iClone to CC2

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic380829.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Dan Miller - 6 Years Ago
How do I take a character from iClone to CC2?

Here is the pipeline I'm attempting:

Make Human -> Mixamo for rigging ->  3DXchange Pipeline -> iClone 7 -> CC2 -> Export as FBX

All of this may not be necessary with the stand alone CC3 so maybe the new pipeline would be:
Make Human -> Mixamo -> CC3 -> FBX

I'm trying to come up with characters that I can sell on the Unity Asset store. If this pipeline is a violation of the license, please let me know because I'm not trying to do that. I think with bringing in outside models that I would be aligned with the Reallusion license, but trying to clear this up before moving forward. Thanks.

By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Hi Dan

Character Creator 2 only works with our proprietary CC type characters. You can't bring in characters with custom bone rigs into CC.

You can bring in custom bone rig characters into iClone 7 by using 3DXchange 7 Pro/Pipeline to convert them to non-standard characters. The characters will then be able to use all standard motion clips but can't use clothing designed for CC type characters.

However as I mentioned in your other threads, any characters exported from Character Creator 2/3 can't be sold outside of the Reallusion Stores.
By Dan Miller - 6 Years Ago
Got it, thanks. I will not make any further attempts to use non standard characters in this manner.