01 Animation At Work Contest 2018 - Sharing Center

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic366017.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Ola(RL) - 6 Years Ago

The Animation At Work Contest 2018 invites EVERYONE to use CrazyTalk Animator and your
imagination to animate real-life projects like business promotions, educational / training materials,
how-to videos, funny animated comics, YouTube news videos, and more.

This forum thread for you to:
  1. Share your knowledge about CrazyTalk Animator.
  2. Share your animated video(s) for the contest.
  3. Ask question about CrazyTalk Animator.
  4. Ask question about the contest.
  5. Simply chat.
Speak up, we want to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Reallusion Team

** Entries Submitted 

You can also check the contest page HERE for all entries. 

By Mythcons - 6 Years Ago
Greetings,

I have a couple question regarding the contest.

1) What are the parameters of the comic animation category? When I think of comic, I think superheroes. Would a fairy-tale qualify as a comic?

2) The contest says original character designs. If I were to take an existing character from folklore and put an original design on them, would that qualify?

By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Hi Mythcons,

Comic category refers to style rather than comic book superheroes. So characters in the style of Garfield, Archie comics, Peanuts, South Park, that sort of thing.

The design of your characters should be your own but they can be based on characters from folklore. As long as it is an original design you will be fine.
Awesome, thank you for the prompt clarification.

CrazyTalk Animator is very easy to use, once you get used to it. I had previously purchased the Standard Version. I may upgrade once the competition is over.
I have another question. Are there any limitations on how many people can work on a project? I'm sharing artwork duties with another artist. He does some of the designs, I add art where appropriate and do the animation work.

I've been getting great tips from the Facebook group.

By Ola(RL) - 6 Years Ago
Hi Mythcons

Of course not. You can work with others.
Reallusion will judge based on the final video.

BR,
Ola
By nikofilm - 6 Years Ago
Hello.
I do not know who to ask about the Animation at Work 2018 competition.
This video

Video Title:
ON MARS
Director:
Nikolay Trendafilov Rusenov

has confused the categories. May I put it back in the category.
By HowardV - 6 Years Ago
Should it take a while for entries to appear on the sites ENTRIES page? I submitted my attempts a couple of hours ago and can't see it listed :- /
By HowardV - 6 Years Ago
Here's the Facebook link for my entry: https://www.facebook.com/HowardVauseFilms/videos/1705876139467508/
And this is the Vimeo link I submitted for the contest: https://vimeo.com/279477734.
Hope this is the right place to post these Wink
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
HowardV (7/11/2018)
Should it take a while for entries to appear on the sites ENTRIES page? I submitted my attempts a couple of hours ago and can't see it listed :- /

Hi Howard,

Provided you submitted your entry on the page HERE then you will be entered in the competition. It may take a little time before the video appears on the Entries page.
By vepop - 6 Years Ago
My submission for the Animation At Work 2018 contest.

By HowardV - 6 Years Ago
love the characters and attention to detail - spaceship environment is especially good, and the video display screen is a brilliant touch.
By HowardV - 6 Years Ago
One thought - I wondered why you had submitted this film into the "Business" category. It would seem a better fit in the "Comic" category. Noticed this is also true of several other "Business" films.
By vepop - 6 Years Ago
Thanks, Howard, for the compliment,
One of the requirements for the 'Comic' category is "Original character designs are required."
Not all the characters are designed/created by me.

By Retrosleep - 6 Years Ago
I hope I entered with some time to spare. 
Here's my entry for the Youtuber section.

By vepop - 6 Years Ago
Retrosleep, your work is awesome!  I like,
By pmurphy - 6 Years Ago
I posted my animation to the Comic division 4 separate times and I don't see it posted yet. I started 1 week ago. Anyone else having problems?
Here's my link:

https://youtu.be/r2hxcjrCSWA

By vepop - 6 Years Ago
pmurphy, no problem on my side.
I posted yesterday and within 4 hrs it appeared in the Entry section.
Perhaps, there are certain rules & regulations not being observed.
By vepop - 6 Years Ago
posted twice.
By Evey Fawkes - 6 Years Ago
Hi everyone!
Seen some great video's.
Here's a link to mine. Based on true story. 

This is the (true) story of a US Marine named Zxelio. He has seen the horrors of war and has a story to tell you.
Please listen to him tell you in his own words and voice. (sorry about the BEEPS). 
Some truths are hard to swallow.
Zxelio knows what he is talking about.
Wars are pointless and cause nothing but death and suffering.
It was Zxelio's wish that this message would be made into a video and shared with the world. He send me the recording of his voice, which I used for this video just before he went into combat.

I have never heard from Zxelio again.
Where ever you are Zxelio, the world will hear your voice.

STOP ALL WARS!
By Retrosleep - 6 Years Ago
vepop (7/19/2018)
Retrosleep, your work is awesome!  I like,

Hey thanks!, I really embarrassed myself though. I'n the description I wrote I used CTA2 out of reflex but I obviously used 3, Wish I could go in and correct it.  You had an interesting video yourself.