Faceware Profile

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic370231.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Grace (RL) - 6 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e30545a7-098b-4d79-bf6f-9fe5.bmp

Here is the dedicated forum of the Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in.
Learn how to make it work from the Manual, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts and works!

Note: For the discussions on the previous Perception Neuron Plug-in, please refer to this forum

By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
It doesn't work.

No matter how I try it, it says "Failed to connect Faceware Live".
By GroopFace - 6 Years Ago
I AM Having the same issue.
Any Help?
By Zeronimo - 6 Years Ago
I can join the club, I have exactly the same problem.
However, I followed scrupulously the instructions of the documentation, and despite that at every time I have the message: Failed to connect to Faceware live.
By charly Rama - 6 Years Ago
Neither for me. Why doesn'it work for anybody ? a solution for it ?
By tycho6 - 6 Years Ago
charly Rama (6/20/2018)
Neither for me. Why doesn'it work for anybody ? a solution for it ?

Okay !
Do you have iClone 7.22 installed and Faceware Realtime for iClone up and running.
Motion Live Plug-In and Faceware Profile installed ?
Can you select Faceware Realtime in the Motion Live Gear list ?
Works fine after sorting out the activation process for Faceware Realtime.

I work with Faceware Realtime for iClone and the Motion Live Plug-In.

Faceware Live I cannot select since I don't have it . . .
http://facewaretech.com/products/software/realtime-live/

Anyone else using Motion Live and can comment ?

Regards,

Marcus
By charly Rama - 6 Years Ago
Okay, okay, confusion comes from the fact that we confuse faceware live and faceware realtime. If you do not have live faceware (bought other than the one that comes with iclone) you have to select REALTIME that works perfectly. sorry for the confusion
By bryntowns - 5 Years Ago
Of everything I have purchased / considered purchasing from Reallusion this has got to be THE most disappointing. It took me 3 weeks off and on to get the software to talk to my iPhone and even when it did, the facial mapping and mesh is so unresposive on screen I really can't justify investing any money in it. Very poor from a company I have spent a small fortune with - the least they could do is make this available on your webcam like Adobe have in their Character Animator program.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
bryntowns (6/30/2019)
Of everything I have purchased / considered purchasing from Reallusion this has got to be THE most disappointing. It took me 3 weeks off and on to get the software to talk to my iPhone and even when it did, the facial mapping and mesh is so unresposive on screen I really can't justify investing any money in it. Very poor from a company I have spent a small fortune with - the least they could do is make this available on your webcam like Adobe have in their Character Animator program.

You must be doing something wrong. Mike Kelley has reported excellent results with LIVE Face (better than Faceware), so maybe he can help out.
By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
I saw his post, Job, but was unsure whether to comment on it.  Some folks have knocked both Live Face and Faceware as not capturing ALL the expressiveness of a face, which is true (mostly it captures lips and eyes/eyebrows, although Live Face does seem to do a better job conveying the cheek movements).  On re-reading this, though, it seems like he's saying it's not working at all, or perhaps so sluggish he can't see a real face.  I know folks have reported issues with their wi-fi (which is the only connection I use, but I have a very good router and I'm sitting right on top of it, essentially, with no other traffic).  I also have seen people who say that the face skips or jumps sometimes but honestly I NEVER look at the face while I'm recording (I'm either reading text on screen, or just "acting", but trying to look at a character would be a distraction) so I wonder if he might just record something and see if it works after the fact.

I've never had any issues with using either Faceware or Live Face other than stupid user errors.  But who knows?  I'm using the original iPhone X, I have a VERY fast computer (top of the line a year ago) with a VERY powerful GPU (the Titan) and that might make all the difference in the world (or not).

Given there are a lot of components in this process (the iPhone itself, the app on it, the Live Face profile, the Motion Live and finally, iClone and whatever the avatar he's using is) it would be hard to troubleshoot but I'm sure RL would help if he would just file something under support.