features ?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic384247.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By charly Rama - 6 Years Ago
I wa so surprised after updating to iclone 7.3 that i posted at the wrong section (character creator) so I post it here. I've manytimes used facial features and after update, oohh surprise, no more facial features. C'm on guys are you serious? If it's like that, for me, we don't move forward with iclone, we go back
By wires - 6 Years Ago
Facial features adjustment is still available for Characters up to and including G5 Avatars, it is not available for CC Avatars for some reason.
By toystorylab - 6 Years Ago
Well, i was glad i did not upgrade to 7.3 because of broken FPS Rate in Export, but the list seems to get longer Pinch
By animagic - 6 Years Ago
I just checked, and I can change facial features for my CC characters. This includes a character I exported from CC3.
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
charly Rama (9/30/2018)
I wa so surprised after updating to iclone 7.3 that i posted at the wrong section (character creator) so I post it here. I've manytimes used facial features and after update, oohh surprise, no more facial features. C'm on guys are you serious? If it's like that, for me, we don't move forward with iclone, we go back

I can't find any problems myself.

Please can you explain more about this and include the steps you take leading up to the problem. Thanks.
In Iclone 7.2 , there was a buttom called "facial features" where I could adjust teeth and tongue. And since I have 7.3, I do no more find this. I 've serched but I didn't find it anymore. Animagic, you're lucky, so the place of it has changed ? could you tell me where to find it at Iclone ?
The Facial Features option always only worked for G5 and earlier standard characters.

Here is the relevant part from the iClone 7.2 manual:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2bf0c86e-5bd8-412d-ae16-6d03.png

So selecting a G5 character will bring up the option. For CC there are other settings which are more advanced:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4931e83c-4529-44b5-b389-26f9.png
no, no, I always used facial features after mocap for all my CC characters and not only G5, I need it for adjust the tongue position.  I'm at work now but this evening, I'll post an picture of it but, as I updated to 7.3, it is no more available, but I'll try to install the 7.2 on my laptop and make a picture of it
By wires - 6 Years Ago
I don't have 7.2 installed anymore, but I seem to recall that it was available for CC characters. The Screen shot below shows a CC2 character exported out of CC2 for iClone 6.5, and in 6.5 this feature was available even for CC characters.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c9f3d6b2-dde9-4ed5-a6f0-fa07.png

Maybe someone who still has 7.2 installed could check this.
By 4u2ges - 6 Years Ago
As far as I remember it was in 7.2 (and I still have it in 6.5 of course).
Yes, it is gone for good without any replacement. But tong morphs should have been a replacement. It is a long overdue feature. I am surprised nobody asked for it in FT yet (or have they?).
Now they are going to say just bring DAZ characters with tong morphs. No, it should be standard!
I have another system with 7.2 on it, so I'll check. The manual I cited (which is for 7.2) is then incorrect.
As promised, I checked, and it's there in 7.22. So that looks like a missing feature.
By elliespotter - 6 Years Ago
I was hoping that CC3 would actually bring back the earlier functionality for manipulating the tongue.
It really lets the whole idea of improved facial expression down.

Sure, it was a project in itself to manually create the morphs in 3D Exchange to get a G5 character to lick their lips but it was possible.

I am very disappointed with RL for losing this useful feature. Indeed, I would poke my tongue out in a gesture of annoyance but the option is not available to me!
Aqjusting tongue and teeth directly in Iclone was a great thing, I'm so disapointed too, It's not serious guys.