iClone 7 & Kinect plugin on a laptop?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic381124.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By donald.dade - 6 Years Ago
Hello all,

I need to have a portable means to capture with my Kinect2, but my laptop has really meager Intel HD 630 graphics. Has anyone tried doing just the minimum of mocap with the Kinect plugin on a laptop without a decent GPU? I can't believe I'm going to have to buy an additional seat for iClone and the Kinect plugin for every location where I might want to capture, when it's just me.

Thanks,

Donald
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
Run the Kinect testing software on your laptop (it's from MS and you can find it with a search).  It will check things out and let you know if it can handle things.

However -- in general iClone 7 won't run well on such a machine (might be adequate for just the capture process.  Or it might not run at all.  I couldn't run it at all on my Dell brand new XPS 15 laptop with integrated graphics, so I sent it back and got a gaming laptop).
Thank you for your reply. That's what I was afraid of... I think I will have to get a gaming laptop as well.
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
Look at MSI.  They make some great ones.
Thank you, that was going to be my next question Smile
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

I can verify that the MSI model GT72VR 7RE works fine with the Kinect V2 sensor for mocap (regarding compatibility and adequate capture frame-rate), but 'results' obtained depend on software used.
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago
edit
That would do nicely, even more than I think I would need.