Genesis 8 Duf Files not working

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic377084.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Rockitscience - 6 Years Ago
I am having a few issues with the Genesis 8 import – Basically what happens is that when I add the gen 8 pose file I get the eye blinks, closes and winks and the mouth opens and closes.

No other lip or brow movement. 

I have the gen 8 morph kit for the face (not the body morphs) and the poses are in there. As I can see and move them on the pose controls. 

To make sure it wasn't just that they upgraded Daz I loaded up Genesis 1 and 2 and the face morphs for that work fine, I have the Gen 3 figure but not the body/face morphs for that, (I wouldn't think that would carry over to gen 8 - but you never know which is why I mention it) 

A

By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Do make sure you have correctly copied the appropriate  "Reallusion" folder to Daz Studio.

So for example copy the Reallusion folder from iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7\DAZ Genesis Extension\Daz Genesis to iClone\Genesis8_Female to the location below (default install).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

Then make sure you restart Daz Studio for the changes to take effect. Now once you apply the Genesis8_Female_iCloneFaceKey.duf file to your character it should be correctly assigned. Then do the same for the Male character and Genesis 3 characters if required. Instructions are also supplied in the iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7.zip file.
By pruiz - 6 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (8/27/2018)
Do make sure you have correctly copied the appropriate  "Reallusion" folder to Daz Studio.

So for example copy the Reallusion folder from iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7\DAZ Genesis Extension\Daz Genesis to iClone\Genesis8_Female to the location below (default install).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

Then make sure you restart Daz Studio for the changes to take effect. Now once you apply the Genesis8_Female_iCloneFaceKey.duf file to your character it should be correctly assigned. Then do the same for the Male character and Genesis 3 characters if required. Instructions are also supplied in the iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7.zip file.

Peter,
While on the subject of importing/exporting G8F - could you help in clarifying the export motion clip from iclone 7 - via 3dx pipeline - to Daz as BVH.
I have read a thread on Daz forums that says it is doable but have not been able to replicate without distortions on import of the BVH to Daz.
It used to be a problem with G3F but that is fixed with the latest release of iclone 7. It has something to do with the Daz A pose in G8F conversion to Tpose in iclone and then the reverse. Any help or direction much appreciated. I have been messing with this for days to no avail.