Failed to update G3 character

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic379203.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By kvanes - 6 Years Ago
Hi, can anyone help me with this character creation problem?
- I've made a cartoon character using the AI template file Elastic_Folks_Front.ai. I've kept all the layers and layer names exactly the same.
- I then output the AI file to Photoshop (Export As..., Use Art boards, Write Layers) to create the PSD file of the cartoon character.
- In CrazyTalk 3 I then open up the G3 template character Human Motion Bone_F (indeed, I've created a forward looking character).
- Then I use the Import PSD Assets button to import the layered Photoshop file that I have just created and map it on the Human Motion Bone_F template.
- Now I get an error message "Failed to update G3 character, Your PSD file character does not match character type".

Before trying this out, I had tested if I can use the Elastic_Folks_Front.psd file and this worked well.
Has anyone experienced this problem? What could I be doing wrong? Can you give me a hint as to what might be the problem? Thanks so much in advance!     
By kylelee - 6 Years Ago
The result of the message has a lot of situation,
such as naming incorrect,  layer order incorrect, missing group, etc...
I cannot tell you which reason caused, but if you can provide a PSD or Ai file to me, I will help you to solve this issue.