FBXKEY Mistery

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic375266.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 4u2ges - 6 Years Ago
I have read couple of post about missing fbxkey while characters are exported to FBX. Never believed it.
Apparently it is true. If you export a character and include a custom motion, the key is never created.
I needed specific motions in Blender testing a cloth and I needed to bring it back after tweaking. To my surprise I found no key.
I then tried to export a base character with some motions... same problem.
Workaround was to export the same character second time with no motions and use generated key to bring original one back... Weird!

I hope CC3 does not suffer this straight out of the box.
By Rampa - 6 Years Ago
You can actually use any FBXKey file for any character. But try and use one that is as similar as possible because of offset data. Exporting a couple for your common characters is a good idea. Then you just use them in a pinch. Wink
By 4u2ges - 6 Years Ago
It would probably work fine in most cases, but once in a while it would freak out in a sneaky way.
Mixing and matching fbxkeys cost me once. My character imported without a problem. I could animate and dress it.
But on later date I found out, that applying certain CC morphs would blow a character out of proportion. Had to go back find original character before the mods...
Since then I only use original, freshly generated keys. Time is an essence. Wink
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
4u2ges (8/6/2018)
I have read couple of post about missing fbxkey while characters are exported to FBX. Never believed it.
Apparently it is true. If you export a character and include a custom motion, the key is never created.
I needed specific motions in Blender testing a cloth and I needed to bring it back after tweaking. To my surprise I found no key.
I then tried to export a base character with some motions... same problem.
Workaround was to export the same character second time with no motions and use generated key to bring original one back... Weird!

I hope CC3 does not suffer this straight out of the box.

This issue should be fixed in CC3. Smile
By 4u2ges - 6 Years Ago
Thank you for confirming that Peter Smile