Any one having trouble importing Daz characters in CC3?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic384146.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By zeek1 - 6 Years Ago
I've watch the tutorials even the latest with the T pose import and I'm still getting a not compatible message. Any help would be much appreciated. 
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
You don't need to post your message more than once.

First of all, what particular Daz figure are you trying to import?  Certain ones *are* problematic, for a wide variety of reasons, but if you let me know which one you're trying to get in I can tell you how (or if it's impossible).
By zeek1 - 6 Years Ago
Thanks Kellytoons for the response [note: The double post was an accident]. I've watched a few of your tutorials and I'm going try out your plugin and hopefully that fixes the problem. My characters are fully clothing characters like the examples you were using. Nothing out the norm. Also side note, your cartoon is really nice. I was very impress. I'll be watching a lot of your videos and tutorials on those too. Thanks again for the help. 
Okay, but it will really help if you get specific with anything that is causing the problem.  Again, I have *most* all of Daz stuff (no one can buy everything :>Wink and if you specify I can try it myself to track it down (there are some definite issues with some things).

Also -- and this may or may not be the case -- I *think* the release candidate of CC3 is "broken" at least in terms of getting a LOT of Daz characters in.  Since it's been released I've never had more trouble (having failures that crash CC3 about 9 out of 10 times).  I've got an RT issue in so hopefully we'll get feedback on this soon.
By zeek1 - 6 Years Ago
It's the character I believe. It stops around 20% during the transfer load while it's searching for it's source file. Others I've loaded in doesn't have that problem so I'm looking into it. Make sure I installed everything apart of that character in Daz right or something.
Okay, but, again, if you let me know which one I can fully check it out.  And does it just "stop" and not go further, or does it crash CC3?  Some characters with bake textures (okay, a LOT of them) are crashing CC3 and that's what I reported.  I have workarounds for this but your character may not need it.

Keep us posted.
By zeek1 - 6 Years Ago
It's the Halina HD character for Kalea 7. It just stops. CC3 doesn't crashes, it just pretty much aborts the transfer and keeps the original figure.
Okay, this is not your issue.  It is, indeed, another one that is killed CC3 (on my own system it actually crashes CC3).

I will report this -- hopefully we'll hear something SOON.
By zeek1 - 6 Years Ago
I just got it to work. It was the nail system for the GF3 that wasn't allowing it to import. I forgot the name of the product but once you install it it's in the anatomy folder in GF3. Anyways CC3 won't allow that to import with the character for whatever reasons. That was the problem, for me anyway. I did a a character test on the Halina character as she is and had no problems either.
Hmmm, did you import her with textures (baking them in?)  I didn't even use that nail system and still can crash the system with textures.
By zeek1 - 6 Years Ago
Yep it imports just fine. Textures and all. I haven't use your plugin with it  though. I just send them straight in after exporting from Daz. So I don't know if that's a reason. I know your plugin crashed once with me but I don't believe it was because of the plugin because it crashed a few other times before I even knew of it so I'm sure it was something on my end I was doing wrong or too much of.
When you say "with the textures" does that mean you fill out the ini file with all the Daz textures?  Because that's the only way you can get them in there (my plugin just does it automatically, but you can put them in yourself, although it's tedious).  You can't drag them over afterwards, nor does it come in with Daz textures if the ini file isn't completely filled out (other than the diffuse).

If you ARE able to do this I'm stumped as to why I'm having so many problems.  I'll have to check it out with RL (maybe file a trouble ticket instead of an error report).
By zeek1 - 6 Years Ago
Yep fully baked. I didn't use your plugin though. I don't know if that's the reason for your CC3 crashing or not. I just bring them in straight from Daz export.
You can't bring them in fully baked from Daz export unless you fill out the ini yourself -- and I'm impressed you did that.

Care to share what it looks like?  (I'd like to compare it to what my plugin generates).