New to CC, beginner's questions...

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic380621.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By magiccak - 6 Years Ago
Hi,
I'm new to this hobby and have a few questions. I would like to pre-order Character Creator 3 but I'm confused about clothing, hair and facial hair, accessories etc. system. When I'll create a character in my officialy bought copy of CC and would like to give it some clothes, will I need to only choose from stuff I'll get with my copy or buy some essential pack or can I somehow download or maybe even create my own clothes for free? How is it with exporting to .stl files? I would like to 3D print my models.. Can I get any discount as a student? Till when are pre-orders available and will be final product really more expensive?

Looking forward for any useful answers, thanks guys! :-D
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Hi...

With Character Creator 3 Pipeline you can buy additional pre-made add-on packs, or you can import clothing, hair and accessories in OBJ format and apply them to your character in CC3. This new import option allows you to bring in unlimited clothing, hair or accessories from sites like Daz 3D, Hivewire, Smith Micro, Turbosquid etc.

Character Creator 3 doesn't export in .STL format. You can export to OBJ or FBX formats only.

Unfortunately we don't offer individual student discounts at this time. The special pre-order prices will only be available for a little while longer so if you do plan on purchasing I would do so as soon as you can. The pre-order special price for CC3 Pipeline is currently $129. The full price is $199 but there may be other special offers at the time of release. This has not yet been confirmed.
By magiccak - 6 Years Ago
Thanks a lot buddy. But will I be able to export OBJ or FBX files and then convert them in for ex. Blender to .stl files? 
By justaviking - 6 Years Ago
voflidr (9/16/2018)
I'm new to this hobby...

Greetings.

Stop by the "Newbie - Say Hello" section of the forum and introduce yourself.

What experience (if any) do you have with 2D/3D animation, modeling, texturing, etc.
What Reallusion products are you going to use?  (CC, obviously).
What do you hope to do?  Get rich making movies?  Entertain friends and family?  Use if for work?  Just a hobby?

By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
voflidr (9/16/2018)
Thanks a lot buddy. But will I be able to export OBJ or FBX files and then convert them in for ex. Blender to .stl files? 

The FBX or OBJ files exported can be opened in Blender so you shouldn't have any problems then exporting to .STL format.