Popcorn FX Learning Samples 50

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic351697.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By toystorylab - 7 Years Ago
Where the hell can i find these??
Or are they not available yet?
Quote "

* We are still working on the video guide for each Sample Particle,
click Video 1 and Video 2 to preview some of the test renders.

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/vfx/popcornfx/samples/contentgallery.html
By wires - 7 Years Ago
If you pre-ordered the plugin then they are listed on the Order page in your user account:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/22a6ab88-8270-43be-9b4c-f992.png

Aaahh, found them...
My Order Page ended at the bottom and showed only the plugin and the library 40 after clicking "+"
but at the next page they showed up Satisfied
Thanx, Wires!

By Camonra - 7 Years Ago
I thought the pre-Order deadline was December 31st?  I just ordered it, but I don't see the Learning Samples.
PRE-order means you buy it BEFORE it is launched. Launch-day was 21st of december...
Maybe RL will give it to "early birds" too, i don't know...
It would make sense to generally include it in 'Popcorn FX Bundle"...
Plugin + Library 40 × Samples 50
By Postfrosch - 7 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d39e084d-4d27-4d3e-8974-2d27.jpg

Greets Postfrosch
By pgibouin - 7 Years Ago
Strange, the "PopcornFX Learning Samples 50" has been removed from the iClone content store (for people who don't have it with the pre-order of PopCornFX). It would be great to propose it for evryone who don't have pre-ordered the plugin.

Wonderful work with this plugIn, iClone gains here enormous possibilities. Release 7 is definitly a great version !!

Good work RL team !

Pierre
By Postfrosch - 7 Years Ago
Strange, the "PopcornFX Learning Samples 50" has been removed from the iClone content store

No isn't it. Look here:
https://forum.reallusion.com/351128/GRAND-LAUNCH-PopcornFX-Plugin-is-available-now?PageIndex=6

Greets Postfrosch

By TonyTiger - 6 Years Ago
Hello,I recently purchased the Popcorn Effects bundle on Dec 28 and paid 129.00 and now I discover  that because I purchased  on the 28th instead of the 21 I don't get the Learning resource pack which is basically cutting the bundle in half-What a let down!!!!!.I have been happy with most of my purchases from Reallusion but this is kinda screwed.I just watched a vid on youtube titled 'Iclone PopcornFX particles walkthrough' and was blown away by how much content I didn't receive after paying 129.00 and getting the "Early bird special"Hopefully Reallusion can rectify this as I really feel kinda cheated and Ive been a customer since Iclone version 1,in other words a very long timeSad
By Postfrosch - 6 Years Ago
Hello,I recently purchased the Popcorn Effects bundle on Dec 28 and paid 129.00 and now I discover  that because I purchased  on the 28th instead of the 21 I don't get the Learning resource pack which is basically cutting the bundle in half-What a let down!!!!!

Hello ToniTiger,
I bought the Essential-Pack on 28.12.17 (129 $)
Even with me, the Learning 50 Pack was no longer there (which I was already aware of the billing). Despite years of customer service (version 2 of IC)
I just came for the early bird package too late
The learning package I got me extra for $ 20
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
Hello,I just checked Reallusion's overview ad for PopcornFX and in the overview it states that the Learning resource bonus 50 pack is included with the plugin when purchased with no mention of any time contraints unless I'm missing something,so heres to hoping they will show up in my account in the near futureSmile
Hello Postfrosch,I think there might be a problem with this pack Reallusion might be fixing,at least I hope that is the issue,too many cool effects to miss out on while I'm learning how to use this awesome plugin-Greets from USA
Hello,I just checked Reallusion's overview ad for PopcornFX and in the overview it states that the Learning resource bonus 50 pack is included with the plugin when purchased with no mention of any time contraints unless

Yes, that's what I saw today.
That's the price after the special price of $ 129 has been dropped
(since 11.01.2018)
I paid $ 149 with the learning package.
The idea that we would get it for free is nice, only I do not believe it. Unfortunately
Postfrosch

Do you happen to know if the Learning pack is for sale in the content store,I wouldn't mind paying for it as long as its reasonably priced-Thanks
By Alien Maniac - 6 Years Ago
Please forward this message to:
CEO of Reallusion:
Jan 13, 2018
Sir,
I purchased the PKFX particle effects  "Still on sale" in Jan 2018. I was able to download only the Super Tools and content pack Sample 40 This BONUS was included but it is not there at all.
https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/vfx/popcornfx/default.html

There was Absolutely No mention of anything else, ie: having to wait for it..... why do they do that to us? Why  the false advertising? YES RL that is exactly what it is, legally speaking. RL is  leaving itself open for a class action law suit for theft of services or more. 

RL advertised it and then it just is Not there and then we have to waste our time dealing with it. OK RL. Thanks for that. NOT.
That is not professional nor ethical to do customers like that. It is called BAD and illegal BUSINESS practice.  If there was a known problem, RL knows who bought it and should notify them directly at the time of purchase and in the forums too. Why didn't they? I rate this just like the NON-Timely Customer Service. Geez will they ever learn how to properly conduct business?

Also your web site is so messed up it is difficult to maneuver and find things and is very , very confusing to old and especially new customers. WHY? It is just mind boggling. We love your products and staff but hey business is business, right?

ANY one else here in the forum agree? Please state your name and opinion on these matters to the CEO of Reallusion. Let Him/Her know of the need to get their house in order. It is time and long overdue. RLs reputation is on the firing line. You make it right or you lose customers, simple as that.

I respectfully expect a reply from you, the CEO personally....... you have my email on record. I request and need to know for sure that you at least got this message.
Thanks for your time and consideration.
By Rogue Anime - 6 Years Ago
Space Rider (1/13/2018)
I purchased the PKFX particle effects  "Still on sale" in Jan 2018. I was able to download only the Super Tools and content pack Sample 40 This BONUS was included but it is not there at all.

Space - Here's a shot of the page - shows exactly what you SHOULD have received
- If you got less than this, they owe you 1> what is shown here  ~or~  2> an explanation and fix ~or~ 3> Your $$ back 
(I noticed the price went up since I bought it in pre-release) Let us know what you get in the way of a response from RL  ~V~

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b3473d4e-858e-4ce0-a497-af8e.png
I bought it for $129 at the end of the extended sale on Jan 9,2018. Wow it really jumped up in price, eh? Well the point is that we are getting a super great plugin but wow what a hassle to deal with just getting that, eh? I will reply here in this post the reply from the CEO...... if I do not get one from him officially.....well, we shall see. I give him personally 3 business days to reply. Then it is open for customers re-action and discussions. I do not want a refund, just what was offered in the sale advertisement. It isn't rocket science. LOL
RL needs to get their act together from the TOP Down.....to satisfy their customers and legal obligations. They have a great thing going and are totally messing it up in ways that are not even necessary. As the saying goes, the Head is the end buck responsible.  Of course there is always a Board of Directors to consider too....? We shall see what comes of this. Very Soon. We are dependent on them and they are just as dependent on us.

Be back with the reply or no reply, soon Guys.

Hello Space Rider,
that what you have written to the RL CEO may well have a symbolic character, but nothing more. It will probably not come out at night in my opinion.

Reason:
The Popcorn FX Learnig Samples 50 "were included as a bonus in the pre-sale of the Pocreon plug-in (as of 21.12.2107) From that day the Pacak fell away as a bonus.
From 22.12.17 you could only buy this package (until 10.01.18) what you have done (mine I already bought on 28.12.17 - even without the Learning Pack)
See image:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd218133-57d4-48c8-b761-82b4.jpg
The free bonuses at this time include the Popcorn Super FX tools
as you can see in the picture above and at the time of purchase also read.

The "FX Learnig Pack 50" could be purchased separately for $ 20
See image
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ef6e74f6-1016-4bc1-a9aa-4f70.jpg
The total price was $ 149

What a bit confused is the fact that since 11.01.18 so the price has risen.
(The early bird bouns price is gone - which was clear)
See image:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4bbf50c6-2211-4a18-8be2-bd36.jpg
The Essential Pack (FX.PlugIn and Libary 40) now costs as a member
$ 179 including the Popcorn Learning 50 Pack as Free Bonus.
The SuperTools valid as FreeBonus from 21.12.17 to 10.01.18 are now valid
as integrated into the plugin is probably something, let's say, strange.

Whether one from the current state a right to the Learning Package as Free.Bonus
can also deduce for the purchase from 21.12.17 - 10.01.18, I can not legally imagine

Let's wait and see if the CEO or any other person in charge will answer you.

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
The advert still claims it is a Bonus if you click the link I provided.. the sale was extended until Jan 9/10 which still included the Bonus. After that the price did increase.
It is possible that the web master/s did not get the memo. ???  At any rate they need to do what they advertised and stand behind it.l It is their legal and moral obligation to their customers.
The advert still claims it is a Bonus if you click the link I provided.. the sale was extended until Jan 9/10 which still included the Bonus.

Which is true from 11.01.18 yes again.
Now it's free again
Only between 21.12.17 and 10.01.18 it was None
Sorry, that's just the facts even if you understandably want to see it differently.
Here more realism is needed.
Greets Postfrosch
By thedirector1974 - 6 Years Ago
In fact, I was looking for those learning samples too. No way, to find them. Where can I get those samples, because there are a lot of effects, I could use for my movie. And no, I didn't prepurchesed the plug in.

Direx
By toystorylab - 6 Years Ago
thedirector1974 (1/14/2018)
In fact, I was looking for those learning samples too. No way, to find them.

They are somehow "hidden"...
Go to the plugin, put it in your cart...
"Downunder" you will see: Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought:
There it is listet, you can not open it in a new tab, only add it to your cart.
After that delete the plugin from your cart and you will have them as a single item...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7fab1f2e-013b-4f73-b823-eac5.png
By richard666 - 6 Years Ago
same with me ..  I am very anoid with reallusion ...AGAIN..or have I made a mistake .. I'm totally lost for words AGAIN!!!!!

Well I got a reply on my Ticket on this issue.....they claim
1) the pre release ended in Dec 2017.
2) The extended sale carried over to Jan 10 DID NOT include the Learning Samples 50 but the price stayed the same.
3) After that time the prices increased to normal price.

The WEB page ads say differently.
So,
If you follow this link...    https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/vfx/popcornfx/default.html     
You can see it offered as a BONUS (Still). Follow each link on each page and it still shows as a BONUS.
These are all the Ad pages for this Bonus.
Apparently the Webmasters have missed this completely.

No reply yet from the RL CEO.

Just for the record.....Web page ads are a big RL problem and need to be timely changed to reflect what is current and that is all this is about getting RLs attention to.
It just creates anger and frustrations for their customers and that is not good business. It is a huge waste of our time as well.

If you follow this link...    https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/vfx/popcornfx/default.html     
You can see it offered as a BONUS (Still). Follow each link on each page and it still shows as a BONUS.
These are all the Ad pages for this Bonus.

Yes, an is correct

Which is true from 11.01.18 yes again.
Now it's free again
Only between 21.12.17 and 10.01.18 it was None
Sorry, that's just the facts even if you understandably want to see it differently.
Here more realism is needed.
Greets Postfrosch
Space Rider (1/16/2018)
Just for the record.....Web page ads are a big RL problem and need to be timely changed to reflect what is current and that is all this is about getting RLs attention to.

Space - I agree - on many occasions I get RL offer emails where they offer you a discounted price, you follow the link, it's one price; put it in your cart, and the price is MORE OR - you go to a link to get the special, they tell you you have to 'sign in' (Even if you're ALREADY signed in, and you NEVER get to the page where the deal is) this has happened a few dozen times to me over the past 3 years. Another pisser is when they send you a coupon and it won't work (Tells you you have to spend at least $20 to redeem your coupon. It says this even when you're ordering hundreds of $'s worth of product.) Reallusion has MANY website issues of this nature. I have resorted to taking screenshots of their offers to send BACK to them when I run into these issues to get an explanation, or to redeem offers when the website won't LET you. VERY frustrating, lots of time wasted - half the time I get nothing back. I have missed out on a good number of things in this way.   ~V~

If you see the page (link I posted above)....
When I was ready to buy it, I went to the RL store and clicked the advert> it took me to this page. I scrolled down studying all of the contents of the pack.
It clearly included as stated BONUS   Popcorn fx learning samples 50
so I scrolled back up and hit the buy button> went to cart and paid.
Then I noticed it was not in the download , hum? Why?
WELL HERE WE ARE.
That's about as real as it gets. SO I am supposed to feel I was in error? There was nothing stated except the EXTENDED sale end date.
FACT. As far as the "Extended SALE" usually it is the same as the one before it, right thus EXTENDED....duh
I sincerely hope that RL sees the true problems here and can get them setup to a user friendly and understandable web format.
I think the company would make a lot more money if it did and customers would be so much happier too. AN animators time is best spent in the studio not dealing with these problems taking away their time to work. Not to mention their frustrations it even happened and since dealing with it all. RL is the Future and we all need to support them and them us. It ain't Rocket Science guys. It is just Good Business.
By uncle chuckle - 6 Years Ago
I ordered Popcorn FX and the plugin, the Lighting Attacker stopped working, tried the settings,reloaded
the program ,wont work.....also the Ant move will not work, everything else ok.

Space Rider (1/16/2018)
It ain't Rocket Science guys. It is just Good Business.

Space - What comes to my mind is that the frustration we feel amounts to the fact that by THIS time, MOST of us are sooo indelibly invested in RL $$wise, that we basically have to CHOKE on situations like these. I sometimes wonder if their marketing model doesn't exploit this little inconvenient truth... ? Sad ~V~ 

uncle chuckle
I am not sure but I think some of the Particles use a different technique to use.... I too found those to be not working under normal use. Haven't gotten that far learning it.
RA>
Over the years of RL Software development we have witnessed an absolutely amazing Company shoot for the Moon (so to say) and they are on target.
The thing is that along the way sometimes things go astray. RL needs us to inform them of such so they can make necessary changes. That is the best way to make a business grow....our input is from direct experience with their problems and issues.  Customers comments (references) on the net and forums? Those complaints can turn off prospective buyers completely, I know i  have many friends that declined to buy any RL products because of the negative comments about the RL ways,  policies and confusion on their web sites. Shame. This is about truth and reality. If we do not let RL know....then we deserve to keep on accepting these problems. All we can do is hope that RL gets the message and deals properly with it. By notifying RL AT least we will know that they know of them and if they are not fixed that they are just ignoring them. Yes, we are heavily into their products but they have a legal obligation to us as well. RL could make a lot more money by doing things better than they are with the issues corrected and our full support and references to others wanting to buy. Our word of mouth around social media can make or break them too. They need to be totally aware of that fact. We have a right to complain and we will. That is the real issue here, most users do not because they are not wanting to be seen by others as a complainer. They should not feel like that. For me, I am a fighter for my rights and what is right. I do not ignore problems. But that is just my way of life.  Why do we the customers have to suffer and be aggravated and waste time through it all? That's just wrong.

@uncle chuckle
the Lighting Attacker stopped working, tried the settings,reloaded
the program ,wont work

That's not quite true.
The Ligth Attacker works - in the video I have put you a small test.
Here you can see how it works.
You just have to note that the flash must come from the sides - not from above.

However, if you mean the promotional video,
where the boxes fall over as if thrown by lightning,
that's a trick that works that way.
All boxes have physics and are set to "Dynamic".
The floor is the "Infinity Plane" or the floor has physics status "Static"
The skates automatically fall over due to the physics. That has nothing to do with the lightning, they would fall out of it.
The Ligthnig Attack Blitz is just the show effect

So far, I have not gotten the Ants to work this way.
I have to try that out first
Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Thank you all for raising this issue. Our Online Business team has heard all your comments and concerns about this issue and we really appreciate your feedback. We are aware that our initial way of marketing the product and our first promotional messages were confusing. We sincerely apologize for that.

Our Reallusion Business team cares a lot about our customers' opinions and feedback. We try to listen and do our utmost effort to deliver the best technology at the best possible price, while keeping an optimum balance between our users' interests and investments in order to ensure continual growth.

The PopcornFX Learning Sample 50 was initially a special bonus for PopcornFX pre-order users and after the formal PopcornFX launch on Dec. 21st 2017, it was no longer available. During this period, we received many inquiries from users asking us how they could also purchase this Learning Samples 50 pack. So we decided to offer it in the "Also Buy" section of the shopping cart for $20. Once the Early Bird promotion ended and the store price went back to its original price, we decided to offer it once more to fulfill more user requests. Once again, we understand that this confused many users and we truly apologize for this.

So if you wish to acquire this bonus content, then all you need to do is to log into your member account and you will see the Support Notification link for the purchase option. We hope that by offering this our users will be able to fully utilize these resources to better learn and use the latest PopcornFX tools for iClone.

We thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing more of your great works using PopcornFX.

Many thanks from the Reallusion Online Business Team
By uvz - 6 Years Ago
any possibility of popcornfx samples being given free by Reallusion
By charly Rama - 3 Years Ago
Hi, Peter.

I simulated to buy popcorn FX plugin  yesterday (I have already purchased it without having learning samples 50) and it still noticed that the learning sample come as a bonus. So I don't understand why now it's a bonus and for us no, we purchased the plugin  before without bonus and others who purchase it today has it as a bonus ??? I don't understand.this is totally unfair for "old" consumers like us

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c54bbd04-c9f7-4865-a4e9-edd0.png

And I searched the link to purchase just it as mentionned above , nowhere.

Thank you
By toystorylab - 3 Years Ago
In 2017 you only got them as a Bonus if you pre-ordered the plugin.
Though I pre-ordered I wrote in this thread 3 years ago:
It would make sense to generally include it in 'Popcorn FX Bundle"...
Plugin + Library 40 × Samples 50         

Either you pre-ordered or you bought it separately.
In both cases they are listed on the Order page in your user account:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f6d3d7c2-0a61-4ea5-b27a-111d.png

Don't think you can blame RL for changing their policy 3 years later and give it as a Bonus generally.
It's not about blame or not, it's just not  logical, yes every company can change their policy but not so unfair for some customers. Yes I'm happy for the new buyers but older and loyals customers ? If you change your policy, you have to think about your loyal customers who have to buy it separately just because they bought the plugin BEFORE. And there are no more link even to buy it separately Angry So I ask you a question, if I want to have them, I have to buy once more the plugin ? because it seems the only way to have them. Do you find this logical ? Yes giving it as a bonus for all who bought the plugin should make more sens.
By rosuckmedia - 3 Years Ago
Hello Charly, I absolutely agree with you
that is not understandable. (not logical)
Greetings rosuckmedia
By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
charly Rama (1/13/2021)
It's not about blame or not, it's just not  logical, yes every company can change their policy but not so unfair for some customers. Yes I'm happy for the new buyers but older and loyals customers ? If you change your policy, you have to think about your loyal customers who have to buy it separately just because they bought the plugin BEFORE. And there are no more link even to buy it separately Angry So I ask you a question, if I want to have them, I have to buy once more the plugin ? because it seems the only way to have them. Do you find this logical ? Yes giving it as a bonus for all who bought the plugin should make more sens.

Hi Charly

Please can you contact Customer Support and explain the situation to them. I'm sure they will be able to help. Smile
Thank you Rosuckmedia

Thank you Peter, it's done, waiting their answer Smile in anycase, thank you for your reactivity, presence on this forum.