Daz Genesis8_X_iCloneFaceKey.duf and Genesis3_X_iCloneFaceKey.duf issues

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic370926.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By fsilva - 6 Years Ago
The reason I'm inquiring if the output files from Daz, Genesis3 Male & Female and Genesis8 Male and Female are working appropriately. I followed very closely Kai's tutorial after Reallusion updated the duf files, but in Kai's video, I could see much more facial movements than my iAvatar files. I included an iAvatar as a test model so you can take it out for a spin. All comments and feeback are gratefully accepted. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rULXCdfhyF0n2ML5uwM67Z8tpVgUZHpe
By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
This is just a “dumb” suggestion, but have you tweaked the settings in iclone for strength in the animation tab? I’m not sure what %Kai was using for facial expression in his video. He may have dialed it in a bit higher. I’ve genrally been pleased with the dud files but found for cartoon style expressions you really had to dial those in individually. Just a thought!
By fsilva - 6 Years Ago
To further substantiate my claims, I went into face puppet. This was the message iClone gave me...
"Due to insufficient expression data of the target character, sliders of the Face Key and Face Puppet panels may be partially disabled. Use 3DXchange 7 to fill out the expression data."
By fsilva - 6 Years Ago
Here's the event...

By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
Hmmm... I’ve knly seen that error when I’ve used an older character prior to the facial animation update. The new dud files have a lot more expressions. That error pops up when I have a character with not enough expressions mapped to it. Are you certain you are using the latest DUF file? Also are you making sure Daz adds all of the additional frames for the DUF file? There should be something like 80, I’ll have to double check. But it’s a considerably larger amount than what we had in the old iclone 6 DUF files. This isn’t a great solution, but if you have a deadline you can map out the missing expressions by hand using a combination of morphs. It’s a PITA, but it’ll work.
By damianabel - 6 Years Ago
The same thing is happening to me. Any solution?
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Do make sure you have correctly copied the appropriate  "Reallusion" folder to Daz Studio.

So for example copy the Reallusion folder from iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7\DAZ Genesis Extension\Daz Genesis to iClone\Genesis3_Female to the location below (default install).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs

Then make sure you restart Daz Studio for the changes to take effect. Now once you apply the Genesis3_Female_iCloneFaceKey.duf file to your character it should be correctly assigned. Then do the same for the male and Genesis 8 characters. Instructions are also supplied in the iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7.zip file.
By fsilva - 6 Years Ago
Peter, as así posted before, Not every Daz user has the same configuration. For example, the default configuration so that the Reallusion folder can work in Daz automatically determines that EVERY Daz user has Daz Studio installed in the C:\ drive as a default. On my system, I have a small SSD drive for my Windows boot drive. Every other application is in either my D, F J or L drives. The only time I got the ver. 4 Duf to work was when I installed Daz on my laptop, which, of course, defaults only to a C:\ drive. In fact, I even installed Daz Studio 4.10 on the laptop and the Duf didn't work. Only when Daz Studio 4.9 was installed on the laptop was when I was able to get the 58 facial expressions. Now, I ask you, what version of Daz Studio are your staff using. It's difficult to get the same results if we don't know what the ver. 4 .Duf was developed on.
By fsilva - 6 Years Ago
fsilva (8/3/2018)
Peter, as así posted before, Not every Daz user has the same configuration. For example, the default configuration so that the Reallusion folder can work in Daz automatically determines that EVERY Daz user has Daz Studio installed in the C:\ drive as a default. On my system, I have a small SSD drive for my Windows boot drive. Every other application is in either my D, F J or L drives. The only time I got the ver. 4 Duf to work was when I installed Daz on my laptop, which, of course, defaults only to a C:\ drive. In fact, I even installed Daz Studio 4.10 on the laptop and the Duf didn't work. Only when Daz Studio 4.9 was installed on the laptop was when I was able to get the 58 facial expressions. Now, I ask you, what version of Daz Studio are your staff using. It's difficult to get the same results if we don't know what the ver. 4 .Duf was developed on.

By Rampa - 6 Years Ago
Also make sure you are not running DAZ as administrator. That seems to mess it up.
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
fsilva (8/3/2018)

Apologies for the late reply.

I'm using Daz Studio 4.10. I have the Daz Studio program files installed on the C: drive but all the Daz content is on the D: drive to save space on the SSD. With this setup the DUF files work perfectly when the steps I provided previously are followed carefully.
By fsilva - 6 Years Ago
OK, so after many changes to my hardware, I was finally able to get Daz 4.10 to do its thing with the iclone ver. 4 .DUF. I have a much simpler question. Since I literally had to reinstall Windows 10 and all programs, How can i tell iClone 7 where to store the iAvatars. I know I did it before, but I have no recollection how I did it. Thank you all for your suggestions. We're getting there!
By animagic - 6 Years Ago
fsilva (8/27/2018)
How can i tell iClone 7 where to store the iAvatars. I know I did it before, but I have no recollection how I did it. Thank you all for your suggestions. We're getting there!

During installation of iClone 7, you can specify the location of the Template and Custom folders if you don't want to use the defaults.

The Template folder is where all iClone content goes (included or bought), including iAvatars. The Custom folder holds everything you create yourself.