iClone projects .... we're keen to know what you're doing ! .....

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic367192.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Hi all, .... yes I (we) are keen to know about
any current iClone projects that are underway by fellow 'iClonians'.
If you're involved in a project - it would be nice to hear about - your approach, challenges/difficulties, thoughts, aims and aspirations, techniques, - 'whatever' ....
Then 'other' iClone members could 'offer constructive comments' and / or advice ... Smile   don't be backward in coming forward ...  Smile

By ckalan1 - 6 Years Ago
I am working on CLICS. You can see more about it at http://clics.online 
Some say it is a story about corporate greed run amuck others say it is an intergalactic love story. 
I am currently working on the trailer. 
Iclone is turning out to be much more powerful than I ever imagined.

Craig
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
sonic7 (5/4/2018)
 I (we)

Ah, the Royal "We".  

(This would be where I would normally say "Hey, keep your royal wee back in your pants where it belongs" but I won't, of course.  Because the proper response is then - "We are not amused").

We here are working on a wide variety of things, but as chief cook and bottle washer I will report on them as they near completion.

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Hello Craig!
Yes the 'CLICS' project is a team effort to make a feature-length animated movie.... 
http://clics.online/about-the-project/

I believe the project has been divided into 28 parts, or 'episodes'. Craig, did you care to talk about any of the following?:
● your involvement
● the challenges you've faced doing this
● the anticipated time frame (completion date for the project)

@Mike - ha ha ... yes the Royal 'we' (hoping of course the subject will be of wider interest than just myself!) Smile
By mark - 6 Years Ago
Just finished a new set of stage projections for the stage play "The Addams Family Musical"

By ckalan1 - 6 Years Ago
This is very nice work Mark. I am looking forward to seeing your project come to life.
Craig

By mark - 6 Years Ago
Thanks Craig! The problem for me is I usually don't get to see them "come to life". They are being used "live" on theatrical stages around the world LOL Tongue
Although a producer did sent me a live streaming link, awhile back from their stage, at a school in Miami Florida. I got see their performance live of "The Lion King" using my projections...now that was pretty cool!!!Smile
By animagic - 6 Years Ago
I'm working on something that doesn't involve Pinhead...Unsure I'll have more soon.
By mark - 6 Years Ago
animagic (5/4/2018)
I'm working on something that doesn't involve Pinhead...Unsure I'll have more soon.

Uh Oh!!! Have you and Walter P. had a falling out??? TongueTongueTongue
By ckalan1 - 6 Years Ago
This is a very remarkable use of iclone. I would love to see a live show. Any going on in SoCal? 
Craig
By mark - 6 Years Ago
Last few weeks I've had a few orders for shows that are in Calif. but it's all the way from elementary schools, to universities, to community theater groups so the quality of the video projection can vary quite a bit... if you know what I mean. w00t

The best venue I've seen is Miami Country Day School. They have a beautiful theater with a massive screen on stage and massive screens on the left and right of the auditorium. I created special animations for the left and right screens for that venue. But, of course, it's all run by a guy who really knows what he's doing. BigGrin

Back a few years ago, when I started all this, there was a show in the Duchess Theater in London that used my Wizard of OZ package. That's one I really wish I could have seen. The drama critic was very kind with his review of the show.Wink
By Rogue Anime - 6 Years Ago
Friends - I don't share allot here, since most of it is client projects I'm not particularly thrilled with, and everyone's work here is so polished I'll admit to being a bit shy and somewhat intimidated..... 
This is a short clip from a client project for a group in New York. Due to NDA's, (client confidentiality) I had been unable to share any of it until now. 
So - Here's an example,  allot went into what will be the finished feature, and we are happy with OUR end so far. The MUSIC, however.... Crying
The next and final post on this will be complete with dialogue, storyline, graphics etc. as I begin the switchover to my new company, "Maximum Anime"

This has been a WIP since 2016 (I know - CRAZY - working @ the client's pace - OY!Crazy 
This will be a rock opera, "A Rock-N-Roll Fantasy" with a TRT of approximately 40 minutes. My Partner & I hope to release it by the fall of this year.  
(I didn't do the music, so shoot the piano player!!)  ~V~

Val Anderson: Character & costume design, Lighting & art design
Jason Shaw: Set design; cameras, animation
Software used: iClone 7, Character Creator 2, 3DXchange, Neuron MOCAP

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Val >> ".......  I'll admit to being a bit shy and somewhat intimidated.....     ......."   Aw Val .... no need ... art is art !!
.... thanks for sharing !!  Smile
By TonyDPrime - 6 Years Ago
I'll throw some pose-ifications in here:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/099fba58-f024-43aa-8452-6bf6.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/70243025-a738-47c0-9079-13b9.jpg
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

@ mark ... Great background animations .... makes me want to put on a production! - thanks for sharing Smile
@ Tony ...yes, well I said in my 'opening thread' ... "don't be backward in coming forward" .... I see you've taken me up on that! Wow
By Walt_R - 6 Years Ago

Working on Part 2, episode 2 of Fireball XL5 Flight to Danger.
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago
Great stuff Walt! I noticed some additional 'audio' (at 10m:37s) ... 'Love lifts us up where we belong' - was that intentional?
By TonyDPrime - 6 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c54a610a-bcd6-4594-a68c-8583.jpg
I my current project, I am using LUT to achieve a specific look, fitting the subject matter. Here are some examples:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/733b514d-085f-4b3a-b8eb-ce47.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a46a74f9-aac7-4799-885c-4412.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/93099f57-23ca-4ebb-917c-fc53.jpg
By Walt_R - 6 Years Ago
sonic7 (5/5/2018)

Great stuff Walt! I noticed some additional 'audio'
(at 10m:37s) ... 'Love lifts us up where we belong' - was that intentional?

Yes it was. It's my way of making the episodes slightly different. Thanks for noticing and watching. I appreciate it.BigGrin
By jlittle - 6 Years Ago
animagic (5/4/2018)

What! Doesn't involve Pinhead? Blasphemous!
Or maybe not (no offense Pinhead). We'll just have to wait and see ...

By the way, I am working on resurrecting a version of the Pinhead HQ web site.
I wanted to have a place where all things Pinhead could be found.
It's a ways off yet but have at least I started it.

Jeff

By R Ham - 6 Years Ago
All,
I do appreciate seeing what other people are up to. It gives me insight into both iClone and this forum. I especially appreciate finding out that a few people are actually earning income making vids. It is inspiring.  Honest.  This is new information for me.
Thanks.
By Terry Miller - 6 Years Ago
Excellent work, Mark! I always enjoy checking out your projects. I also check YouTube on a regular basis to see if you have posted any new tutorials! :-) Nice to see the write-up about you on the Reallusion blog.
Most of my iClone work is done for my job, which is a Department of Energy contractor, so I am not able to share a lot of it (or if I do, I frequently have to wade through miles of red tape to get permission to post it "outside."). However, here is a personal project I did last summer while I was finishing up my Master's degree from Full Sail. There are some things that I would do differently now (this was before the Curve Editor was released). 

Any critique or advice is always welcome.
Terry

By mark - 6 Years Ago
Thanks for the kind words Terry!
Very good work you're doing. I just love that "clean" look.BigGrin  I've done similar projects for Atmos Energy.using the "Mr Pose" avatars Wink
By justaviking - 6 Years Ago
@Terry - Nice work.
You made that boring topic disturbingly interesting to watch.

Rogue Anime (5/4/2018)

Friends - I don't share allot here, since most of it is client projects I'm not particularly thrilled with, and everyone's work here is so polished I'll admit to being a bit shy and somewhat intimidated

I can relate to both comments.

I have always been willing to admit most of my stuff belongs in the "bottom half" of iClone work in terms of quality.  It doesn't always totally suck, but I typically have significant aspects left unfinished; typically lighting and background/ambient sound.  I usually think my writing, basic animation, and camera work is okay, even if I should tighten up the editing more to get rid of some awkward 3/4-to-1 second pauses.

Some of iClone work I felt best about suffered (in my opinion) from very slow pacing, but I was working on someone else's project and he was in the director's seat.  So there was a lot I liked in my animation, but the final product did not feel like a showcase project..

Sadly, I'm not really doing much in iClone at the moment.  I've been dabbling a lot more in Substance Designer and Painter, and am in an iClone lull.

justaviking (5/8/2018)

You made that boring topic disturbingly interesting to watch.

That is probably the best compliment anyone could give me. Thank you.
mark (5/8/2018)
I just love that "clean" look.BigGrin  I've done similar projects for Atmos Energy.using the "Mr Pose" avatars Wink

Thanks a lot, Mark. Yes, I find that the clean look comes in very handy, especially when you are trying to use animation as a "teaching tool." It cuts out distractions.
By Famekrafts - 6 Years Ago
Well I am creating Video ads with iclone

This is my first attempt, right now working on another

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

All Great work here ....

Hey Famekrafts! ....... - Can you give us a 'rough idea' of how long this ad took you to put together?
By 4413Media - 6 Years Ago
Slowly working on one at the moment. I have some other projects to collab with writing-wise, so this is going at a snail's pace. 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f6mcA9OgWPvb7om43

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K8GiKP93t68tLjEx1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2uNLyHWgFNGkEEOA2

The film is kinda heavy to work with as far as tone, rendered in 4K TGA, so space used is heavy too. Facial expressions, lighting, angles, and set design is on the challenge list. I've been eyeing festivals for this particular one.  After this, I am not exactly sure where to go next. I might reboot my old iclone project Skygirl next. 
By Dr. Nemesis - 6 Years Ago
Working on a 70 minute movie. Not quite showing any animated footage yet, but I'm pretty happy with how it's going, so maybe soon.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/268e6596-be14-448b-886b-8617.jpg

After I fix a few last issues with the woman on the right, she'll be good to join the other completed characters in the scenes. Hard work but paying off nicely.
BenjaminTuttle (5/11/2018)
Slowly working on one at the moment.

Excellent -Top shelf. Cool ~V~

By thedirector1974 - 6 Years Ago
Hi there,

this is a really nice thread to see all the projects you guys working on. I am very happy to see, that some people even use iClone for business purposes. Very nice.

I have two projects I am working on.
First I do some clips for Reallusion, concerning the use of Faceware. There will be a showcase scene, a long tutorial and a comparison video, showing the differences between handmade facial animation and Faceware. I think you can expect to watch it in early june ...
Here is a short test clip I made from the showcase scene. It's not the final quality. I reworked the lighting and the DOF and I also reworked the use of Faceware, so the clip shows an old stage of the project.

Here are two screens from the acctual movie.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ecd3ae8-e4c2-43cf-a336-b81e.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6d056f8b-4959-4f78-96c2-ba69.jpg

And the second project is of course my "Alien" movie, I am working on for almost a year now. This is a real big project, so don't expect this to be released very soon. I will redo my camera work on the most of the scenes I already done, because I am not happy with the static camera I used early on. Now I learned more how to create a natural handheld camera look, so I will use this knowledge in this project too ...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/437f3bf6-61a4-4ca2-94c2-9df1.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2b06b1fa-15ed-4d0f-a909-9e34.jpg

Greetings, Direx
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

@BenjaminTuttle
- nice work; and I love the 2.66:1 - nice and w-i-d-e   Smile
@Dr. Nemesis - terrific render - were the shallow DOF and rendering both done in iClone?  Smile
@thedirector1974 - really looking forward to your 'Alien' movie - big job! - keep us updated - please!  Smile

By Delerna - 6 Years Ago
my first attempt at animating waves and surfers done just after when iClone 7 was released.

Intend to improve the waves now that we have popcorn particles but been too busy lately creating architecture props
Getting close to finishing those and intend to get back into it then

Went and took a lot of photos at Culburra penguinhead on the weekend and planning to create a site of this place with fishers catching fish and avoiding waves
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ec92bccd-c544-4fdc-9722-dcf4.png

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Hey ... Delerna!
- there's more to you than just 0s and 1s !!!!  
BigGrin
That's quite an interesting wave effect - I've never seen that done before! Very tricky thing to achieve I'd imagine .... (I guess there's 'maths' to a wave fuction too). The added music & atmos is a nice touch too ..... thanks for sharing!  Smile

By Delerna - 6 Years Ago
Yes it was just a little bit difficult to animate but really, not that hard. The waves, all 3 variations of them are morph animations and I will say it is surprisingly easy to do them.

Oh, and I am a very naughty boy. The music isn't mine. I got it off uTube somewhere but cant remember where and cant find it. I added it as a termporary thing while I animated it and intended to remove it. But it sounds so good I couldn't help myself from leaving it there. Blush
By Delerna - 6 Years Ago
Yes it was just a little bit difficult to animate but really, not that hard. The waves, all 3 variations of them are morph animations and I will say it is surprisingly easy to do them.

Oh, and I am a very naughty boy. The music isn't mine. I got it off uTube somewhere but cant remember where and cant find it. I added it as a termporary thing while I animated it and intended to remove it. But it sounds so good I couldn't help myself from leaving it there. Blush
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

OK .... Well, since you 'confessed'
twice - I guess we'll turn a blind eye to it - 'this time' at least .... BigGrin
(but only because you confesed twice !!!Smile
By dante1st - 6 Years Ago
I'm working on a project where my character goes after human trafficking victims and then punishes the kidnappers in a way that  would probably be too much for people here to want to watch.
By R Ham - 6 Years Ago
ne thing.
dante1st (5/11/2018)
I'm working on a project where my character goes after human trafficking victims and then punishes the kidnappers in a way that  would probably be too much for people here to want to watch.

Yours is some of the nicer iClone work I've seen. You do a nice job of showing what can be done in animation without mocap, for one thing.  I watched this one.  I liked the way you used the tool overall. Thanks.
Rottenham (5/11/2018)
dante1st (5/11/2018)

Yours is some of the nicer iClone work I've seen. You do a nice job of showing what can be done in animation without mocap, for one thing.  I watched this one.  I liked the way you used the tool overall. Thanks.

Not for the kids, that's for sure.  But pretty well done.  The editing could be tightened up to get rid of some of the pauses between lines and actions (I often notice that on my own projects, so I've become sensitive to that), but overall it's well done.  I must say, those are some seriously oblivious coworkers.  I think I know some people like that.
By R Ham - 6 Years Ago
justaviking (5/11/2018)
[quote]
Not for the kids, that's for sure.  But pretty well done.  The editing could be tightened up to get rid of some of the pauses between lines and actions (I often notice that on my own projects, so I've become sensitive to that), but overall it's well done.  I must say, those are some seriously oblivious coworkers.  I think I know some people like that.

I didn't judge it by the story at all. In fact, I left the audio muted too. I looked at animation, lighting, sets, pacing, camera work and general character detail. I guess that's because I'm trying to learn these. I have to say I appreciated the lighting. I'm so sick of everything happening in near-total darkness.

As for stories, that's another ball game. All I will say about story lines is, laughter is a sign of mental health. Laughter is missing from our lives today, wherever you look. Most noticeably the ability to laugh at ourselves is missing. It's almost as if we aren't allowed to laugh. We're all serious as a heart attack. I'd like to go against that trend if I can. Smile
By Snarp Farkle - 6 Years Ago
Well here's one that I've been changing every year since I started with iClone 5, iClone 7 gives me more to play with but I still got a lot of work to do on it but the more I do the more I learn! Smile

By urbanlamb - 6 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a6985520-6d40-4a09-bb7b-eb03.png

Well dont post much if any of me work cause I am wierd.  I just plop on youtube and let it go round and round.     However I have been working on this for some talking head videos I will be making.    Just finishing the little girl.    I am still deciding on her bones in her arms.... I probably will add a few "extras" but she was originally built not to lift her hands over her head and then i started wanting to have her life her arms.. soo more bones (maybe).  I also have uh "hair" issues, but I think i have solved em.    I opted for a skirt full of bones instead of using the soft cloth cause I found that when i went to move things it just wasn't what I wanted.    I love me bones so i will run with it.     (bones and morphs are fun and give me what i want to see instead of relying on the physics  to sort of give me what I want to see)

Anyhow next week or the week after is set building.   I originally was using toonmaker characters but I decided to replace them with something similar that had lots of face morphs for iclone 7.   Maybe one day I will make a video.. :/ 
@UrbanLamb - Cute characters.

@Snarp - Well that was interesting, entertaining, and definitely contained some surprises.  Who wrote the song?
Thanks justaviking, glad you liked it!

It was easier use because I didn't have to remove any musical instruments to get a decent set visemes to work with, I'm getting better at visemes but it's still very time consuming. Ermm

The song is from Paul and Storm.com

By Delerna - 6 Years Ago
Snarp Farkle
You had me grinning all the way through the singing
Enjoyed
sonic7 (5/9/2018)
All Great work here ....
Hey Famekrafts! ....... - Can you give us a 'rough idea' of how long this ad took you to put together?

Approx. 2 months of learning iClone, cc2 and getting used to everything, and then 3 weeks of continuously working on it.  I was stuck with the frogs, modelling them in the blender was taking even more time, so I bought the frogs from the store instead. The well, buildings, benches, mobile, Speaker everything done in blender. The character in cc.

Next one will probably take even longer because adding a lot of particle effects in it and trial and error.
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

@Famekrafts

Well ... it was very well done ... and I'm surprised - you say '2 months' learning iClone & CC2 ..... well if I could do what you do - even after 2 years - I 'd be stoked!!!!
Obviously you have a 3D background - which must help immenesly. Well .... I 'dips me hat to you'!  Well done!!!

sonic7 (5/15/2018)

@Famekrafts
Well ... it was very well done ... and I'm surprised - you say '2 months' learning iClone & CC2 ..... well if I could do what you do - even after 2 years - I 'd be stoked!!!!
Obviously you have a 3D background - which must help immenesly. Well .... I 'dips me hat to you'!  Well done!!!

Thanks
Yes I have a 3D background but not really in animation.

I have been struggling with animation for a very long time. Studied 3D max in the institute, then tried learning maya myself. Maya was way expensive back then and out of my reach at that time period. Went into book publishing to earn my bread and butter. Came back to 3D and created some award-winning backgrounds in Vue.

https://www.artstation.com/famekrafts

Then started creating video game packs which I create even now.

I tried iClone demo long time back but that time there were no sufficient tutorials available and without knowing blender, I couldn't achieve much.

Studied Blender so I could animate, but rendering even with a powerful GPU took days to render. So just rendering a video ad like this would have taken weeks.

Reallusion has put up some amazing tuts on youtube nowadays and those have really helped.

Animation and games have been my lifelong dream and these both cannot be excelled without a team. Thanks to iClone and real-time rendering technology I can achieve this quality now in a period of 3 weeks without staring at the rendering process on my computer screen for hours.

It has been a long long struggle, hope I can create some ads for the web and television industry.

By toystorylab - 6 Years Ago
Seen some interesting stuff here...

@ Ckalan1
Interesting project, nice "script"...
@ Mark
Nice sets! ("The Addams Family Musical")
@ Rogue Anime
Sun looks cool in opener, the music is not my beer...
@ TonyDPrime
Cool pose-ifications (Nice Lighting)
@ Walt_R
Loved Fireball XL5 Episode 1 and Part 1 of Episode 2 is cool too!
@ Animagic
Kinda "Film Noir"?
@ Terry Miller
2:00 Safety Break makes me feel bad when changing bulbs without gloves and wearing my slippers...
Nice vid!
@ Famecrafts
Changing the Add from Wedding Entertainment to Speakers made sense!
@ Benjamin Tuttle
Nice stills... Kinda Drama?
@ Dr. Nemesis
70 minutes are a lot ( i already made a 77 min. commissioned work but we ended up on cutting it to 58...)
The still looks promising...
@ thedirector1974
I am a fan of yours!
"The talk" looks very promising and so different to "Alien"...
BUT "Alien" is my favourite and i am looking forward for more!
@ Delerna
I remind seeing "the waves" some time ago...
Looks "artificial" but a very nice attempt to achieve this!
@ Dante1st
Wanna see it!
Saw a few of your clips and they all kinda "worked" AND had a lot of "dark" humor, which i like...
@ Snarp Farkle
Funny!
@ Urbanlamb
I love "wierd" people ;-)

Me, myself and i am working on a kinda "dark" drama...
No working title yet, not really ready to reveal much of it but it makes fun...
Don't want to spill the beans about it yet but it is inspired by two novels of a very famous writer ;-)
And a special thread will be opened in the near future...
Here are some stills:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e1c0ece-1d9f-4249-ae47-2225.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/05ee7428-ebc8-431e-88dc-6b0f.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/422b128a-ffb3-4a11-9085-b146.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2d3abd67-02b5-44a2-85ae-4575.png

By CtrlZ - 6 Years Ago
Back problems have been slowing me down so I can't sit very longAngry but here are a couple screen's from The RoadSmile

Gary
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/614068aa-77ad-4bde-99fe-9198.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/844e2db1-0376-4823-a5b9-8a87.png
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Sorry to hear about your back Gary .... hope you get better .... Smile
Very nicely done toystorylab, looking forward for more progress on your project!
By AutoDidact - 6 Years Ago
Hi 
I have 54 minutes of completed footage
of an Animated Marvel comics based fan film
jointly developed using Iclone 6.5 and Daz Studio
exported as .mdd point cache to Maxon Cinema4D for final lighting& rendering

Most of the major bodymotion is Iclone however the lip synch is created in Daz studio
Post effects created with Adobe After effects CS
Final editing being built in Final cut pro
here is a 4 minute clip

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

@AutoDidact ... wow! ... this is 'rich' in FX - well done!
Thanks!!
 I've got a good pipeline with Iclone Pro Daz & Maxon Cinema4D
Thanks!!
Thanks!!
This is a Halloween environment that I created for work; I used Blender for a lot of the modeling, and then iClone assets for the rest, and then rendered it in iClone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=626iQ9lKtsA

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2b784f89-b1de-47e6-a95d-4b4e.jpg
By Cary B - 6 Years Ago
My project is an animated version of my super-hero/fantasy  graphic novel, "Those Who Walk in Darkness". Episode 5 will be released in a couple of days. Here is a short teaser scene. This is a dream sequence leading into the fantasy setting part of the story.

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

@Shadoesword .... You've certainly captured some really 'atmospheric moments' here .... well done !!!
Love your female avatar here - beautiful model with very nice rendering - especially with that candle light - so well done ....
Snarp Farkle (6/11/2018)
Very nicely done toystorylab, looking forward for more progress on your project!

Did not notice your reply, Snarp Farkle... Thanx!
The first 8 Minutes of my new project are done, busy with other stuff now but within a week or two, i will start a WIP thread...

@AutoDidact
I saw your "Galactus Rising" already in an other post...
Once again; cool FX, colorfull, action-packed and nice render!
@CtrlZ
The Intro i saw in an other thread was cool, and now guns seem to take over...
Looking forward for more of "The Road"!
@Shadoesword
Nice dark ambient...
@Terry Miller
Nice environment, waiting for the spooky elements...

By Darren01 - 6 Years Ago
Shadoesword (7/6/2018)
My project is an animated version of my super-hero/fantasy  graphic novel, "Those Who Walk in Darkness". Episode 5 will be released in a couple of days. Here is a short teaser scene. This is a dream sequence leading into the fantasy setting part of the story.

great work, looks like it has lots of potential
I'm not familiar with the story, but figuring you'll be trying to shorten or compact the story ?
That's something I'm struggling with.  Some great stories out there I'd love to animate, but there is no way I could complete a 1-2hr production as a solo animator.
What's your plan in that regard ?

By Cary B - 6 Years Ago
Thanks Darren,

This is a big, ambitious project. I have four episodes completed so far, and number 5 very close. Each episode is around a half hour or maybe slightly shorter. But I am a retired guy, and someone who has always needed a creative project to work on that is strictly for fun. This is it for me.

My plan is to produce the complete story which will run about 12 episodes, I think. I am also planning on going back to re-do my first episode, which was really mostly a learning process for me. It can use a lot of the stuff I've learned since. 
By MnerosNaRa - 6 Years Ago
Here's a project that I have been working on for the last 9 years or so. Its almost done and can't wait to post it. 
Its an epic fantasy story.

By Cary B - 6 Years Ago
Wow...nine years. It's pretty inspiring that you could maintain your creative effort over such a long time.  And the teaser looks really interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out for this. 
MnerosNaRa (7/10/2018)
Here's a project that I have been working on for the last 9 years or so. Its almost done and can't wait to post it. 

Good teaser trailer.
I really like the music, animation, camera work, and editing, but would also love to have some dialogue (or a voice-over} in the trailer.

Looking forward to more.
I'm in the process of getting voice overs at the moment. all sets are completed, just waiting on the Actors. so its just a waiting game.
as soon as I have enough dialog i plan on another teaser.

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

@MnerosNaRa ....
Yes, I totally agree with Dennis. Many aspects of your project 
(virtually *all*) are of a very high standard and work really well together. I noticed you've been a member for 9 years - and you've obviously been productive during that time. Well done so far! - you've got lot's you can teach us! Smile .... all the best with your Voice-overs!  ..... 
By CtrlZ - 6 Years Ago
Shadoesword (7/6/2018)

This Episode is out and is fantastic! I recommend watching the entire series in order to witness how much Shadowsword has grown as an animator!
The direction and script writing  are top notch but the voice actors are over and above anything I've seen on these forums!
Unfortunately as @Peter Blood has mentioned in the past will be quickly buried by snapshots and wips and may not be seen by the masses Blink

Bravo @Shadowsorwd you have my support and hopefully the support of this  great forum!   

Here is the link to his showcase posting 

Gary

CtrlZ (7/11/2018)

Unfortunately as @Peter Blood has mentioned in the past will be quickly buried by snapshots and wips and may not be seen by the masses Blink

I remember the big excitement when many of us were campaigning for a new forum section to showcase "completed" works, to keep them separate from technical demonstrations and work-in-progress clips.  Nothing has changed yet.
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Yes Dennis; if there were to be such a section (ie: 'completed works'), it would have the added advantage of being more likely 'commented on' - because of being all in the one section, rather than scattered posts ....
By Cary B - 6 Years Ago
This Episode is out and is fantastic! I recommend watching the entire series in order to witness how much Shadowsword has grown as an animator!
The direction and script writing  are top notch but the voice actors are over and above anything I've seen on these forums!

Bravo @Shadowsorwd you have my support and hopefully the support of this  great forum!   

Gary, thanks, man, for this nice plug. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I do also feel like my voice actors are terrific, and all of them so willing to give their time for free. I know my animation still needs a lot of work, but yeah, I have made some improvements. A lot of that is due to help I've gotten from the people on this forum. Thanks to you all. 

Cary

[/quote]

By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
Friggin love Galactus!!! Love that model. Very cool vfx!!!
By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
MnerosNaRa (7/11/2018)
I'm in the process of getting voice overs at the moment. all sets are completed, just waiting on the Actors. so its just a waiting game.
as soon as I have enough dialog i plan on another teaser.

Looking forward to it. Great preserversnce! The only thing I’ve worked on that long is my belly Smile Keep is posted with your progress looks good so far!
By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
Shadoesword (7/11/2018)

Gary, thanks, man, for this nice plug. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I do also feel like my voice actors are terrific, and all of them so willing to give their time for free. I know my animation still needs a lot of work, but yeah, I have made some improvements. A lot of that is due to help I've gotten from the people on this forum. Thanks to you all. 

Cary

[/quote]

Man oh man, you can tel you’ve really put in the work. Your latest clip looks fantastic! And I have to ask, do you live in a voice actors commune or something???? The super hero voice actors sounded like they were straight from Saturday mornings and this latest film has nothing but “pro” written on the voice acting and visuals! Very nice work. Can’t wait to see the rest!
MnerosNaRa (7/10/2018)

Not my genre though, but nicely done...
I hope you can come to an end after 9 years Wink
How long will the final film be?

kungphu (7/12/2018)
Friggin love Galactus!!! Love that model. Very cool vfx!!!

Hi 
Thanks "Galactus Rising" has been My "labor of love" for the last five years.
I now have 55 minutes of completed HD ,post produced footage in a final cut pro project file over on my Mac computer.

Hoping to finish it this year at about  90 minutes for the film proper plus a 10 minute "making of" segment.

On the matter of voice work I am doing all of my own voice work with a 
program called "Morphvox Pro"

It goes way..WAY  beyond pitch changing to completely morphing
your voice into something entirely different.

Add  to that a Mixture of  welsh ,North Amercian and even russian accents and most people cannot tell it  is one person doing all of the voice acting
I also have a (mac only )program Called "ghost reader" to create those PA announcments you hear aboard the station throughout the film.. those voices are completely computer generated. 
By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
Sounds like a true passion project! I’ll have to look into morphvox. Sounds like a great tool. Me and a friend do all of our voice acting so it’s be nice to have a tool to keep things fresh. Galactus and the Fantastic Four have always been faves of mine. A shame they’ve never gotten the movies quite right on the FF. Was hoping to see a “proper” Galactus on the big screen headdress and all! The non-Sony marvel universe needs Galactus and Dr. Doom!!!! Smile
By dogged2003 - 6 Years Ago
Our project. A series of animations based on fairy tales.
The fox and the crane. Fairy tale.

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Hey - Dogged --- an interesting take on this story ...
You've expressed loads of 'freedom' with this work - even with your camera angles ....
There's quite a few comical moments ! .... Smile
By Postfrosch - 6 Years Ago

I make avatars from the time of middle age,
the Renaissance and the European Thirty Years War / 1618-1648)
With that I mainly create pictures and also small clips

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/43211b15-780c-42cf-9444-ea47.gif
toystorylab (7/12/2018)
MnerosNaRa (7/10/2018)

Not my genre though, but nicely done...
I hope you can come to an end after 9 years Wink
How long will the final film be?

should be around 50 min

And thank-you everyone for the kind words happy know I'm on the right track. 
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Postfrosch .... Nice atmosphere here - we really *feel* like we're 'visiting the past' - your lighting around the fires is very effective.
What would happen if the 'steam' above the pot was set to 40 or 50 percent opacity? Just curious ..... 
By ebarila - 6 Years Ago
Just a few clips I've done for a friend.

By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

ebarila! - You should be very happy with what you've achieved here! Lots of work with your 'camera moves', 'visual effects' and 'animation' all set to these very 'catchy' songs .... I think you've done a really *great job* with these - Darius should be pleased! .....  *very entertaining* and fun to watch - done well !
By ebarila - 6 Years Ago
Thank you for your kind words.. A lot of work, a lot of fun .
Eddy

@dogged2003
Cute little animation, but I don’t understand a word BigGrin

@Postfrosch
Nice ambient, atmo and music fits well…

@ ebarila
Not my kinda music,
but respect for your combination with real characters (greenscreen), well done…

By ebarila - 6 Years Ago
Thanks for your comments. The songs are in Lithuanian. The green screen footage was shot on  a Samsung note 8 in 4k in my backyard, not too bad for a phone.
Eddy
ebarila (7/20/2018)
not too bad for a phone.

Wow, amazing what our phones can achieve now Wink
By martin.s - 6 Years Ago
renata
absolutely brilliant, loved it!
keep up the good work Smile
WOW! This was EXCELLENT, Eddie! Impressive on many fronts - and HEY! Now we know what 'Bill O'Reilly is up to these days!! lolLaughLaugh   
Here is the green screen I built for my studio 2 yrs ago - It is 22' wide, 15' deep, & 18' tall. I also hung the lighting grid with a drop down monitor. Here we are using the 'Neuron' MOCAP in live iClone capture - DAMN! I'f I'd only have KNOWN I could do this in my backyard, I'd have saved myself an ACRE of studio space!! Well Done ~V~

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fadff50a-15d2-46f6-8ad4-ea4e.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2568a724-3ec6-41a3-821f-3d63.jpg

This is from one of the shows I produce in my studio on that stage. I have 2 stages, 5 sets so far. I like Eddie's green screen better!  ~V~
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/605f107c-a2c9-4040-adec-dbeb.jpg

By Cary B - 6 Years Ago
Ebarila, very creative and fun. Nice lighting, nice FX, nice animation, good blend of the real-world video with the animation. Isn't Iclone a great toy? I see stuff like you and others have produced and I get ideas. Great job on these clips. 
By Cary B - 6 Years Ago
Rogue Anime (7/20/2018)
WOW! This was EXCELLENT, Eddie! Impressive on many fronts - and HEY! Now we know what 'Bill O'Reilly is up to these days!! lolLaughLaugh   
Here is the green screen I built for my studio 2 yrs ago - It is 22' wide, 15' deep, & 18' tall. I also hung the lighting grid with a drop down monitor. Here we are using the 'Neuron' MOCAP in live iClone capture - DAMN! I'f I'd only have KNOWN I could do this in my backyard, I'd have saved myself an ACRE of studio space!! Well Done ~V~

This is from one of the shows I produce in my studio on that stage. I have 2 stages, 5 sets so far. I like Eddie's green screen better!  ~V~

Sweet set-up, man. 

so much technology in those photos i feel old fashioned and wierd!    Nice set ups.   I have an office with lots of home appliances in it and .. a webcam in box somewhere and a mic that i use in a box lined with sound proof padding hehe thats my 'studio'.  

No fancy setups for me but here is a photo .. about to start animating using .. my fingers and a mouse and keyboard (well maybe i will slip in a few canned walks with heavy edits)  Everything in this video (apart from sound) will be made with me own two hands slowly over the past year.  I could go faster, but.. well retired and I dont want to turn this into "work".  
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/947ebe35-54c4-4054-b5cd-7cdd.png
urbanlamb (7/20/2018)
so much technology in those photos i feel old fashioned and wierd!

All the studio & gear in the planet can't replace talent - And you've got lots! Just so HAPPENS I have been producing and doing talent for TV & radio for 30+yrs now, so it kinda IS 'work'!  Smile~V~

Rogue Anime (7/20/2018)
urbanlamb (7/20/2018)
so much technology in those photos i feel old fashioned and wierd!

All the studio & gear in the planet can't replace talent - And you've got lots! Just so HAPPENS I have been producing and doing talent for TV & radio for 30+yrs now, so it kinda IS 'work'!  Smile~V~

rofl thanks just i try not to use the "W" word Tongue 

Oh there is one item in there not made by me .. i forgot it was awhile back he made it the hair on the male is not mine but that will go in the credits (when i get there.. hopefully before next year ^^)

By ebarila - 6 Years Ago
Rogue Anime (7/20/2018)

Fantastic, looks amazing, in my dreams.
Here's my backyard studio shot.The funny thing is I'm using two led light bars to hold up the green screen, and the Australian sun as the light source.Tongue
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fc777291-b730-4b45-a4db-d22c.jpg
By ebarila - 6 Years Ago
martin.s (7/20/2018)
renata
absolutely brilliant, loved it!
keep up the good work Smile

Shadoesword (7/20/2018)
Ebarila, very creative and fun. Nice lighting, nice FX, nice animation, good blend of the real-world video with the animation. Isn't Iclone a great toy? I see stuff like you and others have produced and I get ideas. Great job on these clips.

Thanks for the encouragement. Iclone is becoming better and better with each version. Can't wait to see how the roadmap progresses.
Eddy

ebarila (7/21/2018)
Here's my backyard studio shot.The funny thing is I'm using two led light bars to hold up the green screen, and the Australian sun as the light source.Tongue
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fc777291-b730-4b45-a4db-d22c.jpg

Which makes your production all the MORE IMPRESSIVE to be certain - we applaud you 100x my Aussie friend - top shelf!  ~V~ BigGrin 

Rogue Anime (7/20/2018)
Here is the green screen I built for my studio 2 yrs ago -

Wow, that's an impressive setup... HUGE!
I also have some greenscreen in my studio but way SMALLER BigGrin
I worked (still do, mostly workshops) with Stop-Motion before i got infected by iClone:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e0ad2c48-ebb1-47a7-92da-712b.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/43f90927-3670-48b0-bb8b-4889.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fa5a4de3-dd5a-42db-b9d1-5b18.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7107ca72-3e61-40ed-89dc-1b40.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/caab1061-97be-4a00-9515-d91c.jpg
toystorylab (7/21/2018)

I also have some greenscreen in my studio but way SMALLER BigGrin

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7107ca72-3e61-40ed-89dc-1b40.jpg

WOW! What you're doing there is LIGHT YEARS above and beyond anything I'm doing! So TOTALLY cool! I am blown away by your setup there (& somewhat jealous!) going back for a 2nd & 3rd look @ your Y/T channel for a peek @ some of these things in action. Seeing what others are doing here is just AWESOME! Thanks to you & Eddy for sharing - I'm impressed as hell to see this ~V~
mm that stop motion set up is nice and yes i am also jealous.    I used to do a bit with err plasticine (liked the look of it) but not on that scale some of the miniature stuff in those photos is very neat looking.    (cameras are nice too hehe probably should mention that along with all the other technology there) 

By RobertoColombo - 6 Years Ago
Hi all,

here are a couple of pictures about the project I am working on (which is going on quite slowly, actually...)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b1be63e-f424-4f6c-8f6a-df15.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/72c6db13-d504-4099-b077-bef6.png

Cheers,

Roberto
RobertoColombo (7/21/2018)
Hi all,here are a couple of pictures about the project I am working on (which is going on quite slowly, actually...)

Excellent! We'll be watching for your updates  ~V~

By CtrlZ - 6 Years Ago
Hi all,

here are a couple of pictures about the project I am working on (which is going on quite slowly, actually...)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b1be63e-f424-4f6c-8f6a-df15.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/72c6db13-d504-4099-b077-bef6.png

Cheers,

Roberto

Impressive!!

Cool, love the crowd...
That was Anima 3, wasn't it?

toystorylab (7/22/2018)

Cool, love the crowd...
That was Anima 3, wasn't it?

Yes. it's several hundreds of people walking randomly in the square.
Because of 3DX limitation to convert big FBX files, I used the technique, available in Anima, to split into multiple FBX: it works perfectly and this way I could re-build the original crowd.
It's a pity that Anima is not able to import non-rigged simple props because it would become really in handy to create massive amount of objects movements, e.g. huge traffic jam with hundreds of (flying...) cars or similar.
I asked them to enable the feature but it seems so far it is not in their update plan :-(

Cheers

Roberto
Very nice, Roberto. It's good to see Anima in use in iClone, as there was some doubt at the time whether that was possible. I bought it, but haven't used it yet. What's the size of your scene with such a crowd?
By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
Some really great stuff here. Really like all the green screen action on this thread. Pretty amazing studios guys! Roberto, your stuff looks great!!!

@TSL what is your YouTube channel? I’d love to see your stop motion animations.

@urbanlamb what did you use for your toon textures? They look fantastic. I can’t get those textures from any of the CC figures I’ve come across. Only with some of the Daz textures.
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Hey Guys ... I'm a bit 'late to the party' as they say ... yes - great green screen setups, and as Val said >>>> "... All the more impressive' Eddy! - given what you've achieved with limited green screen - we'd never known! ..." And that's the *magic* of it all ! Of course the other set-ups would be terrific to work in too!
Roberto - Have you posted any 'video' from your production?
[b]@urbanlamb what did you use for your toon textures? They look fantastic. I can’t get those textures from any of the CC figures I’ve come across. Only with some of the Daz textures.

Everything there is hand made by me Smile (well except for one piece of hair was made by a friend wanting to practice making things) 
so painted by hand depending on my whim mostly either in 3dcoat, substance painter or even blender for some things.  

kungphu (7/22/2018)
@TSL what is your YouTube channel? I’d love to see your stop motion animations.

Hm, gonna have to sort that out...
Will make another thread in the next days (busy, have to finish sound-work due to deadline 5.1 Studio) called "Who or what the fuck is Toystorylab" BigGrin

You can see a few here:

on my "Alter Ego"-account (somewhat more political, inspired by the Band CRASS and the word "attitude") "Crassitudes":
https://www.youtube.com/user/crassitudes

and on my Vimeo-account:
https://vimeo.com/toystorylab

By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
urbanlamb (7/23/2018)
[b]@urbanlamb what did you use for your toon textures? They look fantastic. I can’t get those textures from any of the CC figures I’ve come across. Only with some of the Daz textures.

Everything there is hand made by me Smile (well except for one piece of hair was made by a friend wanting to practice making things) 
so painted by hand depending on my whim mostly either in 3dcoat, substance painter or even blender for some things.  

Very cool! I do have 3D coat. Did you use some of the skin materials they have or just different non-skin materials. Toons are always juuuuust a bit different!
for skin I just painted it the old fashioned way hehe  (i use a colour chart i have with hex numbers on it to set the skintone and then go from there) .   Maybe baked out ambient occlusion and used it to overlay and cause some colour change but twas very simple.     Cloth its just colour with some normal maps i made to go under it with more colour.   There is nothing photosourced or anything. 

Its all just stuff created either with painting or baking out detail from the original sculpts and using the normals from that and .. more paint BigGrin  Oh and I use alpha brushes for "texture" there are some stock ones or i make me own in photoshop.  Really quite low tech stuff nothing fancy.  
By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
Very cool stop motion! Trippy but cool! Smile

Ahhh. OK, I guess I'll just dig in and make my own textures. Looked like one character ws from the iclone toon set. Wondered if it was a custom texture or the stock one. Looks really friggin good. The sorta texture I'm looking for with my toons but have yet to get!  Back to the grind stone I guess.  Thanks for the tips!
kungphu (7/24/2018)
Very cool stop motion! Trippy but cool! Smile

Ahhh. OK, I guess I'll just dig in and make my own textures. Looked like one character ws from the iclone toon set. Wondered if it was a custom texture or the stock one. Looks really friggin good. The sorta texture I'm looking for with my toons but have yet to get!  Back to the grind stone I guess.  Thanks for the tips!

maybe one day i can show some how I do in a video but its really just the same principles of painting in 2d but with an understanding of how normal maps work.    The only thing i might source from the real world would be like that globe its actually a photo source its true cause its a map and I aint gonna draw that lol, but its all basic stuff you learn when drawing/painting and how to apply colour.    The only difference with 3d is that there are some tricks you need to learn with normal maps but it all can be done by hand with a few alpha brushes and if you want it to be uniform some "repeat" function (not sure how to explain it lol ).     Its really just drawing though but in 3 dimensions BigGrin

edit: re the character these guys were made for a series and originally i was using the characters from toon maker studio.  When iclone 7 was released with all its bells and whistles I wanted to replace them and since its a continuation I needed things to look similar character wise so yes they were heavily influenced by the toonmaker series with some changes (they aren't exactly the same but you can see the resemblance) that was done cause they both had little personas and stories and personalities already so can't stray too far or .. its not really a continuation, but I had to make it myself.  I do that a lot cause for me its "easier" to create exactly what I want then to try to find something that resembles it.     I liked the little series so.. i just said one day "nevermind it will be faster if i make it myself" hehe.   Since the character creator can't truly generate what I wanted I had only one solution make it custom so I did.   

By kungphu - 6 Years Ago
Thanks for the advice urbanlamb. Texturing isn’t my strong suit (neither is animation Wink so advice like that really helps. Super impressed those are your own creations. Very very cool! Can’t wait to see them come to life. They look fantastic!
animagic (7/22/2018)
Very nice, Roberto. It's good to see Anima in use in iClone, as there was some doubt at the time whether that was possible. I bought it, but haven't used it yet. What's the size of your scene with such a crowd?

Hi Job, thanks a lot. 
I will check tomorrow evening when I am back from the business trip.
But from what I remembered was quite big and slow to render (one day I will have a gtx10 or 11...).
Apart from this, the various pieces of crowd work correctly in iClone without characters crossing each other
Cheers

Roberto
By Peter Blood - 6 Years Ago
Your sets blow me away Mark. I work pretty hard on my sets but you, sir, are the master and I am the student.
Great work man.

Cool pete
By CtrlZ - 6 Years Ago
The Road will be premiered at TMU (The Movies Underground) Early in Sept.  So I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you BigGrin All have had a huge impact on this project from the pro's all the way down to the rookies lol
(especially the rookies)  Hehe you asked all the questions I hadn't even known to ask w00t: so I didn't have to Laugh It's a lot  easier to learn from others mistakes than to constantly make them on your own (CtrlZ) Rolleyes

Anyway, if you would like to have your project 
premiered on TMU Movie Night @thebiz.movies Has invited you to participate as well in his post Here!

Thanks again!!

Gary

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/22edfbeb-16bb-4a53-a884-9770.jpg
As if eating sushi, we all wait, with 'bait-ed breath' lol Laugh  CAN'T WAIT, Gary!  !~V~
By sonic7 - 6 Years Ago

Gary >>>>  " ..... the rookies ... asked all the questions I hadn't even known to ask w00t: so I didn't have to Laugh It's a lot  easier to learn from others mistakes than to constantly make them on your own (CtrlZ) Rolleyes ..... "

Ha - love that reasoning!!! lol ... Smile
By CtrlZ - 6 Years Ago
sonic7 (8/8/2018)

Gary >>>>  " ..... the rookies ... asked all the questions I hadn't even known to ask w00t: so I didn't have to Laugh It's a lot  easier to learn from others mistakes than to constantly make them on your own (CtrlZ) Rolleyes ..... "

Ha - love that reasoning!!! lol ... Smile

lol when I coached my son and daughter in little league (twins) they both made the 9 yr old all star boy's team w00t after every game I would ask the kids what mistakes they thought they made (without telling them what they were) first and then we would discuss the other teams miscues! We made the championship game both yrs. I coached with 5th and 4th place teams knocking off the 1st place teams that beat us previously both years!
This is very much a work in progress. It is a short animated piece extolling the advantages of Behavior-Based Safety that I will be using for work. I still have work to do on one of the animated characters (the pudgy guy; I don't like his movements; also, the female part needs more expression).

A voiceover artist who is a frustrated movie trailer voice decides to take matters into his own hands. Voices by Terry Miller, Roger Staten, and Penelope Miller. 

By Cary B - 6 Years Ago
CtrlZ (8/8/2018)
The Road will be premiered at TMU (The Movies Underground) Early in Sept.  So I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you BigGrin All have had a huge impact on this project from the pro's all the way down to the rookies lol
(especially the rookies)  Hehe you asked all the questions I hadn't even known to ask w00t: so I didn't have to Laugh It's a lot  easier to learn from others mistakes than to constantly make them on your own (CtrlZ) Rolleyes

Very cool. Gary. I'm eager to see it.
@CtrlZ
Cool... Wish you good luck and fun at the event Wink

@Terry Miller
Funny...
By jlittle - 6 Years Ago
@Terry - Very funny!

Jeff
@CtrlZ...  Good luck!

@Terry...  Cute video.  I love the change in voice from "Normal" to "Movie Trailer" mode.
By CtrlZ - 5 Years Ago
Thought I would bring back this popular thread! 
I'm working a new project:  Reclamation Z
By Rottadamic - 5 Years Ago
I am working on a Sci-Fi / Action / Horror multi movie (minimum of 4) project called Mad Maxime
It is based on the Recident Evil and Mad Max movies

Here is the teaser of the first film ( that will probably be around 1 hour and 10 minutes) and will be launched in a few months, the trailer hopefully in max 1,5 month:

By sonic7 - 5 Years Ago

Still (slowly) moving forward with my 'Music Video' - well - it's actually 'stalled' slightly atm while on holidays. I've decided to *try* my hand at a Sci-fi film script (my *next* project). So I'm still in the land of "incomplete" but my hopes and aspirations are very strong. - Maintaining sufficient forward momentum is the difficult part. 'Abilities' trying to catch up to 'dreams'.  (I already travel at a "snail's pace") - lol .....  Smile
By CtrlZ - 5 Years Ago
Rottadamic Movies (1/15/2019)
I am working on a Sci-Fi / Action / Horror multi movie (minimum of 4) project called Mad Maxime
It is based on the Recident Evil and Mad Max movies

Here is the teaser of the first film ( that will probably be around 1 hour and 10 minutes) and will be launched in a few months, the trailer hopefully in max 1,5 month:

Nice!!

By Am7add9 - 5 Years Ago
we put together a small group (5)
of specialists and are in pre-production
of a  sci fi short (10 minutes)
we are still looking for a few skilled people though
there isnt any budget, everyone is donating their time and assets to higher goal.

By Skuzzlebutt - 5 Years Ago
Telecaster (1/16/2019)
we put together a small group (5)
of specialists and are in pre-production
of a  sci fi short (10 minutes)
we are still looking for a few skilled people though
there isnt any budget, everyone is donating their time and assets to higher goal.

I saw some of the tests, simply amazing!

By ultimativity - 5 Years Ago
Working on an story about midlife. Producing 15 minute episodes. Just purchased iClone 7 package. The realtime renderer is tremendous. 3D Exchange works as advertised. I import characters I created in Daz3D.  Having some trouble with Motion Puppet as characters walk in place instead of moving. Otherwise, iClone 7 is a joy to work with.

Nathan
By mark - 5 Years Ago
ultimativity (1/16/2019)
.... Having some trouble with Motion Puppet as characters walk in place instead of moving. Otherwise, iClone 7 is a joy to work with.

Nathan

You may have learned by now that when using a Motion Puppet "Walk" type movement the avatar usually needs to be constrained to a Path and moved that way.
By ultimativity - 5 Years Ago
Yes, some members responded to my question in the iClone forum.  I am viewing a paths tutorial now.  Thanks for responding.
By mark - 5 Years Ago
Here's a pretty hideous tutorial I did awhile back that has a lot of info, not necessarily accurate, but may be helpful in some respect...Smile

By MnerosNaRa - 5 Years Ago
justaviking (7/11/2018)
MnerosNaRa (7/10/2018)

Good teaser trailer.
I really like the music, animation, camera work, and editing, but would also love to have some dialogue (or a voice-over} in the trailer.

Looking forward to more.

I have decided to make your wish come true and release a somewhat finished scene with voice overs, only thing missing as far as sound goes is
ambient and SFX. Enjoy

By sonic7 - 5 Years Ago

@MnerosNaRa! ... I do feel that the time you've spent on this "shows". I felt *engaged* when viewing this scene (even with the longish dialogue). Your character's expressions, (eyes, eyebrows etc), along with your terrific backgrounds show great attention to detail. I'm impressed! ..... Smile

By toystorylab - 5 Years Ago

Lookingforward to:

CtrlZ: “ReclamationZ”, looks creepy…

RottadamicMovies: “Mad Maxine”, known teaser, still nice…

Sonic7: “MusicVideo”

Telecaster+ group: “Sci Fi Short”

Ultimativity:“Midlife”

MnerosNaRa:“Epic Fantasy Story”, nice teaser/trailer, voices well done…

By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
MnerosNaRa (1/18/2019)
I have decided to make your wish come true and release a somewhat finished scene with voice overs, only thing missing as far as sound goes is
ambient and SFX. Enjoy

Thanks for sharing.  Great voice acting.  Smile
Looking forward to seeing more.
By Terry Miller - 5 Years Ago
This is a work in progress. The idea is to produce short videos to be used in the kids' Sunday School at church. 

Of course, constructive critiques, criticisms, and anything else that might start with a C are all welcomed....

Terry Miller
By CtrlZ - 5 Years Ago
@Terry Miller Nice work and a great idea!
Terry Miller (1/19/2019)
This is a work in progress. The idea is to produce short videos to be used in the kids' Sunday School at church.

Nice...

By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
Terry Miller (1/19/2019)

Of course, constructive critiques, criticisms, and anything else that might start with a C are all welcomed....

An excellent start.
Good animation, very nice set.
Great music and voice acting.

By sonic7 - 5 Years Ago

Totally agree with Dennis .... this is of a very high standard imo - hard to fault. Excellent work Terry.
By Terry Miller - 5 Years Ago
@CtrlZ
@toystorylab
@justaviking
@sonic7

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. As I said, this is very much work in progress, so you will probably be seeing iterations of it as time goes by. I would like to do an entire series like this, but the first one will be the hardest, because that is where all of the design decisions will be made.

By the way, Dennis, I can't claim credit for the set. That is DexSoft's Medieval Library from the content store. They have done some really good work on this set.

Thanks,
Terry
By dante1st - 5 Years Ago
I'm working on part 2 to the video in my signature below. I'm not a professional like most people here, but I do have a good imagination and "feel" for telling stories.
By Darren01 - 5 Years Ago
dante1st (1/24/2019)
I'm working on part 2 to the video in my signature below. I'm not a professional like most people here, but I do have a good imagination and "feel" for telling stories.

I really enjoy your productions and love the main character. You've developed her character really well!
Look forward to your upcoming films

By Rottadamic - 5 Years Ago

trailer on youtube is up Smile

By Rogue Anime - 5 Years Ago
[quote]Rottadamic Movies (2/18/2019)
trailer on youtube is up Smile [/quote]

Your movie will be the BEST iCLone action movie EVER! We can't wait to see it! People will love this Cool ~V~

By charly Rama - 5 Years Ago
Good to see all this works. Congratulations guys and good luck for all yours projects
By 4413Media - 5 Years Ago
Almost done with a project, it's under wraps and I have to get some paperwork done. At the moment, I am experimenting with iray with someone. I can't say much for now, but there was a lot of big discoveries made. Wink Here is an older picture made, lot of progress has been made since then. This was a CC2 character for a hero project that I had a while back.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4628f336-5b32-4b86-919a-daa7.png
By Chase MT - 5 Years Ago
I came from Crazytalk Animator and for the last 3 weeks it has been nonstop learning of Character Creator 3 and iClone. Since the 3 weeks of learning iClone, I have 2 projects lined up.  I'm still learning so inputs are always welcome.

A kids short animation:

A music video:

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Been playing with beanstalks,,,

By Tarampa Studios - 5 Years Ago
mark (2/22/2019)

Wow, that's awesome Mark!. 
Do you mind if I ask how you achieved that awesome camera movement, following the growth of the beanstalk upwards..? 

eg, perhaps, is it on a path, following the movement of a null look-at target? 

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Hate to admit it but it was just a few Transform keyframes on the camera's timeline...WinkBigGrinSmile
By Tarampa Studios - 5 Years Ago
Awesome!!

By Postfrosch - 5 Years Ago

This is a small scene from my project on the theme "30 Years War in Germany 1618-1648"
Greets from Germany
Postfrosh
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7f8e3d22-6478-4de8-8424-bdb2.gif

Hi Mark,
thats a nice Scene.
I love this Story
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
By 3dtester - 5 Years Ago
Hi,

this is the loft scene that i am working on since the beginning of my iClone experience.
I now took the time to setup some more and better lights, inspired by the way Iray would like to have it.
I also try DOF sometimes, but it seems this should be used sparingly.

There is also a new figure appearing in this clip.
I have created her face using CT8 and than set up the character in CC3.

I hope you don't mind i'm posting this here.
It is work-in-progress and there is no story planned (yet).

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Postfrosch (2/23/2019)

Hi Mark,
thats a nice Scene.
I love this Story
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

Thanks! And keep 'em coming!BigGrin

Mercanery Soldiers (30.Years War 1618-168 Germany)
CC 3 (no IRay)
Greets Postfrosch
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eefe2214-cb93-4800-a1bd-3712.png
Progress update from my Loft scene.

I fixed some textures and optimized lighting.
Also added hair physics (not all characters), and again used a bit of DOF.
Staff is not final and i have no clue where this goes, as always Wink

Another clip from my loft scene. Sorry it is a bit short. But i'm happy with it.

By TonyDPrime - 5 Years Ago
!
3dtester (3/2/2019)
Another clip from my loft scene. Sorry it is a bit short. But i'm happy with it.

Lighting and ambiance is well done!
Thank you Tony. Much appreciated!

I've been working on the next clip.

By rgreenidge - 5 Years Ago
There are a lot of nice things I've seen on here that are very good. Since I started with iC3, there were things I had to start all over again, upgrade computer and components, wait for the next version. Most of my backgrounds were made from scratch, and the ones I purchased I had to modify. In the disco scene you see on here, there are almost twice as many people in the background that I added since then. I wanted to finished with the voices and music, but it was better for me to pay the banks all off for 4 months, and now I have enough money to pay everyone, and what used to go to the banks goes in my pocket. The teaser video was made to show some of the scenes and backgrounds I made. I would like to show more but some things I came up with are unique and would be a spoiler. Nothing like going seeing a movie, and the best parts you already saw in the preview. It's very hard scheduling voices, writing music, figuring what songs to do; playing with new toys in the studio, or being in the mood to do it. Nothing ever goes along as planned, equipment failure, having too much fun. When you're not hungry have other income, it's hard to whip out the whip. One disco scene, without all the final background people is on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TQlDD6EXRs. Favela Azul, without the final voices, I used mine just to get the mouths to move, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoAaesBpuQs. I've never been too happy with some of the loop animation once it renders. And last but not least, the teaser video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0xsSvtgqCs. All under; rioleo8 on YouTube. I've came a long way from my first jet plane, characters with blue arms and hands, 4 light sources, When I finished the movie it was about 3:15 hours long. I had to cut 45 minutes from it. After it's all done, I'll look at the 3D version and see if is worth rendering. Have a great weekend iCloners and good luck with your work. I hope that your work is so good, you can give up your day job and do this if you like it this much for the rest of your life or just retire. I was once asked a long time ago, what if your music doesn't sell. My answer was, as long as I like it, that's all that matters to me. I enjoy seeing iClone produced videos, so keep up the good work. I don't watch any TV anymore, because the writers keep coming up with nothing really new to me.  
Wow, a lot of cool stuff added to this thread since my last visit w00t
Looking forward to the finished projects...
Here is a little glance of my current project:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8e662f97-287d-45de-9985-2641.png
By RFilms - 5 Years Ago
Hi all, here is a small animation i made in iClone, rendered in 3ds Max / Vray.  No motion capture, just simple face puppet controls.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zN41hFYdaE
By RFilms - 5 Years Ago
Some animations i've made recently with iClone and 3ds max/vray.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5aoH2R22g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmeycfU1NKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXO7iFi5gtI
By mtakerkart - 5 Years Ago
Very impressive shanibhai !! 
Just for my curiosity , why didn't you render in Iclone ?
By RFilms - 5 Years Ago
there are a few things: First of all, i wanted to see how far i can go with endless possibilities of 3ds max with extremely professional Vray engin.. Second thing is, all the textures/materials are done in 3ds max, and clothing in Marvelous designer. Hair is doen in Ornatrix plugin. So many things are there, that i can not do in iClone that good, not atleast me. 
Cheers 
this  is a scene setup i built for a buddy
nothing great, but the performance is pretty good

video memory used 1.5 gigs
 300,000 triangles
2 cc avatars both animated
5 cc lowpoly avatars, 3 animated
23 pbr textures
1 video texture(GI)
1 sound file
gi hdr fog etc etc etc all of its on!
rendered at 4 frames per second on a very old AMD machine with gtx 1050ti card and 16 gigs ram

By mtakerkart - 5 Years Ago
@Kipster

Really good lighting ! Exellent! Is there only regular fog ? Are the lanternes emissives surfaces ?
Looklikes their reacting with the fog. The light coming from the door looklikes also to be god rays ...
If there's no postprod and directly from Iclone it's very impressive for me Cool

it is a straight iclone render Cool
gi on the lights and iclone fog

By 《/^\》 - 5 Years Ago
Nice one, impressed
By diomkal - 5 Years Ago
Nice job!
By BOLPHUNGA - 5 Years Ago
Kipster (4/12/2019)
this  is a scene setup i built for a buddy
nothing great, but the performance is pretty good

video memory used 1.5 gigs
 300,000 triangles
2 cc avatars both animated
5 cc lowpoly avatars, 3 animated
23 pbr textures
1 video texture(GI)
1 sound file
gi hdr fog etc etc etc all of its on!
rendered at 4 frames per second on a very old AMD machine with gtx 1050ti card and 16 gigs ram

great job there kipperoo!
By LogicalWarrior - 5 Years Ago
Hello,
Not sure if this is still a valid/active thread, but I was just testing interactive motions, for accuracy, for some upcoming project concepts Here's the clip...

All comments and criticism (positive and negative, I have very thick skin... BigGrin) are welcomed! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!